Lost Tooth

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 6
Youngjae 5
Jongup 4
Junhong 3

Lost Tooth

The sound of Jongup screaming was heard coming from the boy's room on the other end of the apartment. Daehyun and Youngjae both raised their heads from their homework. They were sitting on their small table practicing how to write the hangul characters over and over again. Jongup ran to his two older brothers in the living room. His little fist was clenched onto something.

“Hyung!” Jongup cried.

“What is it Guppie?” Youngjae asked as his younger brother ran over to him.

“Look!” Jongup stuck out his fist, unclinching it to reveal a small tooth.

“Oh it's a tooth.” Daehyun said as he walked over to his brother.

“It came out!” Jongup opened his mouth, revealing the gap where his tooth once rested. “What do I do?” Jongup asked.

Daehyun and Youngjae glanced at each other before looking back at their younger brother. Jongup nervously fidgeted as he looked at his older brothers. He didn't know what to do. He had never had a tooth fall out of his mouth before. He was scared that something was wrong with his teeth.

“Guppie, this means that all your teeth are bad and that they are going to start falling out.” Daehyun lied to him. “You're going to have no more teeth, Jongup!” Daehyun said dramatically.

Jongup's eyes widened. “I'm going to have no teeth?” Daehyun nodded. Jongup's bottom lip started to quiver before letting out a loud cry. “My teeth!” He cried.

Youngjae hugged his crying little brother. “DaeDae is lying Guppie. Your teeth are not going to fall out.”

“Really?” Jongup asked through his cries. Youngjae nodded at him causing Daehyun to huff. “Yes they are Youngjae!” Daehyun said.

“What's going on here?” Yongguk asked as he walked out of the bathroom with Junhong in front of him. He had been busy trying to get their maknae to use the potty. “Jonguppie why are you crying?”

“Appa!” Jongup ran to Yongguk.

Yongguk crouched down to hug the boy. “What's wrong?” He moved Jongup's hair out of his face, noting that it was time for his son to get a trim. He wiped Jongup's tears from his face.

“Guppie's tooth fell out.” Youngjae informed their appa. “And Daehyun told Guppie that all his teeth are going to fall out now.”

“I don't want my teeth to fall out!” Jongup said, new tears running down his face. “Appa.”

“Daehyun.” Yongguk called his oldest in his stern voice. Daehyun lowered his head knowing that he was in trouble. “Why did you lie to your brother?” Daehyun shrugged. “Daehyun, apologize to Jongup for lying to him.”

“Sorry Guppie.” Daehyun said softly. He looked at his appa who motioned him to go on. “Your teeth are not going to fall out.”

Jongup looked back at Yongguk. “They no fall out?”

Yongguk smiled and patted his son on his head. “The tooth that fell out was one of your baby teeth. It just means that your big boy teeth are ready to start coming in.”

Jongup gasped. “I get big boy teeth?”

Yongguk nodded. “Yup. But in order for your big boy teeth to come out, your baby teeth are going to have to fall out. And when they do fall out, a fairy will come at night while you sleep and take the tooth.”

Jongup tilted his head to the side. “A fairy?”

“Uh huh. She's called the Tooth Fairy and when she pays you a visit, she leaves you a present for your tooth.” Yongguk explained to him.

“Junnie wants present too.” Junhong tugged Yongguk's sleeve. Yongguk smiled when he saw Junhong's cute pout.

“You'll get a present too, when one of your baby teeth fall.” He patted his maknae's head before turning his attention back on Jongup. “Can I have that tooth? Daddy will want to see it when he gets home.” Jongup nodded and gave his appa the tooth.

 

Jongup rolled over in his bed and yawned. His small eyes opened to see his little brother Junhong still sound asleep in his own bed with this arms and legs sprawled out. Jongup rubbed his eyes as he yawned again. He tucked his hand under his pillow so that he could snuggle into it and sleep more until his little hand touched something. He sat up and moved the pillow revealing a silver coin. His face lit up at the sight of the money.

He grabbed the coin and scrambled out of his bed. His little feet ran quickly out of his room and down the hallway. “Appa! Appa! Umma!” He called as he entered his parents room. Noticing that it was empty, he quickly ran out to see his Daddy coming out of the kitchen. “Umma!”

“Good morning to you too, Jonguppie. Now tell me, why are you screaming so early?” Himchan asked the little boy who was bouncing on his feet in excitement.

“Morning Umma. Look!” Jongup held out his hand, revealing the coin in his hand. “The tooth fairy came and left me money!”

Himchan gasped dramatically at the coin that he himself had left underneath Jongup's pillow. “She did! Jonguppie that's great! Gukkie, look! The tooth fairy left Jongup money for his tooth.” Himchan called out to Yongguk who was still in the kitchen.

“Did she now?” Yongguk asked when he emerged from the kitchen. Jongup nodded at his appa and held the coin out higher so that he could see. Yongguk smiled and ruffed his son's hair. “You better go put it in your piggy bank kiddo.”

“Okay. I'm gonna get my other teeth to fall so the tooth fairy can give me more money! Then I can buy all the Nesquik I want!” Jongup said before he ran back to his room.

“Sweetie that's not how it works.” Himchan called out to his son before sighing. “I better go make sure he doesn't try and pull all his teeth out.”

 


This took me longer than I had expected it to.  Another drabble that one of you beautiful readers requested.  I hoped you liked it.  Please send me more requests for the the beautiful Bang family.  (and if  you want BangHim fluff pre or post babies, you can send that in too)   I'll try my best to write it.

And OMG I've reached over 200 subscribers since last month's post!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  You guys are awesome!

Please comment, upvote and subscribe if you haven't already~

Til next time lovelies~