Junhong Smash

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 4 years old
Youngjae 3 years old
Jongup 2 years old
Junhong 1 years old

Junhong Smash

“Look who’s awake.”  Himchan said as he emerged from Junhong’s bedroom with the baby in his arms.  The baby boy rested his head on Himchan’s shoulder as he looked at everyone in the living room.

“Happy Birthday Junhong.”  Yongguk said as he kissed the baby on the cheek.  Junhong whined at his appa for the kiss.  He was still tired from his nap and didn’t want the kisses.

“Happy Birthday!”  Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup screamed in unison.

Junhong buried his face into his daddy’s neck and whined even louder than before.  Himchan laughed at the reaction.  He patted the baby’s back softly.  “Junnie, don’t you want to play with your brothers?”

“Junhonggie, Daehyun has your Toto.”  Youngjae said as he pointed to their older brother.

Junhong lifted his head from Himchan’s neck to see Daehyun playing with his Totomato plushie.  Junhong whined as he pointed at the toy.  That was his toy and he wanted it!  He didn’t want his older brother playing with it.  Junhong bent down, trying to get out of Himchan’s arms.  Himchan sat Junhong on the floor so that the baby wouldn’t try to throw himself from his arms like had been doing lately.

“Here Junhonggie.”  Daehyun gave the baby the plushie when Junhong started to crawl towards him.  Junhong gripped the plushie for dear life not wanting anyone to take it away from him.

Yongguk sat down in front of Junhong.  “Junhong, do you know how old you are today?  You’re one.”  He held up his index finger showing the baby.  He smiled when Junhong wrapped his tiny hand around his index finger.

“He woke up just in time.  The guests are starting to arrive.”  Himchan said when the doorbell to their apartment rang.

Junhong watched from the floor as people he had seen before walked into the room.  His eyes landed on his appa walking through the door.  He looked at his actual appa that was sitting in front of him then back to the one standing over them both.

“Pa pa.”  Junhong said as he motioned towards Yongnam.

Yongnam crouched down next to his brother.  “Guess he still thinks I’m you.”  He said to Yongguk.

“And that’s why you’re the perfect babysitter.  We can leave him in your hands and he won’t cry.  Having a twin is a benefit when you have a clingy child.”  Yongguk patted his twin on the back.

“Samchon!”  Daehyun and Youngjae yelled as he both lunged themselves at Yongnam.  Yongnam laughed as he rolled around with them in his arms.

Yongguk stood as he greeting his mother and sister.  Soon after, Himchan’s parents and sister arrived with food from the family restaurant.  Their apartment was filled with laughter as the adults chatted and the children played.  Junhong spent most of the day being passed around from family member to family member, occasionally crawling away to play with his brothers.

“I think it’s time for the cake.”  Himchan said as he walked out of the kitchen with a small cake in his hands.

“Cake?”  Daehyun’s eyes lit up and the sound of the word.

“Cake, cake, cake!”  Youngjae and Jongup jumped around.

Yongguk laughed.  “Calm down you three.”

Daehyun looked at the small light blue cake that Himchan set down on the dining table.  “But Daddy why is the cake so small?  It's not enough for everyone.”

“It's small because it's for Junhong.”  Himchan smiled as he heard this sons whine.

Youngjae pouted.  “But I want cake.”

Himchan ruffed Youngjae's hair.  “Don't worry we have another cake in the kitchen.  There's plenty for everyone.  This one is for Junhong to smash.”

“To smash?”  Youngjae looked at his daddy like there was something weird on his face.

“Here comes the birthday boy!”  Yongguk walked to the dining table with a practically Junhong.  Himchan had decided that it was a good idea for Junhong to be out of his nice clothes when it came time to the smash cake.  Yongguk had changed him out of his clothes and left only his diaper on.

Yongguk sat the baby down on top of the dining table while everyone gathered around.  Junhong looked back at Yongguk before his attention was on the small cake being slid in front of him.  Everyone watched as Junhong stared at the cake, not knowing what was in front of him.  Junhong blinked a few times before extending his hand out to touch the top of the cake.  His tiny hand sunk into the cake.  He lifted his hand back up only to bring it down into the cake again.

Junhong looked up at his appa.  “Go on Junnie.  Eat it.”

Junhong looked to his daddy.  “Are you going to eat it?  Eat it Junnie, eat it.”  Himchan snapped a few pictures with the camera in his hands.  Yongguk recorded Junhong with the camcorder.

Junhong looked back down at the cake before sticking his other hand in the cake.  He brought one of his hands to his mouth, tasting the vanilla cake.  He brought his other hand to his mouth as he stuffed more of the cake into his mouth.  Everyone laughed and cooed as Junhong's face was now being covered in the light blue frosting.  Junhong laughed when he slapped the cake with both his hands.  He screamed when he slapped the cake again.

“Junhonggie you're getting cake everywhere.”  Daehyun scoffed at the waste of cake.  He reached and took some of the cake that was still intact, not wanting to wait any longer for his piece of the cake in the kitchen.

“Here you go boys.”  Himchan's mother said as she walked out with pieces of cake.  She placed the plates of cake in front of the three boys.

By the time they all finished their pieces of cake, Junhong was covered in the light blue frosting.  Pieces of cake stuck to his hair with the help of the frosting.  The dining table was completely smeared with frosting and cake crumbles.

Himchan sighed at the aftermath.  “Good thing we undressed him.  He's definitely going to need a bath right now.  Any takers?”


I tried to get this out before Junhong's birthday was over.  And it's still the 15th for me so I made it on time!