Chapter 36

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 36}

When Jaejoong received the phone call that Eun Kyung had been admitted to the hospital, he was scared to death. On the way to the hospital, he kept thinking about Eun Kyung and the baby.

“Where is she? Where is Eun Kyung?” He asked the moment he stepped foot into the hospital. “Calm down. You name, sir and who are you looking for?” The lady behind the desk asked. “Kim. Kim Jaejoong. I’m looking for my wife! She got into a car accident earlier!” Jaejoong said. “May I have her name?”

“Baek Eun Kyung. God damn it! Just tell me where she is!” Jaejoong yelled and the nurse told him the directions. He rushed off without making a double check on Eun Kyung’s room number.

“Where is my wife? I’m Kim Jaejoong, where’s my wife?” He asked, his voice was up a notch because he was so freaking worried about Eun Kyung. He was going down the corridor when a door on his right opened.

“Jaejoong, here.” Kris said. Without questioning why Kris was here, he dashed into the ward. “Babe! Are you okay? What happened?” Jaejoong asked and sat down next to Eun Kyung, holding her hand and the back of her hand with his thumb.

Kris stood behind Jaejoong and watched how he acted around Eun Kyung and a little green fire of jealousy started bubbling at the pit of his stomach. He knew he shouldn’t be feeling that way because Jaejoong is the husband of Eun Kyung. On the wedding certificate, under the groom’s name, it would be Jaejoong instead of Kris.

Then again, this man cheated on this wonderful lady in front of him. At the thought of this, a bigger ball of red flame burned, overpowering that little green flame. “Babe, is the baby alright?” Jaejoong’s voice brought him back from his thoughts.

Kris’ eyes wandered to their interlocked hands, and then to Eun Kyung. He saw fear, love, hatred, betrayal, relief and pain in her eyes. So many emotions running through her mind as Jaejoong settled down in front of her, being all worried. She couldn’t help but think negative things, like what if he was just faking this, so that he wouldn’t get the divorce?

“Babe? Are you there? Do you need me to call the doctor?” Eun Kyung turned to look at Jaejoong, in a daze. “I’m fine. I-I’m fine.” She said. Jaejoong heaved a sigh of relief and pecked Eun Kyung’s forehead.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter