Chapter 28

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 28}

Eun Kyung didn’t feel that well half way up the stairs and Kris scooped her up. She glanced around before looked at Kris with a shocked look. “Ya, what if your grandmother sees this?” She whispered-exclaimed. “Don’t worry about that. Worry about yourself.” Kris said gently.

 

Eun Kyung helped Kris open the room door and she was let down gently onto the bed. He helped her prop the pillow up against the headboard so that she could sit up comfortably. “Were you hurting again?” Kris asked. Eun Kyung looked down at her still-flat tummy and nodded.

 

“Just a little, I guess.” She said and caressed her tummy. Kris watched as the mother of his child gaze lovingly at her stomach. He had come to terms with being a father, and having a child with a married woman whose husband was cheating on her. What a complicated relationship they shared. He suddenly had a strong urge to-

 

“Can I, uh, feel, uh, our child?” Kris asked cautiously. Eun Kyung looked up at Kris and saw his eyes move from her to her tummy. “You want to…?” She asked and Kris nodded timidly. Eun Kyung was hesitant, she didn’t know if she should let him.

 

“Well, if you don’t feel comfortable, I’ll-” Kris said and was cut off when Eun Kyung held his hand and brought it to her tummy. Kris was slightly taken aback when she did that but his heart did a flip when his hand was in hers.

 

She rested his hand on her tummy, then placed her small hands on his. “Junior’s only two months old, so you won’t be able to feel him.” She said. Kris looked at Eun Kyung with a soft gaze and asked, “Junior? Why are you so sure the baby would be a boy?” She smiled at him and patted her heart. “I can feel it.”

 

Their gaze locked with each other’s and Kris started to lean forward. Their lips almost touched when Grandma Wu popped out from behind the door. Kris jumped away from Eun Kyung when he heard the door open. “Yifan, can I talk to you for a minute?” She asked and he nodded.

 

Turning to face the girl on the bed, he smiled and said, “I’ll be back soon. I call you when it’s dinner time.” Kris reached out to ruffle the girl’s hair before leaving the room with his grandmother.

 

“What is it?” He asked after his grandmother decided to pull him into his study room. “Tell me. Is she pregnant?” She asked. The male was taken aback at his grandma’s bluntness and looked sheepishly to the ground.

 

“Was that why you brought her here?” She asked. Kris looked up and nodded, not saying a single word. “Do you lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter