Studio Surprise

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 4
Youngjae 4
Jongup 3
Junhong 16 months

Studio Surprise

“Okay let's try it again from the top.” Yongguk said into the mic on the soundboard before releasing the button that allowed his voice to carry to the headphones that rested on the idol's ears. He waited for the nod from the idol from behind the glass window of the recording booth. He pressed the play button.

The song started to play throughout the studio and in the idol's headphone. The idol waited for the three beat queue, signaling him to start singing at the end of the third beat. However, the idol missed his beat and came in one beat late, throwing the song off.

Yongguk frowned and stopped the music. “This is the fourth time you've missed your beat. What's up with you today, Sunwoo?” He said into the mic.

“Sorry hyung! I don't know what's with me today. I won't miss it next time.” The boy said, hoping that he wouldn't get scolded because of his mistakes.

“I'm going to start the song a beat before your queue.” Yongguk said.

Sunwoo nodded. The boy took a deep breath and quickly released it. He readied himself and nodded along to the queue beats. Yongguk smiled when Sunwoo came in on time only to groan when the boy sang off key. He immediately stopped the music.

“Go take a five minute break and collect yourself. There's no way we can continue recording if you're going to sing like this. When you come back here, you better be ready to sing like I know you can.” Yongguk said.

“Ne, hyung.” Sunwoo said softly before walking out of the recording studio. He didn't dare to make eye contact out of fear.

Yongguk leaned back on his chair and groaned. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. His head was pounding. He wanted nothing more than to be at home surrounded by his sons and in the arms of his husband. Unfortunately, he was stuck in the studio for as long as it would take for the idol group's new song to be recorded. The other members had already recorded their parts the day before but Sunwoo couldn't make it to the recording due to a scheduling conflict. Today was the only day the idol had time.

He didn't bother opening his eyes when he heard the studio door open.

“What did you do to Sunwoo? He looked like he was about to cry.”

Yongguk immediately knew who the voice belonged to.

“I just told him when he gets back in here, he better sing like the idol that he is.” Yongguk opened his eyes when he heard the other man click his tongue. “You would have told him the same thing, Sungwon hyung. He kept missing his queue which meant he was always a beat behind and when he was on beat, he was singing off key. Don't tell me that you wouldn't have said the same thing to him.”

Sungwon sat down in the empty seat next to Yongguk. “No. I would have been much more mean to him.”

Yongguk stood up and stretched. He had been sitting down for some time now and his limbs begged to be stretched. He rolled his shoulders back and moved his head side to side. He needed to get out of the studio. It had been stuffy for some time now. He needed to go out and get some fresh air and maybe a cigarette. He had quit before Daehyun was born but there were times when he just needed the taste of it to relax.

“I think I need some fresh air.” He said as he started to make his way to the door.

Sungwon quickly got up from his chair and stopped Yongguk from getting any closer to the door. “Uh...why? The air is fresh in here.”

Yongguk raised an eyebrow. “What are you talking about? It's stuffy as hell in here.”

“N-no it's not. The air is perfectly fine.” Sungwon stuttered.

Yongguk could tell that his hyung was acting strange. Sungwon wouldn't stop him from going outside unless there was something going on.

“What's gotten into you?” Yongguk asked.

“Me? Nothing.” Sungwon said, trying not to sound anymore suspicious than he was.

“Hyung.”

The door to the studio opened to singing. Yongguk looked over Sungwon to see Himchan with a cake in his hands. A single candle was sticking out from the top of the cake. Himchan leaned on the door, allowing their sons to walk in. Youngjae walked in holding Jongup's hand while Daehyun held Junhong's. The boys tried to sing along with Himchan but ended up mumbling the words. After the song was over Himchan smiled at his husband.

“Surprise! Happy Birthday Gukkie.”

“Happy Birthday Appa!” Their sons yelled.

“Happy Birthday dude.” Sungwon patted Yongguk on the shoulder.

“Thanks hyung, for keeping him in here.” Himchan said as Sungwon walked by him.

“No problem.” Sungwon said as he left the studio.

Himchan turned back to his husband and frowned at the confused look on his face. “Don't tell me that you forgot it was your birthday again?”

Yongguk closed his eyes and sighed. “I completely forgot it was my birthday. Again. Yongnam didn't even call me either. What kind of twin is that?” He opened his eyes when he felt a tug on his legs.

He looked down to see Junhong looking up at him with his arms in the air. “Appa up.” He crouched down to pick up the maknae.

“Why am I not surprised?” Himchan chuckled. He walked over to the small table in the corner of the studio and placed the cake on top of it. “And I'm glad you forgot otherwise you would have scowled Sunwoo for no reason.”

“How do you know about that?” Yongguk asked his husband.

“I might have told Sunwoo to make the recording session longer than it should be. I needed time to pick up the boys from daycare and get the cake for the surprise.”

“Were you surprised Appa? Were you surprised?” Youngjae asked, bouncing on the balls of this feet.

“I sure was, kiddo.” Yongguk ruffled his son's hair.

“Now what do you say we have cake before taking Appa out for his birthday?” Himchan asked his sons, who cheered at the sound of cake.

“Wait. I need to finish the song first before I can leave.” Yongguk said.

Himchan turned to his husband and smiled. “Don't worry about that. Sungwon hyung said that he was more than happy to finish the recording today. So you're all mine for the rest of the day.”

Yongguk slipped his arm around Himchan's waist and brought him close. “Thank you.” He said before connecting their lips only to have little hands push them apart.

“No.” Junhong said, his little eyebrows furrowed and a deep frown was on his face. He turned to his Appa and hugged him tightly. “My Appa.”

 


Leave it to Yongguk to forget his birthday.  He seriously would, wouldn't he?  I hope you guys enjoyed this.

Up next is Himchan's birthday drabble (which I have to start writing).

Also!  I feel really bad about not writing the drabbles that I've gotten requests on.  I'm really really sorry about that.  I'm so backed up on the requests and I feel the reason why I haven't gotten anymore requests is because I haven't written the ones I already have.  I plan on working on all of those.  However there maybe one or two of the requests that I plan on making into spinoff one shots.  Again I'm really really sorry.  I haven't forgotten your requests.  I wrote them all down.  I'll get to them eventually.  Please forgive me.  :(

Please subscribe and upvote if you haven't.  And leave me your lovely comments.

Til next time lovelies~

Happy Birthday Yongguk & Yongnam!