Forgotten...(Again...)

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 8
Youngjae 8
Jongup 7
Junhong 5

Forgotten...(Again...)

Himchan tapped his fingers against the steering wheel while he sang along to the song that was coming out of the speakers. He looked up at the rear view mirror, checking his reflection. He checked the time before looking over to the elementary school that was to the right of his parked car. He closed his eyes as he got into the song, belting the lyrics to the non-existing audience.

He groaned when the music stopped and was replaced with ringing. He looked at dashboard screen and sighed. He pushed the button with a picture of a phone on the steering wheel.

“So do what do I owe the pleasure of hearing my favorite manager's voice on this sunny afternoon?” He said, with a cheeky grin.

I got your schedule for the next month when you're on break from school.” His manager's voice came through the speakers of the car.

“Oh perfect! I'm picking up the kids from school right now, so I have time to go over it as I wait for them to come out.” Himchan said as he grabbed his cellphone, opening up the email that his manager had just sent him.

So you were booked for a soju commercial on the 22nd. You're also booked for a photoshoot for one of those watch companies, you know those stupid expensive ones.”

Himchan chuckled lightly at the slight hint of disgust that was heard in his manager's voice. His manager had been vocal once about how it was stupid that people would spend a ridiculous amount of money on a wristwatch when there phone could tell the time for them.

The Hong sisters have also reached out to the company asking if you were available to be a part of their upcoming drama.”

“OH MY GOD! SEUNGGIL ARE YOU SERIOUS?! THE HONG SISTERS WANT ME FOR THEIR DRAMA!” Himchan jumped in this seat causing the car to bounce with him.

It hadn't been that long since Himchan had gotten back into modeling. With the boys older and more independent and all of them in the same school, it was easier for Himchan to continue working at his school and to go back to modeling on the weekends and during school breaks. Fortunately enough, he was able to resign with his old agency and that they were understanding with his schedule. He decided to start acting a bit in commercials whenever he could. Before his modeling career was just that, modeling. He never once thought of acting but it wasn't until Yongguk had asked him to star in his music video that he was bitten with the acting bug. It was a good thing he was married to a rap star. Yongguk only wanted him to star in his music videos and fortunately for the both of them, Yongguk's company allowed it.

If it wasn't for Yongguk, Himchan wouldn't have even considered modeling again. Yongguk pushed him to do it as the supportive husband that he is.

Now hyung, it's not a big role. It's actually a small one but they insisted that they wanted you for it.”

“It doesn't matter Seunggil! It's a honor just for them to want me for their drama!” Himchan said. He could feel the excitement course through his veins. He was so excited that he barely noticed the door to the car open until he heard his sons climb into the car. “Seatbelts.” He said after the door closed.

There's also a catch.”

“What's the catch?” Himchan asked as he put the car into drive and pulled away from the school.

“Um, daddy?” Youngjae's voice was heard from the backseat.

“Daddy is on the phone with Seunggil, Youngjae. Please don't interrupt while I'm on the phone.” Himchan told his second eldest.

The catch is that they're sending you the script tonight via messenger and want you to go in for a reading tomorrow.”

“Daddy.” said Youngjae.

“Tomorrow?” Himchan groaned as the turned the corner and sped the car up. “Hush, Youngjae. I'm on the phone. Seunggil you need to see if I can go in later in the week. Yongguk is still in Japan. I can't go in tomorrow. Plus I'm teaching.”

“Daddy.” Junhong's small voice called out from the back of the car.

I'll see what I can do but no guarantees.”

“Umma.” Jongup called out.

“Boys please. I'm on a very important call with Seunggil. You know you're not supposed to interrupt adults when they are talking.” Himchan said, the car speeding closer to their house. “Please Seunggil, I don't want to lose this part. Did you tell them about my circumstances?”

I didn't even bring it up. If I did, they would have reconsidered their offer and I know just how much you want this and how beneficial it is for you. So no, I didn't tell him about your circumstances.

Himchan furrowed his eyebrow as he tapped his thumb on the steering wheel. “Okay look. Yongguk comes back on Wednesday, I could possibly get the day off on Thursday so I can go read for the part.”

“Daddy!” Youngjae screamed out.

“Bang-Kim Youngjae! What did I tell you?!” Himchan looked up at the rear view mirror and glared at his son.

