Dinner Surprise

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 4
Youngjae 4
Jongup 3
Junhong 17 months

 

Dinner Surprise

“'cuse me! 'cuse me! What are you eating? It looks really good.” Daehyun asked the lady sitting in the booth behind the one he and his family were sitting at. The toddler stood on the booth seat, peering over the back of the seat.

“Daehyun, it's not polite to bother other people while they're eating.” Yongguk told his son from the other side of the table. “We're so sorry about our son.” He apologized to the woman.

“It's okay.” The woman said before turning back around.

“Daddy can I have what the pretty noona was eating?” Daehyun asked Himchan when his Daddy grabbed him and sat him back down in his seat.

“No you can't have that. We've already ordered your food and you're allergic to shellfish.” Himchan said, causing his eldest to pout. He knew that his son didn't fully grasp what an allergy was but knew that he would get really sick if he ate something that he was told he was allergic to. He ran his hand through Daehyun's hair. “I know you want to try it but you'll get really sick if you eat it.”

“I know.” Daehyun said. “But my food is going to be better than the bad shellfish right Daddy?”

“It sure is!” Himchan smiled, pinching Daehyun's cheek. “Now color your picture while you wait for your food to come. Look your brother's are almost done with theirs.”

Daehyun nodded and grabbed one of the crayons that were on the table. Himchan looked up from his son and locked eyes with his husband and smiled. Yongguk reached out and grabbed Himchan's hand, intertwining their fingers.

“Happy Birthday.” He said as he caressed his thumb along Himchan's hand.

Himchan had told Yongguk that all he wanted was a nice family dinner at a restaurant for his birthday since it fell on a Tuesday this year. As much as Yongguk wanted to protest and take Himchan away for the weekend on a mini vacation, he knew that there was no time for it being that they were both busy with work and the children. Yongguk would make sure to surprise Himchan with that mini vacation later when the time wasn't so hectic for them.

“I could call my umma to see if she'll let the boys sleepover tonight.” Yongguk smirked at his husband.

Himchan smiled, knowing exactly what Yongguk was implying. “Guk, the boys have school tomorrow and both you and I have to work. We can't.”

“Then we'll just have to give the boys an early bedtime.” Yongguk brought Himchan's hand to his lips, kissing the back of his hand.

Junhong whined from his highchair and threw his sippy cup at his parents.

“Junhong no. You don't throw your sippy cup.” Himchan said, grabbing the sippy cup before it rolled off the table.

Junhong's whines became louder causing a few of the other people in the restaurant to look over at them. He reached out to Yongguk wanting his appa to take him out of the contraption. Yongguk freed the maknae from the highchair and brought him to his lap. Junhong squirmed his way off of his appa's lap and onto the booth seat.

“Uppie.” He said when he crawled to Jongup. He stood on his feet so he could see what his brothers were doing. He stumbled forward and almost fell face first on the table before Yongguk was able to grab him. Junhong blinked, confused as to what just happened. Yongguk held Junhong, helping the baby steady himself on his feet.

For the most part, the family dinner that Himchan wanted had gone on peacefully, minus the part when Daehyun and Youngjae started fighting over the red crayon. The boys all had eaten most of their meals without Yongguk and Himchan having to make sure they did. Himchan was quite pleased with his dinner; he had just wished that he had a nice glass of wine to accompany it but he had a feeling that Yongguk had a bottle waiting for him when they returned. The cake Yongguk had sent to their table was also to Himchan's liking.

When the check came, Yongguk and Himchan were surprised by Daehyun and Youngjae.

“Appa wait!” Daehyun said when Yongguk reached to his wallet.

Youngjae opened his backpack and pulled out four small pink piggy banks and set them on the table.

“Youngjae, why did you bring all of the piggy banks?” Himchan asked.

“Because we're gonna pay for dinner.” Youngjae said as he turned over one of the piggy banks to pop open the bottom. Coins spilled out onto the table, making people look over when they heard the noise.

