Himchan's Day Off

Life As We Know It

Daehyun age 3
Youngjae age 3
Jongup age 2
Junhong 6 months

Himchan’s Day off

Himchan scrunched up his nose as he stirred from his slumber. He could hear footsteps shuffling around from the hallway accompanied by muffled laughter. He kept his eyes shut, not wanting them to get exposed to the morning light. He wanted nothing more than to drift back to sleep for a bit more but the noise outside was telling him that he needed to walk up.

The footsteps were getting closer to his door. ‘Five more minutes.’ He silently pleaded. Just five more minutes, that’s all he wanted.

He heard someone shushing the ones responsible for the noise as the footsteps came to a halt in front of his door. He kept his eyes shut as the door handle slowly turned. He mentally sighed as a set of feet quietly made their way to his bed.

“Himchan.” A deep but soft voice called out to him. “Himchan, wake up.” He couldn’t say no to that voice. He opened his eyes to see the owner of the voice staring back at him with a gummy smile on his face. A baby in his arms was also staring back at him, his big eyes shining as he realized that Himchan was awake. Three toddlers where standing at the side of his bed, smiling.

“Happy Birthday Daddy!” Daehyun said as he raised his arms in the air.

“Happy Birthday!” Youngjae said as he jumped around.

“Happy Birfday Umma!” Jongup said. He raised his arms in the air before clapping his hands excitedly.

Himchan sat up in his bed as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. He smiled at the children. “Thank you.” He motioned for them to climb on the bed with him. “Come here, I want to give my babies a kiss.”

The three toddlers did as they were told and climbed on the bed. They huddled close to Himchan, giggling as he kissed them on their foreheads. He heard the baby start to fuss in his husband's arms. Himchan reached out for the baby.

“Junhong, did you miss your daddy?” He sat the baby in his lap and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek, resulting in a laugh from the baby.

“Happy Birthday Channie.”

He looked up at his husband smiling. “Thanks Yongguk.”

Yongguk bent down and placed a soft kiss on Himchan’s lips. He pulled back. “Breakfast is almost ready. The kids and I cooked.”

“Daehyunnie was gonna eat all the food!” Youngjae said, telling on his brother.

“Nuh uh.” Whined Daehyun.

“Uh huh.”

“No I was not Youngjae!” Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

“Are you two going to keep arguing or are you going to help with your daddy’s breakfast?” Yongguk asked, stopping the two boys from arguing. Satisfied, Yongguk smiled and turned back to Himchan. “Now hurry up and come to the kitchen so you can have your birthday breakfast. But first you might want to brush your teeth. You have a bad case of morning breath.”

“It’s not that bad.” Himchan raised a hand to his mouth. He cupped his hand over his mouth and breathed out, quickly sniffing the air. He scrunched his nose at the smell. “I guess you’re right. It is that bad.”

******

Himchan made his way out to the living area. He smiled at the sight before him. Junhong was sitting in his highchair fussing so that he could get out. Youngjae was helping Daehyun set the table with the plates, cups and silverware. He peeked into the kitchen to see Jongup standing on a chair next to Yongguk, who was finishing up the last side dish.

“You two be careful with the plates.” Yongguk said to the two older boys from the kitchen.

“Okay appa.” Said Daehyun.

Yongguk and Jongup walked out of the kitchen to see Himchan taking their youngest out of his highchair. “Breakfast is ready. Sit.” He said as he placed the last side dish on the table.

“Wow, did you guys make this all for me?” Himchan said as Yongguk took Junhong from his arms. He moved to sit in one of the seats that did not have a booster seat attached to it.

“Appa not let us cook. We help.” Said Youngjae in his seat next to Himchan.

“I did all the cooking and prepping. They just got things out of the refrigerator whenever I needed it.” Yongguk said as he and Junhong sat in the seat across from Himchan. “They just watched as I cooked the food, with occasional picking at the food.” He looked over to Daehyun, who in turn just smiled innocently.

Himchan grabbed his spoon to taste the soup that was in front of him. He brought it up to his lips. “The seaweed soup is better than I remember it.” He smiled at Yongguk. “Your skills have improved.” He teased.

“I’m glad you like it. Breakfast isn’t the only thing we have for you.”

Himchan looked up from his food. “Oh?”

“I’m not going to allow you to lift a finger today.” Yongguk said as he bounced Junhong on his knee. “You are going to do nothing around the house. No cleaning, no cooking and no taking care of the kids.”

“I’m lifting my finger up now.” Himchan stuck out his pinky finger.

“Himchan I’m serious. It’s Saturday and I want you to rest. With me being at the studio a lot the last couple of months, you have been doing all the work around here. So I don’t want you to worry about anything. I’m not going to work today so I will be your servant all day.” Yongguk told Himchan, who grinned at the sound of Yongguk being his servant. “Oh and one more thing. I spoke with umeonim and she said that she’ll be more than happy to let the kids sleepover tonight.”

“We’re sleeping at halmeoni’s! Yay!” Daehyun shouted. Youngjae and Jongup followed.

