Chapter 18

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 18}

Urgh! Goddamn it, Kris! Stop thinking about her! Kris scolded himself as he raked his hair. He had locked himself in his room to finish his work. Proposals and reports occupied his mind after that day Eun Kyung told him to leave. He could not help but think about her. Kris slapped himself on his cheeks twice as he chided himself.

''Kris?" His grandma knocked on the door to his room. "Come in grandma." Kris said and his room door opened. "l didn't see you at dinner, so I've brought you some soup." His grandma said as she approached his table with a bowl of chicken soup. "Thank you NaiNai [Grandma]." "Aigoo, are you that busy to even have a proper dinner with your grandma?" She said and Kris immediately dropped what he was doing and faced his elder.

He held his grandma's hands in his as he apologised. "Dui bu qi Nainai [I'm sorry Grandma]. l have work to do..." His grandma chuckled and patted her grandson's hands. "Silly boy. You have to rest, even machines need to take breaks to cool down." She said and Kris smiled. "Arraso. I'll rest now and finish the soup." He said and his grandma nodded. "Now that's my good grandson."

***

"Hyung! You're late." "I'm sorry, I'll pay today okay?" Kris said. His buddy nodded his head enthusiastically. "So, how has have you been?" Kris asked. "Being a doctor is not easy you know." "Don't kid with me, Yixing. You are such a well-known doctor." Kris said and Yixing chuckled. "'Hyung~" He waved a hand at his best friend.

These two have been the best of friends since high school. High School is a place where one finds their true friend and they were each other's true friend. Kris was in Business studies while Yixing was in Medical. That didn't stop these two from being good friends. After graduation, Kris proceeded to his family's company to gain experience before becoming the CEO and Yixing proceeded to medical school.

Being a genius, he managed to finish med school in half the time of normal students. He managed to gain experience by following his professor. "You know, being a doctor, and a well-known one at that, you meet a lot of people." Yixing said. Kris nodded, and asked for the waiter. "Two Long Island Ice Teas for us please." Kris ordered and and looked at Yixing. "So..?" He said and Yixing raised his eyebrows.

"You said you meet a lot of people. Who do you meet?" Kris asked and Yixing said, "Oh yeah, you know Nichkhun and Tiffany right?" "The kpop idol couple?" Kris said and Yixing nodded. "So what about them?" "Don't tell anybody but Tiffany's pregnant." Yixing said and dropped his voice when the waiter came by with their drinks. "Aren't they nor married yet?" Kris asked and Yixing looked at his buddy with a look. "What?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter