Chapter 35

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 35}

Eun Kyung stayed there for an hour or so before leaving. She was drinking water in the kitchen when she heard a click coming from the front door. She froze and stopped doing whatever she was doing. She waited to see who was in the house but that person just went straight upstairs.

Eun Kyung took this chance and quickly grabbed her stuff before leaving the house. She needed to go somewhere before going back to Kyln, so she started driving. When she was on the road, she noticed that there were a few cars following her. She thought it was just her imagination but they were proven to be real when she went to another route.

Those cars followed her all around but she couldn’t fathom the reason why. Turns after turns, corners after corners, she couldn’t shake them off. Her heart began racing and she sped up. The cars behind her got closer and closer, too close for comfort.

 

Kris was in a meeting with several of the shareholders. No one could get a hold of him because he had always had the habit of turning his mobile off when he had meetings. He had given his secretary instructions not to disturb him, so he was surprised when his secretary came knocking onto the meeting room’s doors.

The doors flew opened and his secretary barged in. Kris had that bad feeling in him again when he saw that look on his secretary’s face. “What is it?” Kris asked. “You have a phone call. From the hospital.” He said and Kris’ heart slowed down. “Please excuse me for a moment.” Kris told the shareholders and exited the conference room.

“Hello?” Kris asked, his hand shaking. “Is this Kris?” The hospital’s personnel asked and Kris acknowledged. “Sorry for the informal greeting, I’m just reading the name off of Ms Baek’s mobile. She had dialled your number just before the accident.” The personnel said.

The moment the personnel told him briefly about what had happened, and he rushed out of the office building. The drive to the hospital was a nightmare. He didn’t know what had really happened to Eun Kyung had him imagining the worst. He didn’t have any clear recollection on how he had got to the hospital.

All he knew was to get to the hospital as fast as possible. He wondered if the hospital had contacted Jaejoong, since he was her rightful husband. At the speed Kris had been travelling, it was a miracle that he did not get into a car accident himself.

When he arrived, he had to use the backdoor because the media had already began to gather at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter