Family Picture

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 4
Youngjae 4
Jongup 2
Junhong 1

 

Family Picture

“Do we really need to do this Channie?” Yongguk asked his husband as he was handed a gray hoodie with a number on it.

“Of course we do Gukkie.” Himchan said as he straightened his white hoodie with the same number as Yongguk's. “We don't have any pictures of all six of us. We need a family picture.”

Yongguk sighed. Himchan was right, they didn't have any pictures of the six of them together. They needed at least one picture. Plus it would be easier to show to people instead of scrolling through his phone, showing them picture after picture of his little ones. Although, as a doting father of four, he didn't mind.

“Boys, you better not get your hoodies dirty. Daehyun, Jongup you're wearing white so be extra careful.” Himchan said to his sons as they played in front of them. Both boys were in matching white hoodies with the year of their birth on it. “Junnie, don't mess up your hair.” Himchan picked up the baby from the ground as he tried to play with his styled hair. Junhong was in a grey hoodie, his hair was styled and gelled to side.

Jongup walked up to Yongguk, who had just finished putting on his hoodie. “Guppie wear appa hat.” He said as he tugged at Yongguk's pant leg.

Yongguk crouched down to Jongup's level. “You want to wear one of Appa's hats?” He asked his son, who nodded back at him. “Okay, let's go pick out a hat for you to wear that matches your hoodie and that Daddy will like.” Jongup screeched in excitement as he ran to his parent's bedroom with Yongguk following behind.

Himchan had decided that it would be best for them to take the picture in their apartment instead of a studio. He thought that it would be better for their sons so that they could be more comfortable in a place they knew. It was better for Junhong. The baby was still too shy and scared around new people and wasn't particularly fond of new places.

“Daehyun, where's Youngjae?” Himchan asked when he didn't see his second eldest in the living room.

Daehyun shrugged. “I don't know Daddy.”

Himchan shifted Junhong from one hip to the other, stopping the baby from messing up his hair. “Stay clean.” He said to Daehyun as he left the living room to look for Youngjae.

He walked down the hallway and noticed the bathroom door was open. He peered in only to see his second eldest standing on the step stool in front of the sink. Youngjae was dressed in a grey hoodie and had a comb in his hand as he fixed his hair in front of the mirror. Himchan watched as Youngjae combed his hair to the side only to scowl when he didn't like how it looked. He combed it back only to pout at his reflection.

“You should comb it to the front Jae sweetie.” Himchan said from the door. “It looks nice when your fringe is in front.” He reached for the comb in his son's hand.

“I wanna do it Daddy.” Youngjae moved the comb away from his daddy.

Himchan smiled at him. “Alright but don't be long, the photographer is going to be here any minute.”

“Okay Daddy.” Youngjae said as he combed his hair the way Himchan had suggested.

Himchan walked out of the bathroom to make his way to the living room. “Gukkie are you almost ready? Narae sunbae should be here soon. Daehyun what did I tell you about not getting dirty?” Himchan said when he caught his eldest in the kitchen with a handful of cookies. “Put those cookies back right now!”

“But Daddy, I'm hungry!” The four year old whined.

“Fine. You can have one and that's it. Put the rest of the cookies back and don't get dirty.” Himchan said. His attention was brought to his oldest maknae running from his bedroom and down the hall at him, with Yongguk behind him. Himchan crouched down to Jongup's level, while still balancing Junhong on his hip. “Aigoo, look at how cute my Guppie looks with Appa's hat on.” He lightly pinched the toddler's cheek.

The sound of the doorbell chimed throughout the apartment. Himchan stood back up. “She's here!” He said as he handed Junhong over to Yongguk.

Narae was a professional photographer and one of Himchan's sunbaes from back when he used to model during college. They kept in touch throughout the years after Himchan decided to quit modeling and focus on his teaching career. Narae had offered to be their photographer at Himchan's and Yongguk's wedding, for free. So when Himchan decided that to take a family portrait, he made sure that she was available.

