Phone

Life As We Know It

Daehyun age 2
Youngjae age 1
Jongup 7 months

Phone

Himchan's eyes fell on the black smartphone on the kitchen counter when a ping went off and the screen lit up indicating that a new message had come through. Yongguk grabbed the phone and took it from Himchan's view. He watched as his husband walked out the kitchen while checking his phone.

He brought his knife down, violently chopping the end of the zucchini that sat on the cutting board. Normally Himchan wouldn't care about the texts or phone calls that Yongguk would receive. He wasn't the jealous and nosey type...anymore. At least that's what he kept telling himself but Yongguk had been acting strange the last few days. Every time he would receive a phone call or a text, he would walk out of whatever room he was in, away from Himchan's eyes and ears. Anyone, whether they are the jealous type or not, would get suspicious if their significant other was acting the way Yongguk had been acting.

“Hey Channie,” Yongguk said as he walked back into the kitchen. Himchan hummed, not bothering to look back at him. He was slightly startled when Yongguk wrapped his arms around his waist. “How much longer ‘til dinner's ready?”

“I'm almost done. 20 minutes, maybe.” Himchan said as he continued to chop the zucchini, this time with less rage than before. He smiled when Yongguk kissed the crook of his neck. His smile dropped when he heard the message alert from Yongguk's phone. Yongguk unwrapped himself from Himchan and walked out of the kitchen. Himchan viciously hacked away at the zucchini, not caring if he was making a mess.

He stopped when Yongguk popped his head in the kitchen. “I'm gonna hop in the shower real quick. The boys are in the living room.” He said. “Uh, are the zucchinis supposed to look like that?”

Himchan turned around with a fake smile planted on his face. “That's what the recipe said I should do.”

Yongguk nodded. “Then...I'll go take that shower now.” He said before disappearing again.

Himchan turned back to the hacked up zucchini on the cutting board. He sighed before adding the vegetable into the stew. He set the stew on a low flame to let it cook while he watched his sons in the living room. He sat down on the couch, letting his head fall back. He lifted his head back up when he heard Jongup's whines. The baby kicked and flailed his arms around from the baby swing he was sitting in.

Himchan got up and walked over to the baby. “Is my Guppie tired of the swing?” He said as he grabbed the baby from the swing. He turned around to see Youngjae walking around with a phone in his hand. Yongguk's phone to be exact. “Youngjae, Appa's phone is not a toy.” He said as he took for the toddler's hand causing his one year old to cry. He handed Youngjae the play phone, silencing the toddler.

His eyes went back to the phone when it pinged once again. “It's not being nosey if I turn it over and just so happen to accidentally glance at the screen, now is it Jonguppie?” He asked the baby in his arms. “No. No it isn't. I'm nothing like the nosey and jealous person I was before. I'm not that kind of a husband. It's not my fault that Appa left his phone for Youngjae to take. I only stopped JaeJae from breaking Appa's phone. It's not my fault that I accidentally glanced at his screen.” He looked over at the bathroom door before turning back at the baby in his arms. “Now don't tell Appa okay?” He turned the phone over and glanced at the screen. His breath got caught in his throat when he read the preview of the text from a number he didn't know.

Can't wait to see you tonight...

He gasped when another text came in from the same unknown number.

I've missed you so much...

Himchan's heart pounded in his chest. He feared that this day out come. The day that Yongguk had grown tired of him and no longer found him attractive. That the love he once had for him was now gone. Sure he didn't have the same slim figure he did when they had first met but he hadn't let himself go. He had only gained a bit of weight. Had he become so ugly that the man he the loved with all his heart now found him repulsive?

Himchan fumbled with the phone when he heard Yongguk come out of the bathroom. Yongguk didn't miss Himchan slamming his phone on the coffee table before he walked pass him to Jongup's room. Yongguk walked over and picked up his phone. He sighed when he read the new texts that had come in while he was in the shower. He wasn't surprised that at Himchan's reaction. It was only natural that Himchan would react the way he did.

He followed Himchan to Jongup's room. He stopped in the doorway and smiled. Jongup was sitting in his crib while Himchan paced back and forth in the room, mumbling to himself. Yongguk wiped the smile from his face before knocking on the open door. Himchan stopped and looked back at him in surprise.

