Chapter 40

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 40}

Kris came strolling back into Eun Kyung’s hospital ward and saw that the bed was empty. He panicked and checked the toilet. When he didn’t see any sign of Eun Kyung, he rushed out of the room and ran to the nurse.

“Where is the patient in room 1308? She isn’t inside.” Kris asked the nearby nurse breathlessly. “I saw her going up to the roof garden.” She said and Kris raced towards the lifts. “Please don’t do anything rash…” He muttered as he rode the elevator.

He finally reached the top level of the building and saw Eun Kyung standing alone near the edge of the roof. “Eun!” He yelled and ran towards her. She turned around and saw Kris rocketing towards her. “W-what?” She squealed when Kris hugged her.

“What are you trying to do? If you jump, what is going to happen to me?!” He yelled and tightened the hug. “What are you talking about? Kris?” Eun Kyung asked and coughed. “You’re hugging me too tightly~” She coughed and Kris let go. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry…” He apologised and held the girl by her arms.

“What are you doing so close to the edge? Are you going to jump? Is Kim Jaejoong that important to you? That you have to jump because of him? If you were to jump, what will happen to me?!” Kris kept firing questions at the poor girl and she wasn’t able to answer any of them.

“How about me? I love you!” Kris yelled and Eun Kyung shut the man up by planting her lips on his. After a moment or two, she broke the kiss and looked at the shocked male. “Can I talk now?” She asked and Kris nodded dumbly.

“I wasn’t going to jump, you goon!” Eun Kyung chuckled and patted Kris’ face lightly. “Then why were you standing there?” He asked. “I was just taking a breather!” She laughed and Kris shook his head. “You don’t have to stand there to breathe right?!” He shouted and crossed his arms, turning his back on her.

Eun Kyung’s laugh slowly died down and she saw Kris back facing her. “Aww, come on… Wu Dragon…” Eun Kyung called out and poked the man’s back. Kris didn’t answer her and Eun Kyung frowned. “Ah… My tummy, it hurts…” Eun Kyung feigned that she was having a tummy ache.

Kris spun around immediately and fussed over her. “Are you okay? What happened?” Kris asked and saw that Eun Kyung was giggling. “I lied~” She sang and poked his cheek. “How can you joke about something like this?! I thought something happened to you!” He scolded and Eun Kyung pouted. “You didn’t want to answer me,” she said cutely and Kris felt his lips tugging upwards. He quickly reverted back to his cold front but Eun Kyung saw that slight smile.

“So,” she started. “What was it just now? You love me?” Eun Kyung asked, teasing the male. She could have sworn she saw Kris blushing. “Aww, you love me~!” She sang and Kris walked away, with his arms folded. “Wu Dragon~!” She called out. “Wu Dragon~” She called again and ran up to him. She jumped on his back and was high enough to lock her ankles together in front, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Eun Kyung giggled and poked his cheek. “Aww, come on. Don’t be so pouty, I don’t want our baby to be like his father~” She teased and Kris stopped. He straightened his back as he made Eun Kyung more comfortable on his back, and tucked his arms under her knees, clasping his hands in front of his stomach. “Yah,” he said. “Yes, Wu Dragon?” Eun Kyung hummed and played with his blonde hair.

“Are things really over with you and Kim?” He asked, being carefully with his words. “Yeah, we ended things.” She replied and pressed her cheek on his shoulder. Kris sighed in relief and walked towards the lift. “So,” Eun Kyung voiced out. “Hmm?” He hummed and Eun Kyung played with his hair again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter