Year Two

Life As We Know It

Yongguk 26
Himchan 26

Year Two

Himchan sipped on his Iced Americano as he sat in the makeup chair, lights illuminating his face while people worked around him. His eyes were closed as the makeup artist swept some black eye shadow along the upper lash line to smudge out the black gel eyeliner. Another pair of hands worked on his blond hair, styling it the way she was instructed to by the photographer of the shoot.

Himchan opened his eyes when he felt his phone vibrate in his hands. He checked to see who it was from and smiled when it he read the text from his husband, Yongguk.

“Will your hubby be joining us today?” The hairstylist asked as she grabbed the can of hairspray from the counter.

“Yeah,” Himchan said as he answered the text. “He said that he had a few more things to do in the studio then he would come by and hang out until the shoot was over.”

“Isn't it your wedding anniversary today?” The makeup artist asked as she gestured to Himchan to look up as was going to apply some eyeliner on his lower lash line and water line.

Himchan hummed. “It is, but Yongguk and I are trying to save up as much as we can for the adoption. So that means taking as many shoots as I can whenever I'm on break from school. Like now.” He said as he tried to stay as still as could so that the makeup artist wouldn't poke him in the eye.

“But it's your wedding anniversary, Himchan. You and Yongguk should be doing something. Trust me, you won't have the time when you have a baby to do it. Take advantage of it now, while you can.” The makeup artist said. She stepped back and looked at Himchan, checking to see if everything was evenly applied and perfect for what was required for the shoot. She nodded when she was satisfied with the result.

“We are. That's why Yongguk is coming here. He's planning on taking me somewhere but he won't tell me where.” Himchan checked himself out in the mirror.

“How's it going in here?” The photographer of the shoot came into styling area.

“He's all done.” The hairstylist said as she sprayed a tiny bit more hair spray on Himchan's hair. “He just needs wardrobe now.”

Himchan got out of the makeup chair and stretched. He knew this was only the start of a very long day.

 

Yongguk checked his phone again, making sure that this was the correct studio that Himchan was in. He didn't want to have the same thing happen to him like the last time he visited Himchan at a shoot, when he accidentally walked into the wrong studio and into a lingerie shoot. He didn't know who was more embarrassed, him or the models. He stopped in front of the studio number that Himchan had given him and gently opened the door so that he could slip in without disrupting the shoot.

The moment he slipped into the studio, he spotted Himchan standing next to a female model, his hands were stuffed into his jean pocket, his thumbs sticking out over the front pocket. He tilted his head slightly, sticking his chin out at just the right angle that made his neck look a bit longer than it really was. The female model had her arm wrapped around Himchan's shoulder while she pressed herself against his side. She looked at the camera; her eyes telling the camera that Himchan was hers and no one could have him.

If Yongguk was a jealous man, he would definitely be angry at the scene he had walked into.

If he was a jealous man.

Yongguk knew he had nothing to worry about when it came to Himchan's love for him. He knew that Himchan would never cheat on him. Over the years, Himchan had a few chances to cheat on Yongguk but never hesitated to turn down the offers because that was not the type of person he was. Yongguk knew that.

He also wasn't worried because unlike himself, who was biual, Himchan was gay. His husband had no attraction whatsoever to women. Yongguk had nothing to worry about.

Himchan looked over when the photographer went to grab another camera. He smiled and waved at Yongguk, who in return did the same thing. The female model looked over then turned back at Himchan asking him something. She gasped and covered when Himchan responded to her. She turned bright red and turned in Yongguk's direction, bowing at him most likely because she was just all over his husband. This caused Himchan to laugh as well as Yongguk.

He motioned to Himchan that he would be at the back of the studio. He grabbed a bottle of water that was sitting in a cooler filled with drinks. He sat down on the chair that just so happened to be the makeup chair Himchan was sitting in before. He looked over at the table that was littered with makeup products and noticed a stainless steel and black wedding band that matched the one he had on his own ring finger.

He looked over to where Himchan was at to see his husband back in his full model mode. Yongguk looked around to see if anyone was looking over at him. When he noticed that no one was looking in his direction, he snatched the wedding ring and put it in his jeans pocket.

He was going to have a little fun with his husband. If he was going to leave his wedding band anywhere, then Yongguk would teach him a lesson.

 

“Himchan, what are you doing?” The makeup artist asked when she saw the model underneath the table that held the makeup products. The same table that Himchan could have swore he had placed his wedding ring on.

“Is Yongguk around?” Himchan asked without looking up at her. He was on his hands and knees searching every inch of the floor.

“No. He's still outside having a smoke.” She crouched down to his level. “Seriously. What are you doing?”

Himchan snapped his head up to look at the makeup artist, his eyes wide with fear and panic. “My wedding ring...I can't find it!”

It was the makeup artist's turn to have her eyes widen. She placed a hand over and gasped. “Oh no! Where did you leave it last?”

“I lost my wedding ring on my wedding anniversary! This is really bad! Horrible! This is bad luck isn't it?! We're going to end up getting a divorce because of this aren't we?!” Himchan was on the verge of tears, his eyes watered but none of the tears actually dared to roll down his face.

She grabbed Himchan's shoulders causing the model to look at her. “Listen to me. You are not going to get a divorce! We're going to find your wedding ring!”

“We can't tell Yongguk. We have to find it before he gets back.” Himchan told her.

“Can't tell me what?”

Yongguk's deep voice startled Himchan causing the model to hit his head hard on the underside of the table. Yongguk had to fight the smirk that wanted to spread across his face when Himchan peeked his head out from under the table. Despite still having his smokey makeup on, his husband looked like an adorable, yet terrified lamb.

“Yongguk...” Himchan said before getting out from underneath the table; the makeup artist doing the same. He stood up, dusting himself off. “Your anniversary present! I told her what it was so obviously I didn't want her to tell you 'cause then it would ruin the surprise.” He said before smiling at his husband. The makeup artist quietly walked away from the couple, not wanting to be apart of whatever was going to happen.

“Ah, okay. If that's the case then we better hurry off to your anniversary surprise.” Yongguk offered Himchan his arm. “Ready?”

“Um...about that...” Himchan fidgeted with his hands. “I...uh, need a minute...I need to look for something.”

“Oh? What are we looking for?” Yongguk asked, knowing fully well what Himchan was looking for.

Himchan bit the bottom of his lip as he tried to come up with something to tell Yongguk. He closed his eyes and lowered his head.

“I lost my wedding ring and I can't find it anywhere please don't divorce me for losing my ring on our anniversary!” Himchan blurted out loud in a speed that impressed Yongguk.

Himchan was hiding his rap skills from him.

“You mean this ring?” Yongguk pulled out the wedding ring from his pocket and twirled it around his index finger.

“My ring!” Himchan snatched the ring from Yongguk's finger and slid it where it belonged on his ring finger. “Where did you find it?”

“On that table out in the open where anyone can see it and take it.”

Himchan looked up from his ring. “But I checked the table. It wasn't there.”

“Yeah I know. I took it.” Yongguk said in a matter-of-fact tone. “What if someone else would have taken it? You can't just leave it anywhere.”

“I don't know whether I should thank you for taking it so that no one else could or be furious that you didn't tell me that you had it. But it was my mistake for leaving out in the open like that.” Himchan huffed.

Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan's waist and pulled his husband closer to him. “It's a good thing I saw it before anyone else did. But it's okay. I'm not mad at you and no, I won't divorce you because of it.”

“You'd better not divorce me at all, Bang Yongguk.” Himchan furrowed his eyebrows and scowled. “Or else!”

Yongguk kissed the scowl and chuckled. “I've been on your end of the “or else” side before. There's no way I'm going to be on that side ever again. You're stuck with me, Kim Himchan. I'm not going anywhere.”

Yongguk unwrapped himself from his husband. He grabbed Himchan's hand, intertwining their fingers together. “You ready to go now?”

“Let me just grab the rest of my things.” Himchan walked over to the back of the studio. He stopped in front of a rack of clothing and scratched his head. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked around.

“What's wrong?” Yongguk asked as he walked next to him.

“I don't remember where I left my bag.” Himchan whispered.

 


I was trying to get this posted while it was still Valentine's Day in Korea but I missed the cut. Oh well. At least it's still Valentine's Day here where I am. Hope you guys had a good V-Day. Mine has been the same like every other year, waiting to get home to my date with ice cream. Okay maybe that's everyday.

Anyways here's their 2nd wedding anniversary that I said I would write before the fic anniversary in July. I feel like some of you might have questions about some of the things that I mentioned in this drabble.  (Yongguk's actual uality?)   They may or may not be explained further in future drabbles.

Yongguk's and Himchan's past together is still very much a mystery for you guys, I know. But that's what's going to be fun about me writing their backstory. Everything is going to start fitting together like puzzle pieces.

The main thing I want to point out in this drabble is that Himchan doesn't normally have blond hair being that he is teaching. He's blond right now cause he's on summer break from school so he's able to bleach it for the shoot.

Oh! And their wedding rings! This is what their rings look like. Both my beta and I agreed that we can see them with this ring. And I've also figured out what their couple rings would looked like when they were dating. (because yes, of course they had couple rings). This is what they looked like. They wear their couple rings on their index finger. (some times they like to pull their couple rings out to wear them after they get married)

AND LAST THING! Thank you to all of you that have left me prompts for Yongguk's and Himchan's backstory. They're all really good and now I'm gonna have a hard time to figure out which one I want to write. 

Okay I'm done.

Please subscribe and upvote if you haven't. And leave me your lovely comments!

Til next time lovelies~