“Why are they sleeping over my umma’s?” Himchan asked.

“Because I have something special for you tonight.” Yongguk flashed his signature lopsided grin at the younger.

Himchan raised an eyebrow at this. “What is it?”

“It’s a surprise. You’ll have to wait til tonight to find out.”

******

“Yongguk tell me.” Himchan pleaded.

“Nope.” Yongguk walked passed Himchan.

“Gukkie tell me.” Himchan whined. He cut in front of Yongguk, stopping him from going any farther. He pouted and looked back at Yongguk with the best puppy eyes he could muster. “Please.”

Yongguk looked back at him with a straight face. “No.” He said as he side stepped Himchan.

Himchan quickly wrapped his arms around his husband's narrow waist. “Bbang~” He cooed softly into his ear. Yongguk shivered as he felt his husband nibble his earlobe. Himchan's hands happily found their way underneath Yongguk's shirt. Yongguk let out a low moan as Himchan nipped down his neck.

“Tell me.” Himchan whispered softly into Yongguk's ear.

Yongguk turned to face Himchan only to capture his lips in an open mouth kiss. One of his arms wrapped around Himchan's waist, pressing him closer. His free hand found his way into his husband's chocolate brown locks, deepening the kiss.

The lack of air caused Yongguk to pull away. He rested his forehead against Himchan's as a smirk appeared on his face. “Nice try Channie.” He gave his husband a quick peck. “But that's not going to work.”

As if nothing had happened, he pulled away from Himchan's grasp and returned to his task.

Himchan stood in place, dumbfounded as to what had just happened. He was sure that he had Yongguk where he'd wanted him. If he was only able to stay in charge, he could have coaxed the surprise out of him.

“I hate you.” Himchan fell to the ground in defeat.

“No you don't.” Yongguk picked up one of the many toys on the floor. He walked past Himchan as he continued to pick up toys from the floor.

“Yes I do.” Himchan crossed his arms and pouted. “I really hate you right now.”

“You'll get over it.” He picked up a plushie from the floor and tossed it at Himchan's head. “And stop saying that you hate me. What if the kids hear you?”

“They're asleep.”

“You know very well that when it comes to nap time they're pretty unpredictable. They can wake up at any time and walk in on you saying that you hate me.”

Himchan huffed. “But you won't tell me what my present is! I want to know!” Himchan threw himself back on the floor, kicking his legs.

“You'll have to be a good little boy and wait.” Yongguk said as if he were talking to one of their sons.

Himchan glared at him. “Stop treating me like a child.”

“Stop acting like one.”

Himchan opened his mouth to whine more but was interrupted when one of the bedroom doors opened. Their second oldest Youngjae shuffled out as he tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes. Himchan sat back up as the toddler shuffled his way to him.

“Aw, my Youngie's awake.” Himchan extended his arms for Youngjae. He pulled his son into his lap allowing the toddler to rest his head on his chest. “Did you rest well Youngie?”

The toddler nodded. He watched as Yongguk continued to put the toys. “Not that one.” Youngjae said when Yongguk picked up his favorite Pororo plushie. He extended his hand in the direction of the plushie. Yongguk handed his son the plushie, who immediately hugged it.

“Youngie, your appa doesn’t want to tell me what my birthday present is.” Himchan pouted as he told his son.

Youngjae looked up at him, confused. “Why?”

“Because it’s a surprise.” Yongguk said as he bent down to Himchan’s and Youngjae’s level.

“But I want to know what it is.” Himchan whined.

“But appa said it was a surprise so you can’t know.” Himchan not surprised at his son’s response. Youngjae always caught on fast. He smiled at the expression on Youngjae’s face.

“Listen to your son Channie.” Yongguk smiled at his husband. He grabbed Youngjae out of Himchan’s lap. “Come on kiddo. I think it’s about time to get the snacks ready.”

Yongguk carried his son towards the kitchen. He turned back around to Himchan who was still sitting on the floor. “Oh Channie, mind waking up the other three? If they sleep any longer umeonim is going to have a hard time getting them to sleep tonight.”

“I was just about to wake them.” Himchan stood from where his was standing. He placed his hands on his hips. “Don’t think that I’m going to stop pestering you for my present. You know very well that I don’t give up that easily.”

Yongguk laughed. “Yeah, I know.”

******

“So much for not doing any work today.” Himchan sighed as he reached the door to his and Yongguk's apartment. Despite being told that he wasn't going to be allowed to do anything for the day, Yongguk had asked him if he could take their sons over to his mother's house. Himchan obliged, knowing that his mother wanted nothing more than to see her son on his birthday. Himchan was happy to see his parents for a bit and to eat some of his mother's seaweed soup.

Even though he enjoyed seeing his parents, he wanted to rush back home to see just what Yongguk had planned. The entire day Yongguk wouldn't tell Himchan anything about what he had planned. He wouldn't even drop any type of hint as to what it could be. The only thing he would tell Himchan was the he'd have to wait until later tonight when the kids were at his mother's. It had to be good if Yongguk wanted an entire night alone with Himchan.

