Chapter 42

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 42}

Eun Kyung walked in the secluded carpark to her car and tears just fell from her eyes. She knew she shouldn’t be jumping into conclusions but it just hurt.

Her heart hurts.

She was hurt once when Jaejoong decided to cheat on her.

She was hurt, again, when she saw Hyun Ae acting all smugly in front of her.

And now?

She saw the same girl that broke her marriage, kissing her current love.

 

Eun Kyung wiped her tears away forcefully when someone circled their fingers around her wrist and yanked her back.

“Wait, Eun. Listen to me.” Kris pleaded.

Eun Kyung pulled away from Kris and looked up at him, looking him straight into his eyes.

“Do you know how much it hurts watching the both of you kiss?” She asked him.

“I-”

“Do you know how many times I had to convince myself that, that wasn’t you?”

Kris lowered his head and reached for her hands.

“Eun Kyung, please. Don’t say this. It wasn’t me who kissed her. She was the one who forced herself on me. I didn’t…”

Eun Kyung brought her finger to his lips and shook her head.

“I don’t want to hear you speak.”

 

Kris’ heart dropped when he heard what Eun Kyung had said.

Negative thoughts swam in his mind, every other bad possibility began to surface in his head.

He thought she was mad at him.

He thought whatever they had between them was over.

He thought Eun Kyung was going to leave him.

But her next words shocked him.

 

“I know you aren’t that kind of person. She most probably kissed you without you agreeing.” Eun Kyung said as a small smile crept on her lips.

She held his face and caressed his face with her thumb.

“I believe in you. Don’t make me regret ever loving you.” She said.

 

Kris sighed in relief and pressed his lips onto Eun Kyung’s. They broke the gentle kiss and he broke Eun Kyung into his arms.

“I was so afraid that you would leave me.” Kris murmured as he rested his chin on the top of Eun Kyung’s head.

She chuckled and pressed her cheek on his chest.

“You’re so paranoid. Haven’t I stayed with you long enough to know what kind of a person you are?” She whispered. “I’m sorry for what I said earlier…”

Kris looked at her and confusion set on his face.

“What did you say?”

“I said that you were the same as Jaejoong.” Eun Kyung said sheepishly and Kris pecked her forehead.

“I guessed I deserved it. For letting that woman kiss me.” Kris said with a laugh. “Come on, I’ll drive you back to Kyln.”

Eun Kyung nodded and Kris helped her to her car.

Unbeknownst to them, someone armed with a DSLR managed to capture a few photos of them.

 

Kris and Eun Kyung were still in bed when their mobile phones and landline began to ring like crazy. Eun Kyung groaned sleepily and turned to face Kris. She tapped him and he rolled over.

“Hmm?” He hummed just as sleepily and draped his arm on her waist.

“The phone’s ringing…” She mumbled. Kris snuggled closer and pressed his lips on her forehead.

“Leave it be.” He said and Eun Kyung turned away.

The house became silent for a while and Kris moved closer towards her, hugging her waist from behind and burying his face in her hair with his hands rested on her swollen belly.

However, the ringing started all over again a few moments later and Eun Kyung stirred. Kris pecked her cheek and got up from the bed. He smiled at when he saw her still sound asleep on the bed before picking up his phone.

It was his secretary.

“Hello?” Kris answered.

“Boss! Have you seen the news today? Everyone’s going crazy!” His secretary started rapping in the phone and Kris pinched his nose bridge.

“Ms Jeon, please, slow down. What are you talking about?” Kris said, his voice becoming strict.

“Everyone is going crazy over the fact that you and Ms Baek kiss yesterday! In the carpark, some reporter got a picture of you and her together!”

Kris’ heart dropped.

“What?”

“You have to come down to the office immediately! There are reporters crowding around downstairs so be careful when coming.”

Kris ended the call and ran to the toilet to wash up.

All the movements woke Eun Kyung and she sat up sleepily.

“What’s going on?” She asked when Kris came out of the toilet.

“Nothing,” he said and pecked her forehead. “Go back to sleep.”

He rushed to his walk in wardrobe and picked out his suit. Eun Kyung set her feet on the floor and reached for her mobile phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter