Chapter 20

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 20}

Kris was at home that day, finishing the last parts to the work he needed to complete. When he was done, he leaned back on his swirly chair and stretched himself. His stomach growled and he was craving for jjajangmyeon. He remembered that there was this restaurant near Kyln, selling the best jjajangmyeon. Kris got up, threw on a tee-shirt over his torso and got out his house.

"One set of jjajangmyeon." Kris ordered and paid. He sat at an empty table, waiting for his food to arrive. Are you eating garlic? A female voice two tables beind him caught his attention. I thought you hated garlic? Kris chuckled, after hearing what this lady had said. A small laugh broke out and Kris' ears perked up. "This..." Kris muttered and he heard, Well I guess I like them now. Kris turned his head slightly and he noticed Eun Kyung with her colleague.

Kris switched his seat and watched as the two girls finished their food and walked out. His food had arrived and he slowly ate his noodles. "I should check up on the VVIP event later on." Kris told himself and finished up his meal.

***

"Kris Wu Yifan. What are you doing here?" Eun Kyung repeated. She sat down on one of the chairs and Kris looked at her. His eyes softened when he saw Eun Kyung patting her chest and the colour in her face slowly returned. "I'm here, because I know you would overwork yourself." Kris said. He rested his finger on the spot in between her eyebrows. Eun Kyung flinched for a moment, but felt her facial muscles relaxing.

"Don't knit your eyebrows like this." Kris said and took his finger away. Eun Kyung felt her heart flutter a little at his soft tone. Snap out of it. You are married, and you are a month pregnant. Eun Kyung thought and looked at Kris. Her stomach fell when she realised that the father of her baby is just standing in front of her. "Are you okay?" Kris' voice interrupted her thoughts.

Eun Kyung waved her hand at him and stood up. "I'm fine." She said and walked towards the other table where the last set of products was. "Where are you going?" Kris asked but Eun Kyung ignored him. She took the products and walked to the last display casing. "I'll help you." Kris said and rushed over to her, just before she decided to lift the glass herself.

After Eun Kyung placed the products nicely on the pink cushion, she received a call. Kris lifted the glass casing up as Eun Kyung took two steps away. Cho Hee. The caller ID read. Eun Kyung turned her head and looked at Kris, waving her phone at him. Kris nodded and she answered the call. "Eun. I-" Cho Hee starts, panting heavily. "What's wrong?" Eun Kyung asked, uneasiness slowly building up inside her.

"I-"

"What's wrong?"

"I saw-"

"Oh my gosh. Cho Hee, just say it!" Eun Kyung ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter