Chapter 25

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 25}

Eun Kyung felt suffocated in the event, especially when everyone was trying to congratulate her for her pregnancy. The media was giving her a terrible, terrible headache. She had to go around smiling at guests and potential customers despite feeling unwell.

Kris followed behind her, watching her every move, just in case something happens to her. He knew something was wrong with Eun Kyung, but he just couldn’t place a finger on what. The last straw came when that girl Jaejoong was talking to earlier came talking to her.

"Well, I need some air. I'll be outside." She told herself and hoped that the people around her heard what she had said. Going through the crowd, she went up to Mr Hwang and excused herself. Then she left the event venue, with Kris following her silently.

Eun Kyung couldn’t stay in the same room with Jaejoong anymore. He would never change, look at his behaviour, his pregnant wife is sitting there alone as he went around and flirted to every hot girl he laid his eyes on. Not to mention, that he gave her alcohol!

“Ugh…” She groaned as she stood at the curb, flagging for a cab. “Hey there, Mrs Kim.” A voice echoed behind her and she spun around. Before she realised anything, she was dragged away from the side of the road.

Kris had just come out of the building when he heard muffled callings for help and his head snapped towards the sound. He saw Eun Kyung getting dragged away into a dark alley.

 

“Do you still remember me?” The man asked. “It’s you. I fired you, of course I remember. Who wouldn’t remember an irresponsible man like you?” She spat at his face. A slap rang in her ears as a hand was brought down onto her cheek.

“Because of you, I lost my job. Because of you, my wife ran away with another guy, and took my daughter with her! It was all because of you!” He exclaimed and pushed Eun Kyung roughly against the wall.

Pain shot through her body when her back connected with the wall. “I heard that you are pregnant,” the guy said and his eyes dropped to her lower abdomen. “Well, you made me lose my kid, I’ll make you lose yours too!” He yelled.

The man sent a knee k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter