Rolling

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 6 months


Rolling

Himchan shifted Daehyun in his arms, slightly bouncing the sleepy baby. The baby yawned as his father took a sip of his coffee. Himchan checked the time and mentally cursed. It was almost time for him to leave. He grabbed the pacifier from the table and walked out the kitchen with Daehyun.

He opened the door to his bedroom revealing his shirtless, tattooed husband still sleeping soundly. He laid Daehyun down on the bed, placing the pacifier in his mouth. He grabbed the pillows from his side of the bed and placed it around the baby.

He walked around to his sleeping husband. “Bbang wake up.” He patted his . Yongguk groaned as he stirred from his sleep. “Babe wake up.” He said softly into his ear.

Himchan smiled when he locked eyes with Yongguk's sleepy ones. “Morning.” He said. “I need to leave for work now. Daehyun is laying next to you. He's already had his bottle.” He nodded over to their son. “I think he might fall back asleep.”

Yongguk rolled over to see Daehyun on his pacifier, an arm up to his ear and his eyes slowly shutting.

“I gotta go.” They shared a quick kiss. “Love you.”

“Love you.” Yongguk said as he watched Himchan walk out of their bedroom. He sighed when he heard the door to their apartment close. He looked at Daehyun who was still on his pacifier with his eyes closed. Yonnguk could tell that Daehyun was drifting off to sleep by how slow the pacifier moved. The pacifier moved quickly before slowing down and stopping for a bit only for it to move again.

He didn't know when it happened but Yongguk drifted back asleep. He didn't realize that he had fallen back asleep until he heard a bang, followed by Daehyun's loud cries. He jolted awake, looking around frantically. Daehyun wasn't lying in bed where Himchan had left him. He moved to the edge of the bed to see his son on the floor crying. He rushed to pick up Daehyun off of the floor.

“!” He bounced Daehyun up and down while rubbing his back. Daehyun's body shook as his cries grew louder, tears running down his face. “Shh. I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry.” He paced around the bedroom hoping that the bouncing and pacing would help his son calm down.

“Sorry Daehyunnie. Appa's sorry.” He didn't know what to do. Daehyun had never cried this hard before. He didn't know how to calm him down.

Yongguk moved Daehyun's fine hair from his forehead to reveal a big red bump. Yongguk's eyes grew at the size of the bump. “Himchan is going to kill me.”

He kissed Daehyun's forehead hoping that it would help but knowing that it more than likely wouldn't. He continued walking around with Daehyun, apologizing often to the baby. Daehyun's body shook less than it had been before, his crying had started to subside. Fresh tears still rolled down his face.

“I'm so sorry Daehyunnie.” He kissed Daehyun on the forehead again. “Please don't cry anymore.”

 

The rest of the day Yongguk tried to lessen the bump on Daehyun's forehead. By the time Himchan had returned from work, Daehyun had long gotten over his fall. Yongguk however, was hoping that he did a good job hiding the bump on his son's forehead.

“Why does Daehyun have a hat on?” Himchan asked as he walked over to Daehyun who was propped sitting up on the floor. His legs kicked and his arms moved around in excitement when he saw his daddy walking towards him.

Yongguk was too quick for Himchan and picked Daehyun up from where he was sitting. “He has it on because it's cute.”

Himchan narrowed his eyes. “Yongguk.”

“Hmm?”

“Let me carry my son.” Himchan reached over to take Daehyun from Yongguk's arms only to have Yongguk turn away. “Bang Yongguk. Let me see my son.”

Yongguk sighed. He knew he could keep this up for too long. Himchan would eventually find out. “Don't be angry. But there was an incident this morning.”

“Incident? What incident? Yongguk what happened to my baby?” He took Daehyun from Yongguk's arm. He took the hat off the baby. His eyes grew at the sight of the red bump on his forehead. “Yongguk what happened?”

“He kind of...fell off the bed.” Yongguk said softly, bracing himself for Himchan's reaction.

“He fell off the bed! How?” He asked before showering Daehyun with kisses.

“I kind of fell back asleep then he fell.”

“You fell back asleep? Yongguk you're the worst.” Himchan glared at his husband.

“Well there's one thing good that came from it.”

“Good? What can be so good about our son falling off the bed and getting this bump?” Himchan was in disbelief at Yongguk's words.

“He can roll over now.”

 


So you can thank my mom for this drabble.  She was once again telling the story about how as a 5 month old, I rolled over the fort of pillows I had around me and fell off the bed when she fell asleep.  Even though I've heard the story countless of times, I was dying of laughter when she was retelling the story.  (It didn't happen the same way tho.)  And so I decided being that Yongguk and Himchan are first time parents and still haven't gotten the parenting thing down that poor baby Daehyunnie would be the one to take the fall.  (The oldest ones are always the tester, lol.)

Subscribe if you haven't, upvote if you haven't and comment~