The fact that his father just used both of his surnames instead of one usually meant that he was in real trouble but that didn't matter to Youngjae; there was something more important than that. “Yeah I know but Daddy you forgot Daehyun!” He cried out.

“Daehyun?” Himchan cocked an eyebrow. “What do you mean I forgot Daehyun?”

“You left Daehyun at school!” The eight year old proclaimed.

“No I didn't. There's four of you in here.” Himchan looked back up at the rear view mirror and looked at his sons. “One, two, three, Jaebum? You're not Daehyun.” The sudden realization that he had once again forgotten Daehyun hit him hard. He wished that he could say that this was the first time he had forgotten one of his kids but that was not the case. He had mistaken Youngjae's best friend for his eldest son because he was too wrapped up in his phone call.

“! Seunggil, I'll call you back!” Himchan immediately ended the call and made the first u-turn he could do to head back to the school. “! ! ! Boys, do not tell your Appa about this! He's going to kill me if he finds out! And Jaebum, I'm sorry that you have to hear me swear. Do not repeat what I just said and that goes for the three of you as well.”

Himchan attention was brought back to speakers when they started to ring. He looked at the dash to see who it was before answering the call. “Yongnam, now isn't a good time.”

Let me guess, you forgot Daehyun again?” His deep voice carried throughout the car.

“How...did you know?” Himchan asked.

The school called me saying that Daehyun's father left before Daehyun was able to get out of the building and that they couldn't reach his other father because he was out of the country. So they called me being that I'm the emergency backup.”

“I didn't mean to forget about him! Honestly! I was on the phone with Seu-”

Himchan, you don't need to explain. You just might want to have a really good apology ready because Daehyun is pretty furious that you forgot him again.”

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE LEFT ME AGAIN!” Daehyun was heard yelling in the background.

Himchan felt horrible for not realizing that his eldest son hadn't gotten in the car before leaving. In the heat of the moment he had forgotten that Jaebum was going back with them after school causing him to mistaken the child to be his own. If they were handing out awards, Himchan would get the Worst Father Ever award. Daehyun had every right to be mad at him. He would be mad if that happened to him more than once.

“Yongnam, where are you? I turned around and heading back to the school.” Himchan said.

We're still at the school. I'm going to take Daehyun somewhere so that he can calm down a bit. He's really riled up right now. I'll take him back home after he's calmer.”

“Ok...Yongnam tell him I'm sorry.” Himchan said.

I will. And don't worry. It happens to every parent once in a while. So don't beat yourself up about it.”

Himchan ended the call after thanking his brother in law. He turned the car back around to go back home.

“Umma, don't feel bad. It was an accident.” Jongup said from his seat.

Ringing blasted through the speakers once again as another phone call came through. Himchan cursed when he saw Yongguk's name coming up on the caller id. “Okay guys Appa is calling. Don't tell him that I forgot Daehyun. Your Appa doesn't need to know, okay? I'll let you guys have cake and ice cream for dinner if you don't tell Appa, got it?” His sons and Jaebum agreed to the deal before Himchan hit the call button. “Hey Gukkie. How's Japan?”

I heard you forgot Daehyun at school.”

Well . There goes trying to keep it a secret.

 


Guess who's back! Miss me?

It's been a while, hasn't it?  At least it feels like forever since I last updated.  Sorry, life happened and I had to go on a hiatus but now I'm back!  I still plan on trying to update once a month like before.  Trying is the keyword here.  

Special thank you to hyunnieprincess for suggesting this drabble.  I wasn't planning on writing this so soon, being that I had a different drabble in mind but I told my beta about this suggestion and then she started to tell me the two times her mother forgot to pick her up.  I just couldn't resist writing this.

As you can see, HImchan is now back to modeling while still juggling being a music teacher.  In this point in time, he's been modeling for about a year now and he's also dabbling in acting as well.  Another suggestion from Yongguk to Himchan.  And Yongguk is also not only a producer but a recording artist now.  Just think of him as someone like Tablo.  He's a mega rapper, producer and loving father and super supporting husband.  I also love the idea of Yongguk having Himchan star in his music videos whenever it's one of those storytelling videos.  Have their boys been in a music video?  Yes, but not as the way you think they'd appear.

I think that's all I have to explain for this au.  I have a lot more headcannons for this au and who knows if I'll ever get to write them all.  

Please subscrbe and upvote if you haven't already.  And leave me your lovely comment

Til next time lovelies~