Chapter 12

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 12}

Kris stood in front of the venue of the VVIP event for Hilcoa. He decided to drop by to check up on the developments on the decorations, and wondered if Eun Kyung needed any help. Ever since that night, he had been thinking of Eun Kyung. He didn't know why, but there was this small moment that he would be thinking of the girl he had spent the night with.

He knew that he wasn't the type that to be overly attached to girls that he had with, but this time, with Eun Kyung, he wasn't so sure anymore. He could not understand why he was constantly thinking about her. Blurred images of that night they both shared had been haunting him, and he felt guilty, for bedding a married woman. 

Kris sighed as he took a step into the building, he knew he had to keep his thoughts away from Eun Kyung. Gosh, that woman is MARRIED. To his business rival, who most probably be the richest man in whole of Seoul. Kris made his way to the said venue and stopped outside the ballroom's huge doors. He hesitated, he didn't know and wasn't sure if he should be here.

Heck. He isn't even sure if she would be happy to see him. He had his hands on the doors but decided against his original plan of going inside. His hands slid off the doors and turned his back, wanting to leave when he heard the voice of a stressed woman from behind the doors. I'm your ing boss. I'm the one who hired you and l can fire you right now.

"Eun Kyung?" Her name left his lips and a male's voice sounded. Tch, what the hell? I don't think you will fire me now. If you do, no one would finish the job for you. "Is he threatening his boss?" Kris pushed open the door softly and paused when he heard her say something. Try me. "That pabo." He mentally scolded her and entered the hallroom.

He turned to his right and saw a man towering in front of Eun Kyung, and it does seem that she wasn't feeling too comfortable with him being close. He saw the guy raise his hand and Kris immediately ran up, grabbing his wrist. "What the hell do you think you are doing?" He said as he stole a glance at Eun Kyung. She looks really unwell. Kris thought.

"Who are you? And let go of me." The guy said and swung Kris' hand off his roughly. Kris stood next to Eun Kyung and held her waist. "Are you alright?" Kris asked and the girl nodded. Kris then looked at the guy and said, "How dare you. Wanting to hit your boss?" That worker poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue again and his friends pulled him away.

His friends mumbled a small apology on behalf of that worker and they walked past Kris and Eun Kyung. Her knees buckled because of her aching head. "Woah," Kris exclaimed as he caught her. "Are you sure you are alright?" He asked her and Eun Kyung nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter