Sick Day

Life As We Know It

Daehyun age 4
Youngjae aga 3
Jongup age 2
Junhong age 1


Sick Day

Yongguk frowned when he placed the back of his hand on his son’s forehead.  Jongup was still warm but not as hot as it was 30 minutes ago when he took his medicine.  He wished that he could be at home so that his son could sleep soundly in his bed but unfortunately Yongguk couldn’t get out of working today and neither could Himchan.  Himchan had actually called Yongguk right as he was driving to work, telling him that the daycare called and informed him that Jongup was running a fever.  Himchan had told Yongguk that he couldn’t get Jongup because today was the day his students had their finals in his class and he couldn’t leave.  Yongguk agreed to picking up their son and taking him to work with him.  Today was the only day that Secret had free to record before they left for Japan and the new single album needed to be recorded.  So both Yongguk and Jongup were stuck in the recording studio.

“Poor Jonguppie.”  Yongguk murmured to himself as he lightly his son’s raven hair.  Jongup sat on Yongguk’s lap with his head resting on Yongguk’s chest.  Yongguk couldn’t really work with the toddler sleeping in his lap but he couldn’t move him to the couch in the back of the studio.  Jongup had always been clingy but became clingier whenever he was sick.  He didn’t like to be parted from either of his parents. 

Yongguk turned to the door as he heard the girls from Secret coming closer to the studio.  He shushed them as they entered the recording studio.

“Aigoo, is that Jonguppie?”  Hyosung said as she walked over to Yongguk.

“Sorry.  I had to bring him today.  The daycare called saying that he was running a fever and Himchan couldn’t get off of work because of finals.”  Yongguk explained to the four girls.

“There’s no need to apologize.”  Jieun said. “You know how much we love seeing your sons.”

“I just wish that little Jonguppie wasn’t sick.” Sunhwa pouted.  “I wanted to play with him.”

“Me too.”  Hana lightly Jongup’s head.

“Well we'll just have to see how he feels when he wakes up.”  Yongguk said as he kissed the top of his son's head.  “Although I can't guarantee that he'll want to play with his noonas.  He becomes really clingy when he's sick.”

The recording session went by smoothly until Jongup woke up from his nap.  Yongguk rubbed Jongup's back as the toddler whined when he stirred from his nap.  “Shh.  It's okay Jonguppie, appa is here.”

The toddler whined, almost to the verge of tears.  He buried his face into his father's chest.  Yongguk placed the back of his hand on his son's cheek before moving it to his forehead.  Yongguk sighed in relief as the fever let down.  Jongup's cheeks were no longer red from the heat.

“Do you want some juice?”  He asked his son.

Jongup nodded.  “I want baba no sippy.”  His voice came out faint as his face was still buried into his father's chest.

“Alright but don't tell daddy I gave you the baba.”  Yongguk pulled out the already prepared baby bottle of juice.  Himchan had been trying to get Jongup off the bottle for some time and only gave him a sippy cup.  He was only allowed a bottle for bedtime.  Jongup held the bottle in one hand and drank it while his other hand played with his earlobe.

“Aigoo, little Jonguppie is awake.”  Hana rolled her chair next to Yongguk.  “Want to play with noona?”

Jongup furrowed his eyebrows and grunted as Hana extended her hands.  He tried to move even closer to his dad and further away from Hana. 

“Jongup you remember Hana noona.  Don't you want to play with her?”  Yongguk coaxed his son, only to have him grunt at the question.

“How about playing with your pretty Hyosung noona?”  She smiled her gummy smile at the toddler only to pout when Jongup groaned even louder and longer.

“Sorry.  I guess he doesn't want to play right now.”  Yongguk felt bad, but he knew it was going to happen.

“It’s okay Yongguk.  It was to be expected.”  Hyosung said.

Normally Jongup would have liked to play with his noonas but right now he wanted nothing but to stick to his dad.  He didn't want to be bothered by anyone.  He stopped drinking his bottle and looked up at his dad.  “Appa home.”

Yongguk kissed his forehead.  “Daddy will be here soon to pick you up and take you home.  Do you want to help Appa work while we wait for Daddy?”  Jongup shook his head and continued to drink his bottle while sitting on Yongguk’s lap.  “Alright, just watch Appa okay?”

The time soon flew by as the recording continued.  Yongguk packed Jongup’s things and Jongup said his goodbyes to the Secret members when Himchan arrived at the studio.  Yongguk carried Jongup to Himchan’s car.  Yongguk decided to get them both nice big SUVs after Jongup was born since their small cars wouldn’t fit all the car seats they had.  Of course Himchan insisted that he would get the nicer of the two cars.

“Hey Channie.”  Yongguk said as he strapped Jongup to his car seat.

“Hey.”  Himchan said to his husband before turning to his son.  “Is my Jonguppie feeling better?”  Jongup nodded.  “How was he?”  He asked when Yongguk sat on the passenger side.

“He slept most of the time.  And he was a bit fussy when he woke up.  He didn’t even want to play with his pretty noonas.”  Yongguk said which surprised Himchan.

“But Jonguppie loves his Secret noonas.”

“Umma home.”  Jongup whined from his seat.

“Umma is going to take you home.  Don’t worry.”  Himchan reached back to squeeze his son’s leg before turning back to Yongguk.  “I guess I should get going.  I need to go pick up the others from daycare.”

“Okay.  I gave him his medicine 3 hours ago so he’ll need to take it again soon.”  Yongguk said as he opened the door.  “I shouldn’t be home late.  I only have a few more things to wrap up today.”

They both exchanged a quick kiss before saying, “I love you” to each other.  Yongguk went to the back seat and gave Jongup a quick kiss on the forehead.

“Jonguppie will be better when you get home Appa.”  Jongup said causing Yongguk to smile at his son.  “Bye Appa.”  Jongup waved at his father as the car drove off.

 


Subscribe, comment and upvote~