Fort Awesome!

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 5
Youngjae 5
Jongup 4
Junhong 2

Fort Awesome!

“Umma!” Jongup climbed up on the couch and sat on top of Himchan's lap.

The toddler had just changed into his pajamas and was ready for bed when he walked out to find Himchan on the couch folding laundry. Junhong was already in his pajamas and playing with his blocks on the floor in front of Himchan. Daehyun was brushing his teeth while Youngjae changed into his pajamas.

“Yes, Jonguppie?” Himchan said.

“Can I sleep in your bed with you and Appa?” Jongup pouted.

Himchan sighed. Jongup recently started taking a liking to sleeping in his parent's bed. It was something that used to only happen on those nights there was a thunderstorm. Jongup, being scared of the loud noises, would always run into his parent's bed. Both Yongguk and Himchan knew that it was a bad idea for Jongup to get used to sleeping with them but they just couldn't say no to his cries. But now even when there was no storm outside, Jongup would still ask to sleep with them.

“But what about Junhong? Are you going to let him sleep in the room by himself?” Himchan asked.

“I thought about that,” Jongup eyebrows knitted together. “He can come sleep in the bed with us!” He said smiling up at Himchan, proud that he came up with the idea.

At the sound of his name, Junhong turned his attention towards his daddy and older brother. “I wanna seep wit Daddy and Uppie!”

Himchan sighed again. “Jongup, you can't sleep with Appa and me every night. You need to sleep in your own bed like big boys do.”

“But I wanna sleep with you!” Jongup's bottom lip quivered and Himchan knew that the waterworks would soon follow.

“Jongup no.” The moment “no” left Himchan's lips, the four year old cried out. He buried his head in Himchan's chest, soaking the shirt with his tears. “Jongup stop.”

“No! I wanna sleep with you!” Jongup screams where muffled by the fabric but were still clearly heard.

“Jongup!” Himchan pulled the four year old from his chest. “Stop it right now!”

“Umma, mean!” Jongup climbed off of Himchan's lap and ran to his and Junhong's room.

Yongguk walked into the living room just in time to see Jongup screaming at Himchan then running off. “What was that all about? Do you need me to go talk to him?”

“Appa!” Junhong got up from where he was playing and immediately raised his arms so that Yongguk could carry him.

“Jongup wanted to sleep with us again and I told him that he couldn't. Oh and get this, he said that he thought about the fact that his younger brother would be sleeping in their room by himself and that Junhong would sleep with us too.” Himchan said as he placed the now folded clothes neatly back into the laundry basket.

“We need to get a bigger bed. These four kids can't all fit.” Yongguk said as he sat down next to his husband.

“We need to not give them all an incentive to want to sleep in the bed with us. Besides I need alone time with my Gukkie Bear.” He kissed Yongguk's cheek.

“Hey,” Yongguk looked at the folded bedsheets in the laundry basket. “I have an idea.”

 

It took them thirty minutes, the couch, a few chairs and all the clean bed sheets they had for the living room to be converted into a fort. The chairs were lined up on each side of the couch, bed sheets tied around the top of one chair to the top of another chair around the room. Himchan had pulled out the roll up mattresses that were given to them as housewarming gifts back when they first moved in with each other; Yongguk was happy with his husband's hoarding problem for once. The mattresses were placed underneath the tent and the couch pillows were placed along the side.

“Whoa! Awesome!” Daehyun yelled when he walked out of his room. “Are we sleeping in here?”

“Yep, we're all sleeping in there.” Yongguk smiled at his and Himchan's creation.

“Youngjae! Youngjae! We're sleeping in a fort!” Daehyun yelled as he ran to his and Youngjae's shared room.

“You know, this doesn't help our problem. Jongup's still technically sleeping with us.” Himchan said.

“No it doesn't, but I kind of really wanted to build a fort and now that we have kids, I can use them as an excuse to build them.” Yongguk smiled sheepishly at his husband.

“You're unbelievable some times. You know that?” Himchan laughed.

“I did.” Yongguk kissed his husband. “That's why you married me.”

Youngjae ran out of his room and screamed. “Oh my god! This is so cool!” He bounced before running into the fort.

“Jongup, look!” Daehyun had his little brother by the hand and both boys ran to the living room. “We're sleeping in a fort!”

The toddler's eyes grew like saucers when he laid this eyes on the living room fort. “Cool!”

The two boys crawled into the fort and joined their brothers already playing within it. Youngjae screamed as he and Jongup bounced in the fort while Junhong ran around the fort as Daehyun chased him. Himchan was grateful that the next day was Saturday and no one had to get up early, no school nor work. He could let his kids stay up just a little later than usual.

“Okay boys, go grab your pillows and blankets.” Yongguk instructed.

“But we don't want to go to sleep.” Youngjae said, still bouncing up and down.

“You don't have to go to bed yet but you need to bring your things for when you do end up falling asleep.” Himchan said.

“Can we watch a movie in the fort?” Daehyun asked.

“Yes, we can watch a movie. I'll pick out the movie while Daddy gets the pillows and blankets from our bed.” Yongguk said as he ushered the oldest of the four in the direction of his room. “Don't forget my Tigger.” He told Himchan when his husband walked by.

“I'm not bringing that old stuffed animal.” Himchan answered back.

“But it's a fort slumber party!”

 


I know, I know.  It's taking me forever to update and I feel so bad that I'm not updating this as much as I used to.  I'm sorry.  This year just hasn't been a good writing year for me. 

:(  

I think what I'm actually going to do for my next update, is the actual long awaited breakup between Yongguk and HImchan that happened when they were in university.  So this next update might take a while being that this won't be an actual drabble but more than likely long chapters because there is a story there that can't be told in short drabble.  Fingers crossed that I don't get writer's block.

Like usual, subscribe and upvote if you already haven't and leave me your comments!

You can come and yell at me for not updating as fast as norm and for updates on what my status is for what I'm writing @amorala.

Til next time lovelies~