“So what are you doing in here?” Yongguk asked as he leaned in the doorway.

Himchan looked away from Yongguk to see a lump of Jongup's unfolded clothes on the changing table. “Nothing.” He murmured as he started to fold the clothes.

“It doesn't look like nothing.” Yongguk said as he walked into the room.

“Well it is. I'm just folding clothes.” Himchan didn't bother to look at Yongguk when his husband leaned his back on the changing table.

“Wanna talk about it?” Yongguk asked.

“About what?” Himchan asked back.

“About the texts you read on my phone.”

“I-” Himchan looked at Yongguk. He was caught. Himchan could have acted like he hadn't read those texts but then that would mean that he was okay with what he read and he wasn't. He wasn't okay with the fact that Yongguk was possibly cheating. “So who are you cheating on me with?”

Yongguk couldn't help but laugh. He really didn't mean or want to laugh but he couldn't help it. He knew that this would only anger his husband.

“You're an !” Himchan threw one of Jongup's shirts at Yongguk's face. “So who is it?”

“No one Channie. I'm not cheating on you.” Yongguk cupped Himchan's face. “I would never cheat on you.”

“Liar. I read those texts. You're cheating on me with someone skinnier, prettier and younger than me aren't you?” Himchan said with tears in his eyes.

“You only read the start of those texts. You didn't read the entire thing.” Yongguk pulled out his phone. He unlocked it and pulled up the text conversation. “Here.” He handed Himchan the phone.

“I don't want to read how you're cheating.” Himchan looked away.

“Himchan.” Yongguk placed the phone in his husband's hand. “Read it.”

Himchan reluctantly read the text.

Can't wait to see you tonight. You haven't told Himchannie that I'm coming, have you? I want it to be a surprise.

I've miss you so much but I think I've missed Himchannie more. I'm really excited to see the look on his face when he sees me. Oh! And I've brought the babies gifts!

You better be treating my Himchannie right Yongguk! I'll kick your if you're not!

Himchan looked back up at his husband. “Huh?”

“See I'm not cheating on you.” Yongguk smiled.

Himchan furrowed his eyebrows. “Who is this?”

The doorbell rang. “Speak of the devil.” Yongguk said as he grabbed Jongup from the crib. “I suggest you follow me if you want to know who it is.”

Himchan followed Yongguk to the front door. “Oh my God!” He practically shrieked when his eyes landed on a woman from their past.

“Himchannie!” The woman said as he ran into the apartment.

“Hara!” He hugged the woman, both of them slightly jumping with excitement. Himchan couldn't believe that his college friend was in his living room after so many years of not seeing each other. “When did you get back from Paris? Are you here on vacation or are you moving back?”

“I got back yesterday. I'm only visiting for two weeks. I told Yongguk to not tell you about my return. I wanted it to be a surprise.” She smiled. “So were you surprised?”

“Channie actually thought that I was cheating on him because of your texts.” Yongguk laughed.

“Ew, no.” Hara made a face of disgust. “You know Yongguk's not my type. I still don't know what you see in him.” She said playfully.

“Come on Hara.” Himchan pulled his friend to the table. “We have so much to catch up on! Gukkie can take care of the kids by himself as punishment for deceiving me.”

“I'll kick his if you want me to.” Hara offered as she sat down at the table. She turned to Yongguk and smiled. “You know, just like old times.”

Himchan nodded. “I might have to take you up on that offer.”

Yongguk hung his head low, pouting. “I hate it when you two gang up on me.”

 


I got the idea for this drabble from an episode of Modern Family.  I couldn't resist writing this after I watched the episode.

The next drabble will be a Daehyun drabble in honor of the Daebutt's birthday.  I'll go back to writing the requests after that one.  I have 9 awesome requests from some of you and a few more that I came up with BUT keep the requests coming!  The more requests the better.  I will do my best to write them.  (And there might be some one shot specials that I have in mind too.   maybe?)   GIMME ALL YOUR REQUEST!

Also!  Shameless plug: follow me on tumblr if you have one!  I do post updates and progress on all my fics there.  Plus all the B.A.P and Big Bang and k-pop posts.

If you haven't yet, subscribe, upvote and comment!

Til next time lovies~