Cake

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 5
Youngjae 5
Jongup 4
Junhong 2

Cake

“It's my birthday!” Jongup yelled as he ran out of his bedroom in his pajamas with his hands in the air and a big bright smile on his face.

He was excited for his birthday. He had asked his parents for a specific cake from the pretty noona that worked at the coffee shop that his umma liked. Jongup liked going to the coffee shop with his family. The pretty noona, Eunji always had what he liked, chocolate milk and a chocolate chip cookie; saying that she had it specially made for him. He noticed all the cakes that were behind the glass case and asked the pretty noona if she made them all. His eyes widened in amazement when she said yes. He asked his umma if it was okay for Eunji noona to make him a cake for his birthday. Himchan had agreed to it and placed the order with Eunji, ordering the type of cake Jongup would like.

The birthday boy ran into his hyung's room and yelled. “It's my birthday!”

Without waiting for a response he ran back out of the room and down the hall to his parent's room. The door was cracked open allowing the boy to run into the room. “It's my birthday, Appa!”

Yongguk scooped him up into this arms, a big gummy smile on his face. “Happy Birthday Jongup!” He kissed his son on his cheek. “Do you know how old you are now?”

Jongup counted his little fingers and held up four fingers. “Four.” He smiled.

“That's right! You're a big boy now.” Yongguk said.

“Where's Umma?” Jongup asked, noticing that his umma wasn't in the room.

“He's in the shower.” Yongguk said.

“Oh. Can I get down now?” Jongup asked. Yongguk lowered his son back to the floor. Jongup walked to his parent's bathroom and put brought his hands around his mouth, cupping it. “Umma!” He yelled to the door.

“Jongup?” Himchan's voice could be heard from the other side of the door along with the water from the shower.

“Umma it's my birthday!”

“I know! Happy birthday Jonguppie!” Himchan yelled from inside the shower. “Wait until I get out so I can give you birthday kisses!”

“Come on kiddo. Let's go start breakfast.” Yongguk said as he started to walk to the door. “Your brothers are probably already awake.”

As if on cue, Youngjae, Daehyun and Junhong shuffled their way down the hall. Daehyun carried the maknae on his back, all three boys trying to rub the sleep from their eyes. Yongguk grabbed Junhong off from Daehyun's back, the maknae rested his head on his Appa's shoulder when he was in his arms. Jongup followed his Appa and brothers to the living room.

Yongguk grabbed the remote and the television. “You guys can watch some cartoons while I start making breakfast.”

He changed the channel to the kids channel while his sons sat down on the couch. He turned around and sat a still sleepy Junhong down on the couch next to Youngjae. He grabbed a blanket and draped it over their legs.

Yongguk frowned when he looked out the window. Snow fell, covering the ground in a thick white blanket. The weather forecast last night predicted a snow fall during the night but it didn't say that it would last until the morning. He hoped that it would stop soon so that he could get Jongup the cake he wanted.

 

 

“Umma, where's my cake?” Jongup asked his Daddy.

Himchan turned his attention from his laptop to his son. Himchan had been sitting at the dining table going over the email that the principle of his school had sent out all the teachers. He ran his hand through Jongup's hair and smile. “Appa went to get your cake, Jongup.”

“When is Appa coming?” He asked.

“I don't know. He should be here soon.” Himchan reassured his son. “Go play and before you know it, Appa will be back.”

Jongup ran back to where his brothers were playing. Himchan sighed when he looked at the time. Yongguk had left a hour ago to pick up the cake. Himchan was starting to worry. It shouldn't be taking Yongguk his long to get back from the bakery. The bakery wasn't too far from their apartment, maybe a fifteen minute drive.

Himchan got up from his seat and looked out the window. The snow had stopped when Yongguk left. The ground was still covered in the thick white sheet. Himchan started to worry looking out at the uncleaned streets. What if the car as stuck somewhere? What if Yongguk had gotten into an accident? What if he was hurt because of the accident? Himchan didn't want to wait to find out. He pulled out his phone and called his husband.

Channie?” Yongguk said when answered the phone.

“Oh thank god. Guk, where are you?” Himchan asked, still staring out the window.

I'm on my way back the bakery. It took me awhile to get there and then I had to wait a little for Eunji to get there.” Yongguk said.

Eunji had called them earlier telling them that the bakery was closed due to the snow. Eunji assured them that the cake was done and that she would meet them at the bakery so that they could pick it up. Himchan told her that she didn't have to worry about if she couldn't go. He didn't want to trouble her but she reassured him that she would do it, telling him that she didn't want to let down the birthday boy.

I'm almost there Channie. Don't worry.” Yongguk said to him.

“Okay. Drive safe.” Himchan told his husband before ending the call.

Himchan looked over to where his sons were playing and smiled at how nice they were being to each other. For once they weren't fighting or ganging up on each other; they were sharing and being nice. Himchan went back to his laptop to focus on his work as he occasionally he would look over to his sons, making sure they were okay.

About twenty minutes later, Yongguk walked through the front door with a box in one hand and plastic bags with food in the other hand. Jongup was the first one to greet Yongguk. The birthday boy jumped up and down happy to see his cake.

“Appa! Is that my cake?” Jongup asked.

“It sure is kiddo.” Yongguk said as Himchan walked over to grab the cake from his hands. “That burger place down the street was opened so I got us lunch.” He said as he lifted the bags in his hand.

“Thank you Gukkie.” Himchan kissed his husband's cheek.

“Lemme see! Lemme see!” Jongup said as he jumped, growing impatient.

“Calm down Jonguppie. Your cake isn't going anywhere.” Himchan laughed at how cute his son was acting.

Himchan set the box down on the dining table and opened the box. Jongup and his brothers walked to the table to see the cake. Jongup's eyes widened at the sight of the cake. Eunji had made him a pokeball shaped cake. The round cake had white and red fondant and black icing to make it look like a pokeball. Happy Birthday Jongup was written in the black icing.

“Cool!” Jongup jumping in his chair. “Eunji noona is so cool!”

“Eunji noona said that she specially made the cake for the best poke master ever.” Yongguk ruffled Jongup's hair.

“Cheeseburgers and a pokeball cake, this is the best birthday ever!” Jongup yelled.

 


This is an unbeta'd version.  I will update it with the beta version when I get it back.

But did you guys enjoy this drabble?  I got the idea thanks to the lovely AsianKitten.  Thank you for the prompt!

Please leave me suggestions for Yongguk's and Himchan's birthday drabbles.  I have nothing for him as of now.  (I skipped Yongguk's last year and want to write him something this year.)

Please subscribe and upvote if you haven't and leave me your lovely comments.

Til next time lovelies~

Happy Birthday Jonguppie!!!!