“Himchannie! Still as beautiful as ever I see.” Narae said as she entered the apartment carrying her equipment. “And Yongguk, you haven't changed the last time I saw you. Still handsome.” Himchan helped her with her luggage allowing her to look at the four boys that were in living room. “Now aren't you four handsome young men.”

“Thank you for doing this for us.” Yongguk said. Junhong pressed himself closer to his Appa when he saw Narae. He turned away from her and rested his head on Yongguk's shoulder; his little hands gripped on to the hoodie.

“Don't worry about it. Anything for my favorite former model.” She said as she started to take out her equipment from the bags. “But seriously Himchan, when are you coming out of retirement? I miss shooting you.”

“I don't know sunbae. I love teaching and there's these four – five that need taking care of.” Himchan said as he helped her set up the equipment.

“Don't worry. I think he might come out of retirement sooner than he thinks.” Yongguk said to Narae. “He doesn't say it out loud but I know he misses it.”

“I do hope it's soon.” She said as she took out her camera. “Now enough talk, let's get this shoot underway. I don't mean to rush you guys but I have another shoot to get to in a hour.”

Narae started to take pictures as Himchan situated them on the couch, thinking that it would be nice to have candid pictures of the family. Yongguk sat on the couch, pulling Junhong from where he was resting on his shoulder to sit on his lap. Himchan had Daehyun sit next to Junhong on Yongguk's lap. Himchan sat down on the left of Yongguk. He pulled Jongup onto his lap, so that he was sitting next to Junhong. Youngjae sat on Himchan's lap, next to Jongup.

“Okay babies, look at the camera and smile.” Himchan said when they were all situated. “You too Gukkie.”

“Junnie look at the camera.” Daehyun said to his little brother as he pointed to the camera.

Junhong turned to look at the camera. Narae grabbed a toy off the floor and held it in the air to grab Junhong's attention and to make sure that it stayed on the camera. Junhong looked at his Totomato plushie being shook at next to the camera. His Toto was taken from him by a scary lady he didn't know.

“Okay, ready?” Narae said. “1...”

A frown appeared on Junhong's face. Daehyun caught the trembling of his baby brother's bottom lip. “Oh no.” He said

“2...”

Tears started to form in Junhong's eyes.

“Uh, Appa...” Daehyun said seconds before “3” and Junhong's cries were heard. The bright flash of the camera went off at the same time.

Junhong turned around and moved up so that he could hide his face into his Appa's chest. His cries were muffled by Yongguk's hoodie. He shook his head and cried louder when Yongguk tried to pull him from his hoodie. They all tried to subside the baby's cries with no luck resulting in Narae having to leave without getting a proper picture of the family.

 

 

A couple of weeks later, Himchan walked into their marital bedroom with a big folder in his hands. “The pictures arrived.” He said as he sat on their bed next to Yongguk; who was busy listening to the new song he had just recorded and making notes on what needed to be changed. “Narae sunbae said she sent us prints of all the pictures she took and a USB so that we could have the digital copies. Unfortunately there's not a lot of pictures.”

They both looked over the candid pictures of them and their sons. Himchan groaned when he saw the picture that was supposed to be their family picture. Yongguk chuckled when he saw the picture. Junhong's mouth was wide opened and his eyes were closed as tears ran down his face. A surprised look was on but Yongguk's and Himchan's face while Daehyun sported a panicked look. Youngjae deadpanned at the camera while Jongup, like usual was the only one with a bright smile on his face.

“Looks like a pretty accurate picture to me.” Yongguk said as he stared at the picture.

“And I really wanted it to be a nice picture of us.” Himchan whined.

Yongguk kissed his husband's cheek. “It's okay Channie, we can always try again when Junhong is less scared of people. But you have to admit, this pictures is pretty funny.”

 


I got the idea of this drabble based of this fanart that I saw on tumblr.  Full credits to the artist that came up with this.  And if you have a tumblr, like and reblog that post.

This drabble was supposed to come out last month but stuff happens.  Please feel free to send me requests for future drabbles.  I will try my best to get to them.  The next drabble will be a request drabble.

Please subscribe if you haven't, upvote and leave me your lovely comments.  I love to hear back from you guys.

Til next time lovelies~