“You boys don't have to pay. Appa is going to pay.” Yongguk told them.

“But it's a present for Umma.” Jongup looked up at his appa, a big pout on his face.

Yongguk and Himchan both exchanged looks and smiled. They couldn't believe how thoughtful their sons were. Yongguk mentally gave himself a pat on the back, congratulating himself at the good job he and Himchan were doing raising their sons. Himchan was overjoyed at his son's gesture. They couldn't be more proud right now.

“But don't you guys want to save the money for something else?” Himchan asked them.

The three boys in unison shook their heads. Junhong, not understanding what was going on, still shook his head also because his brothers were doing it.

“We want to spend it on Daddy.” Youngjae said.

“I guess the boys are paying for your meal, Channie.” Yongguk chuckled.

“Then lets count just how much you have in your piggy banks.” Himchan grabbed one of the piggy banks and proceeded to start counting the money.

Yongguk grabbed another piggy bank and started counting. The boys sat in the booth watching their parents in silence. They finished counting in a matter of seconds; none of the piggy banks containing a how lot of money.

“Is it enough?” Daehyun asked when his parents had finished.

“Not quite.” Yongguk sighed. “It only covered one of your dinners, not Daddy's.”

“Umma's present.” Jongup started to cry at the fact that they couldn't give their Daddy the present that they wanted. Both Daehyun and Youngjae started to tear up.

“Uh...actually...Appa counted wrong.” Himchan said, hoping that the lie would calm them down. “There's enough money here for my dinner and everyone else's.”

“Really?” Youngjae asked through his sniffles.

“Uh, yeah. There is. Appa forgot how to count.” Yongguk said, reassuring his sons.

“Is everything okay?” The waitress asked.

“Yes it is.” Yongguk said. He turned his body slightly to the side so that his sons couldn't see what he was doing. “See our sons didn't think they had enough money to pay for the meal. They wanted to surprise my husband for his birthday.” He grabbed his wallet in his coat pocket and pulled out money. “But I seemed to have counted the money wrong and told them that they didn't have enough money to. But they actually did bring enough.” He held the money underneath the table out of the view of the boys.

The waitress got what Yongguk was trying to do and smiled. “Oh, of course. Let me grab all these coins and pay your bill.” She quickly slid the money that Yongguk was holding into the black check holder before grabbing the coins.

The waitress came back a few minutes later with their receipt and lollipops for boys. Himchan grabbed the lollipops from the table and stuffed them into his coat. “You can have your lollipops when we get home.”

“Please Umma.” Jongup clasped his hands together and pouted.

“Home, Jonguppie.” Himchan said as he slid out of the booth.

Yongguk and Himchan helped their sons into their coats before walking out of the restaurant. When they got to the car, Himchan and Yongguk helped their sons into their car seats, making sure that they were secured in. Himchan jumped slightly when Yongguk wrapped his arm around his waist, pressing himself against Himchan's back.

“It's a good thing you didn't give them those lollipops.” Yongguk said into Himchan's ear. His voice was low and a few octaves deeper causing Himchan to shiver.

“Why's that?” Himchan turned his head to look back at his husband.

“Because they'll most likely fall asleep in the car.” Yongguk smirked. “Which means, early bedtime.”

Himchan hummed. “I like where this is going.”

A loud whine pulled them out of their moment. Junhong pointed to them. “No! Dada no! My Appa!”

 


Special thanks for kpopfantasywirter on tumblr or as she's known here, AsianKitten for the prompt idea.  Although I did change it up a bit.  

Hope you guys enjoyed it.  I have more cuteness to come.

If any of you guys are going to one of the B.A.P concerts during this tour, have fun, scream your lungs out and be safe.  And don't be jerks to the other Babyz there.  Be nice.  I know I will be screaming my lungs out for Yongguk and Himchan at the Chicago concert.

Please subscribe and upvote if you haven't and leave me your lovely comments.

Til next time lovelies~

Happy Birthday to my love, Himchannie!