BangHim on Ice

Life As We Know It

Yongguk 20
Himchan 20

 

BangHim on Ice

Yongguk sat on the bench, watching people skate around in the outdoor ice rink. Men, women and children of different sizes were laughing and enjoying skating around on the ice. Despite the weather being cold today, a drop of sweat ran down the side of Yongguk's face. His hands began to sweat inside of the gloves he was wearing. He didn't know why he had agreed on coming here today when he didn't even know how to ice skate. But he had and now there was no way of going back on it. He was here and he wasn't going to back down.

“Here you go.” A deep raspy voice said next to him.

Yongguk looked up to see the reason why he was here: Kim Himchan. It was their fourth date and it was Himchan's turn to plan it. Yongguk liked Himchan a lot and didn't want to disappoint him by saying that he didn't know how to skate. So Yongguk played along and agreed to the ice skating date that Himchan came up with.

Yongguk grabbed the pair of skates that Himchan held out to him. “Thanks.”

Yongguk took off his shoes and put on the ice skates that Himchan had rented. He looked over at Himchan to see just how he was lacing the shoes, being that he had no clue if there was a proper way to do it or not. He tried to mimic Himchan but ended up tangling the laces together. Himchan saw this and laughed.

“You're all tangled. Do you need help?” Himchan asked.

Yongguk shook his head, determined to lace his skates up himself. “I got it.” He cursed when he couldn't get the knot undone.

He didn't notice that Himchan had gotten up from where he was sitting and knelt in front of him until Himchan's hands were reaching for the laces. Yongguk removed his hands and watched as Himchan undid the knot and properly laced up both of his skates.

Himchan looked up at him and smiled. “There. All done.”

Yongguk scratched the back of his neck and smiled sheepishly. “Thanks.”

Himchan got up from where he was kneeling and grabbed both of their shoes and placed them in a locker so that they wouldn't get stolen as they skated. With Himchan's back to him, Yongguk got up from the bench slowly, almost falling at the lack of balance he had on this two thin blades. He placed his hands out to his sides trying to balance himself.

“Ready?” Himchan asked when he turned back around.

Yongguk's head quickly shot up. “Huh? Uh, yeah. I'm ready.”

He cautiously took a step forward and was relieved when he was able to walk without a problem on the ground. He stopped right at the rinks' wall and grabbed the railing. He watched as Himchan grabbed the railing to balance himself as he took off the blade guard at the bottom of the skates.

“You good?” Himchan asked as he stepped out onto the ice, effortlessly gliding on the frozen water.

“Yeah.” Yongguk lied. He inhaled a good amount of air and quickly exhaled. “I can do this.” He murmured to himself. “I can totally do this.” He balanced himself on the railing and took off the blade guards of his own skates.

“I can do this.” He said to himself at the edge of the ice.

Yongguk swallowed as he cautiously stepped out onto the ice. The most “manly” yelp escaped Yongguk's lips as he started to lose his balance. He quickly grabbed onto the railing for dear life. Himchan rushed over to him and helped him up. Yongguk blushed, embarrassed that he had almost fallen his first time out on the ice and what was worse is that Himchan was trying his hardest not to laugh.

“You okay?” Himchan asked, biting his bottom lip to stop himself from laughing at how cute Yongguk looked being helpless on the ice.

“Yeah... Stop laughing Himchan!” Yongguk whined.

“I'm sorry!” Himchan slightly chuckled. “I couldn't help it. You're just so cute right now. Do you even know how to skate?”

“No.” Yongguk said, looking down at the ice, blushing.

“Okay.” Himchan turned around and looked over his shoulder. “Grab on to my hips and don't let go.” He said.

“Huh?” Yongguk's eyes widened.

“Hold on to my hips and I'll guide you.” Himchan said.

“Why not just hold your shoulders?” Yongguk asked. It wasn't like Yongguk was an innocent lamb that had never dared to touch other people, he just wasn't someone who was used to PDA. If you can call that PDA.

Himchan rolled his eyes, reaching back and grabbing Yongguk's wrist so that he could place Yongguk's hands on his hips. Himchan turned his head so that he was now looking forward and so that Yongguk wouldn't see the blush and smirk on his face.

Yongguk tightly gripped Himchan's hips as Himchan started to guide them around the ring. Yongguk tried not to focus on the fact that his hands where on Himchan's hips and that there might have been people looking at them. He tried to focus on the fact that he was staying upright and wasn't falling on the hard ice.

Himchan bit his bottom lip when he felt Yongguk tighten his grip. His plan of getting some PDA from Yongguk was working. He had wanted to have some skinship with Yongguk since he started to have feelings for the other boy back when they were working on the music project for the school festival all those months before. He learned while working with him, that Yongguk was shy and rarely showed skinship at all. Himchan thought that maybe once they had started dating that it would change and it did for the most part; they held hands, linked arms, hugged and kissed a few times. But being the affectionate person that he was, Himchan wanted more.

Himchan had decided that ice skating was a perfect way to get some skinship from Yongguk. He was planning on pretending to not know how to skate so that he would have to spend the entire time holding onto Yongguk. But when Himchan saw that Yongguk was having a hard time tying his skates, his plans had changed.

“Himchan slow down!” Yongguk said as Himchan picked up his speed. Without thinking, he wrapped his arms around Himchan's waist, fearing that he was going to lose his balance and fall.

Himchan's heart started to beat out of his chest at the sudden feeling of Yongguk's body pressed against his. He clasped his hands over Yongguk's and turned his head slightly.

“Don't worry. I won't let you fall.” Himchan said.

Himchan let them slow down before coming to a halt in the middle of rink, away from where everyone else was making laps. He removed Yongguk's arms from his waist and skated a little bit farther away from him before turning around.

“Himchan, where are you going?” Yongguk started to panic when Himchan skated away from him. He waved his arms around as he started to lose his balance.

Himchan skated back to Yongguk and grabbed his hands. “Hey. Calm down.” He giggled at how cute Yongguk looked.

He grabbed Yongguk as he started to slip on the ice. “Okay, look at me. Don't look down at the ice.”

Yongguk looked back at Himchan and nodded. He grabbed onto Himchan's biceps tightly, causing Himchan to move his hands to grip his forearms. Himchan slowly started to skate backwards, allowing Yongguk to gently glide on the ice.

Yongguk could see the mischievous look on Himchan's face and squeezed his biceps. “Don't even think of letting go of me, Himchan.”

Himchan snickered. “Don't worry. I wouldn't even dare to. I've got you.” He said lightly pulled Yongguk towards him so that he could place a kiss on his cheek. Yongguk blushed at the kiss before smiling back at him.

 


So if you follow me on tumblr then you already know this.  I've been obsessed with the anime Yuri on Ice since it started.  I quickly fell deep into the fandom so it was only a matter of time that I decided to write an ice skating BangHim fic.  

I hoped you guys like this.  I did get a comment from the last drabble, saying that they would like to see more drabble of Yongguk and Himchan before they had the kids.  I have been wanting to write more of their relationship before the kids.  Now is this something that you would like to see more?  If so, sould you like to see it in this drabble series or should this series be strictly left to them with the kids?  Should I start a separate series?  Tell me what you guys think.

Please subscribe and upvote if you haven't and leave me your lovely comments.

Til next time lovelies~