“I'm back.” Himchan announced when he stepped inside the dark apartment.

The light in the living room flickered on. Himchan kicked off his shoes then walked into the apartment. Himchan gasped when he took sight of what was waiting for him. A small table draped in white lining and two chairs were in the middle of the living room. Candles, flowers, plates, wine glasses and a bottle of wine sat on top of the table. What really caught Himchan's attention was his husband standing next to the table in one of his best tuxedos he owned. He had one arm folded in front of him with a white cloth draped over it and the other still at his side. The entire look was capped off with white gloves and a big gummy smile on his face.

Yongguk bowed. “Welcome back Master Himchan.”

“Wha-what's going on?” Himchan asked as he scanned the entire room.

“It's your birthday dinner.” Yongguk motioned to the table.

“Why are you dressed like that? And why are you calling me Master? You only call me that in bed.” Himchan asked.

Yongguk cleared his throat. “My apologies. I did not introduce myself.” He brought his hands to his stomach, placing one over the other and bowed. “I am your butler for the night. Butler Bang at your service.”

“Butler...Bang?” Himchan raised an eyebrow.

Yongguk pulled out the chair from the table. “Please Master Himchan, sit.”

Himchan stared at his husband, eyebrow raised and mouth slightly agape. It took his brain a bit to register what was going on. “But I look horrible. Let me go freshen up a bit.”

Yongguk grabbed his hands. “You could never look horrible.”

“But-”

Yongguk shook his head. “You’re perfect. Now please sit. Your dinner is waiting.” Yongguk lead his husband to the table; sitting him in the chair he had pulled out. He moved over to the wine bottle and tried to pour the wine in the wine glass without spilling any. He sat the bottle back down in the holder and then bowed before disappearing into the kitchen. He returned with a plate of food. He grabbed the cloth napkin that was nicely folded on top of Himchan’s plate and unfolded it before placing it on Himchan’s lap.

“For your first course, Romaine salad with a light balsamic vinaigrette.” Yongguk said as he placed the salad in front of Himchan. He was about to walk away when Himchan grabbed his hand.

“Are you going to join me? I want to eat with my husband.” Himchan looked up at Yongguk, who smiled down at him.

“Don’t worry. I’ll join you for dinner.” Yongguk disappeared once again into the kitchen and returned with his own plate. He sat down at the other side of the table. “Let’s eat.”

The rest of the meal involved Yongguk serving Himchan food that he had prepared for him. Halfway through their last glass of wine Yongguk remembered something. He got up from the table before Himchan could say anything, disappearing into the hallway. He returned with his hands behind his back and a smile on his face.

“Now for your surprise.” He said.

“This wasn't my surprise?” Himchan asked.

“Well, technically it is part of your surprise but I have something more.” He brought his hands out from behind him, revealing a long light robin egg blue jewelry box.

Himchan gasped, knowing exactly where the jewelry was from. He took the box from Yongguk's hands and opened it, revealing a silver pendant with black spiked accents attached to a long silver chain. Himchan knew that pendant very well. He had been secretly pining for the pendant for months. “The Tiffany's Paloma Caliper pendant! How'd you know?”

“I have my ways.” Yongguk said before kissing his husband. “Now time for the next part of your surprise.”

“There's more?” Himchan asked as Yongguk pulled him to his feet.

Yongguk nodded. “You have your choice between a relaxing bath or a relaxing massage. Then I'm going to make love to you all night long.” Yongguk smirked. His eyes suddenly widen. “Oh wait. I almost forgot something.”

Himchan watched him as he hurried to the kitchen to grab a bag. He couldn't help to laugh when Yongguk started to throw rose petals on the floor in their hallway. “Really Yongguk?”

“What?” Yongguk said, not stopping his task to cover the hallway with petals. “I need to make this romantic.”

Himchan tried to cover his laughter with his mouth. “Oh my god. You're such a dork.”  

 

 


Okay so quick backstory about this chapter.  I started writing this chapter about two years ago.  It was initially supposed to be the first chapter of this series.  (Yes I was planning on starting this series two years ago.)  But I didn't finish it because I didn't like the way it was turning out.  But yay, I did finish it before Channie's birthday this year!  I do hope that you guys liked it.  (And I'm completely aware that I didn't write anything for Yongguk's birthday.  I couldn't think of anything.  Maybe next year.)

Also, the reason why I did not mention Himchan's age is mainly because I don't know exactly how old he is.  I haven't quite figured out Yongguk's and Himchan's ages yet.  I still have to decide what age they were when they got married and when they decided to adopt and how old they were when Daehyun was born.  All that is needs to be decided and it will be.  I do plan on writing those drabbles in the future when I figure out the ages.

Please upvote, comment and subscribe~

And don't be shy on sending me your prompts for future drabbles.  I got some good prompts from you guys.  I really hope I can write them and do them justice.

Til next time lovelies~