Chapter 14

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 14}

For the next one and a half hours, Kris helped Eun Kyung clean the place up. Eun Kyung's subordinate came rushing into ballroom. "Executive Baek! The tables, chairs and glass casings are here." She informed and Eun Kyung dropped whatever she was doing and followed her subordinate out. Kris continued with stabilising the curtains as she went off.

"You can leave them here." Eun Kyung's voice echoed in the huge room and Kris got up from the stage floor. He had laid down to rest when she was gone. He watched as the workers carried the stuff in and placed them aside. He watched as Eun Kyung stood aside and supervised them. He saw her pat her chest with a look of discomfort on her face. Kris thought he was imagining things.

Eun Kyung had felt the tightening of her chest and she patted the discomfort away. She rested her hand on her chest and thanked the workers after they finished with her orders. Her subordinate handed her a file and she flipped through it. "Could you help me get some workers here? To help set up the place?" Eun Kyung asked and her subordinate rushed off after nodding her head.

As soon as her subordinate left, Eun Kyung felt dizzy and Kris immediately ran towards her, holding her steady. "Woah there." Kris said and Eun Kyung laid on his broad shoulders for a moment. "I'm fine." She assured and stood up straight. Kris side-hugged Eun Kyung to support her. "Executive Baek, I've called workers here!" Eun Kyung looked at her subordinate and those few burly men behind her.

"Thanks, you can leave now. The rest of you, come here." Eun Kyung ordered, stepping away from Kris. There were a total of 5 guys and Eun Kyung told 2 of them to carry the long tables to the right of the room, where the refreshments would be at. She then told the other two to bring the round tables to the left side, together with the chairs. They were for the guests.

Eun Kyung, together with the last worker, carried the glass casings to the centre of the room. Kris came running over to help the girl carry. He sent her a look because she had clearly forgotten that he was there. "Miss! How do you want the tables to be placed?" One of the workers yelled from the left side of the room. Eun Kyung ran over and told him the directions.

Kris and the other worker were lifting up the last glass casing when he heard a shout. He turned around and saw Eun Kyung looking at her hand. He rushed over and saw blood. He grabbed her hand and saw a cut. "What happened here?" He asked and Eun Kyung looked at him. "I cut myself on the table's sharp edge. It's nothing." She said and yanked her hand away from Kris. 

"Be careful." Kris warned and watched as Eun Kyung left the ballroom. She headed to the washroom to clean the cut up. After washing, she just simply used the plaster to cover up the wound. It was just a small cut anyway. A few minutes later, she went back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter