Scoot Scoot

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 2 years old
Youngjae 1 years old
Jongup 9 months

Scoot Scoot

“Bang Daehyun, what have I told you about jumping on the couch?” Himchan said as he entered the living room with Jongup in his arms only to find his eldest son jumping on the very same couch he had been told time and time again that he was not supposed to jump on. Youngjae stood on the side of the couch looking on as his older brother jumped. Himchan could tell the Youngjae wanted to join his brother. “Get down from there this instant!”

“No!” Daehyun said as he continued to jump around the couch.

Himchan sat Jongup down on the floor in front of some toys that Youngjae and Daehyun had been playing with. Himchan went over to Daehyun to grab him off of the couch but the toddler landed on his and scooted off of the couch, running away before his Daddy could get him. Daehyun laughed as he ran from Himchan only to be caught by his Daddy a few seconds later. He whined as he tried to get out of Himchan’s hold.

“Got you.” Himchan said as he walked to the other side of the living room so that he could sit Daehyun down in the time out chair.

“Daddy look!”

Himchan’s attention turned to his middle child. Youngjae pointed to Jongup who was no longer in the spot that Himchan had left him. Jongup sat on his ; he extended his legs out only to pull the rest of his body forward, scooting across the floor. He mumbled in his baby talk as he scooted, inching closer to where he wanted to go. He extended out his hand and reach for the toy phone that he liked to chew on.

“Oh my God!” Himchan put Daehyun down, letting the toddler run to a safe distance away from his punishment. “Jonguppie you’re scooting!”

Himchan took the toy phone from Jongup and placed it far enough out of Jongup’s reach. The baby rocked his back and forth, as if he were trying to get momentum. He huffed in frustration that the toy was taken from him. He extended out his legs and pulled himself forward, dragging his .

“Well I guess you’re going to scoot instead of crawling.” Himchan said as he watched Jongup make his way to the toy phone. He took out his phone and the camera. He crouched down as he started to record a video. “Jongup~”

The baby turned his head to look at Himchan. He let out a cry when the toy was taken from him again. He scooted towards Himchan, trying to reach for the toy phone in his Daddy’s hands. His attention was interrupted when Youngjae started to play with one of the noisy toys that their uncle Yongnam gave them. Jongup reached out to Youngjae. He tried to turn his little body in Youngjae’s direction and cried in frustration when he couldn’t. Himchan reached out to turn Jongup to Youngjae’s direction. Himchan continued to record as the baby made his way to Youngjae.

Himchan stopped his recording and sent the video to his husband without any message. Himchan watched as Jongup took the toy from Youngjae’s hand and placed it in his mouth.

“Hey!” Youngjae said before taking the toy from Jongup’s mouth causing that baby to cry.

“Youngjae!” Himchan said.

Youngjae lowered his head. He gave the toy back to Jongup so that the baby would stop crying. “Sowwy.”

Himchan’s attention was turned back to his phone when it started to ring. “Did you see it?” He asked when he answered the call.

I did!” Yongguk said from the other end. “I can’t believe it!”

“I know! He’s so cute when he scoots around.” Himchan smiled as he watched Jongup play with this toy as he kicked his little legs around.

I wish I was there to see it but I’m still stuck at the studio.”

“I wish you were here too. I don’t know what has gotten into the boys today. They’ve all been extra hyper today. I caught Daehyun jumping on the couch again and I think Youngjae was about to join him if I wasn’t there to stop them.” Himchan watched as Daehyun ran into the kitchen not wanting to get punished from his Daddy.

Yongguk laughed. “Sounds like you’re having fun. I’m hoping that this recording session doesn’t take too long. Zico is fairly good at getting it done in one shot.”

“He might be good at it but you’re a different story. You’re likely to stumble over your lines and mess up a few times.” Himchan teased.

Have more faith in me Channie.”

“You’ll do fine, like usual. It’s like riding a bike for you.” Himchan walked into the kitchen to catch Daehyun trying to get into the cookies. “I need to hang up now. There’s a food monster trying to steal some cookies.”

“Go easy on the food monster okay? I’ll see you when I get home. Love you.” Yongguk ended the call.

“So you didn’t tell Himchan hyung that Jonguppie was scooting around yesterday while he was at work?” Zico asked as he leaned back on the chair at the other end of the studio.

“No. I didn’t want to spoil it for him. I was first to see Daehyun and Youngjae crawl and walk. You should have seen the sad look on his face every time I told him.” Yongguk said as he watched the video again. “I wanted to give him this one. I can’t stand seeing Himchan sad.”

“That’s very nice of you hyung.” Zico said.

Yongguk nodded. “You know what they say, happy wife happy life.”

“I’m totally telling Himchan hyung that you called him your wife. He’s bound to kill you for that one.” Zico laughed.

Yongguk’s eyes widened. “Woo Jiho! Don’t you dare tell him! I’m too young to die!”

 


This was inspired by my cousin's son.  The scooting monster lol.

This is unbeta'd so I'll update it later with the beta'd version.

The next few drabbles will be the ones that were requested a while back.  Sorry it's taking me a while to get to those.  But if there's anything you want to see as a future drabble don't be shy to tell me.  I'll try my best to write it.

Happy Birthday Moon angel!

Subscribe, comment and upvote!

Til next time lovelies~