Umma

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 3
Youngjae 2
Jongup 1

Umma

“Jonguppie, can you say Umma? Uuuummmma.”

Jongup stared at the person that had him on his lap. The baby tilted his head to the side and blinked. The man that held him looked familiar but different at the same time. He had heard his brothers call the man “samchon” but the baby didn't know what the word meant. The man just smiled, flashing his bunny teeth at the him.

“Say Umma, Jonguppie. Um-ma.”

“Jiwon, will you stop teaching him that.” Himchan walked into the living and sat down on the couch next to his brother. Kim Jiwon or as everyone else called him, Bobby was Himchan's younger brother.

“Look Jonguppie, it's Umma.” Jiwon said, pointing to his older brother.

“Stop.” Himchan swatted Jiwon's finger away. He took Jongup for his brother's lap and bounced the baby on his leg. “It's Daddy, Jonguppie. Da-ddy.”

Jiwon scoffed. “You're no fun.” He said to his brother before turning his attention on the two boys playing in front of him. “Daehyun, Youngjae your Umma is no fun.”

Daehyun looked up at his uncle and blinked. “That's not Umma.”

“That's Daddy.” Youngjae said.

“No he's not, that's your Umma.” Jiwon said, hoping to get at least one of his nephews to call his older brother Umma. The Kim brothers were known to annoy and prank one another; it was something that they liked to do. So if he could get one of his nephews to call his brother Umma, he would have succeeded in his plan.

“But ummas are girls and Daddy is not a girl, he's a boy and boys are daddys and appas.” Daehyun said in a matter of fact tone.

Himchan snickered at the way Daehyun had defeated his uncle. “There's no way you're going to get them to call me that.”

“You're right. They're too old now.” Jiwon leaned back on the couch and turned his attention back on Jongup. “But this one, I can still mold.” Jongup laughed when Jiwon lightly tickled his stomach.

“So what's up? I thought that you were still in Japan.” Himchan said.

“We finished shooting the music video ahead of schedule, so YG let us come back a day early.” Jiwon said as he played with Jongup. “I decided to swing by since I don't really have anything to do to, besides practicing. It feels like ages since I've seen these little guys. They've grown so big since the last time.”

“Yeah, that's what happens when you feed them.”

Jiwon snorted. “Your Umma is funny, Jonguppie.” He lightly tickled the baby's stomach causing Jongup to kick and laugh. Jiwon smiled as the baby's laughter grew.

“Seriously why are you trying to get Jongup to call me Umma?” Himchan asked, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“That's why. You just got annoyed by it.” Jiwon laughed when Himchan glared at him.

The brothers spent most of the afternoon catching up with each other. It had been a long time since they were able to see each other and talk like they used to. Despite being five years apart, the Kim brothers were pretty close with each other and with their older sister. It just got harder and harder to see one another as much as they used to be able to. With Himchan busy teaching and raising his three sons and Jiwon busy being an idol, they hardly had time to see each other. They talked through text from time to time but nothing came close to actual face to face interaction.

By the time Yongguk came home from the studio it was already late in the afternoon. Himchan had asked Jiwon to watch over the boys as he started dinner for them. Yongguk walked into the apartment to see Daehyun and Youngjae wrapping his brother in law with toilet paper. Daehyun ran around his uncle laughing with the toilet paper in his hands. Youngjae and Jongup were laughing as their uncle became a mummy.

“Appa!” Youngjae said when he saw his appa standing in the doorway.

“What's going on here?” Yongguk laughed at the sight in front of him.

“We're making Samchon into a mummy.” Daehyun said as he continued to run around his uncle. He let out a whine when he ran out of paper. “I'll go get more.” He said.

“That's okay Daehyun.” Jiwon stopped the toddler in his tracks. “I think I've been mummified enough.”

Daehyun pouted. “But there's still spots that didn't get covered.”

“It's enough Daehyun.” Yongguk said. “You don't want to go wasting more paper.”

“Hey Gukkie.” Himchan came out of the kitchen and slipped his hand around his husband's waist. He placed a quick kiss on Yongguk's lips. “Welcome home. Dinner's ready, so time to wash up.”

“Come on let's help your Samchon out of his wrappings so that he can eat.” Yongguk told his sons.

 

“Daehyun don't eat too fast.” Himchan nagged his eldest son when the toddler stuffed his entire mouth with rice; his cheeks puffed out making him look a chipmunk. “You're food isn't going anywhere.”

“You make a great Umma, hyung.” Jiwon said, a mischievous smirk on his face.

“You're not funny.” Himchan said he turned to Jongup to feed the baby more food. Himchan wanted nothing more than to throw the food straight at his brother's face but he didn't want Daehyun and Youngjae to start throwing their food around.

“Hyungnim, don't you think Himchan hyung makes a great Umma?” Jiwon asked Yongguk.

“Don't answer this that.” Himchan immediately told Yongguk.

“What's going on?” Yongguk asked. He knew what their brotherly relationship was like, so seeing one of them annoying the other ones wasn't anything new for him.

“My little sh-punk of a brother thinks it would be funny if Jongup called me Umma.” Himchan glared at his brother.

“Actually, now I think it's more accurate than funny.” Jiwon said.

Himchan looked over to his husband. “Do you think his fans would miss him? You would help me hide the body right?”

“Chan-” Yongguk started but was interrupted when Jongup started to fuss in his highchair because he wanted more food.

“U-u-mma.”

Himchan's eyes widened when the word came out of Jongup. “What did you say Jonguppie?”

“Ma.” The baby said, reaching his small hands out to Himchan. “Ma.”

“It's Daddy.” Himchan corrected the toddler. “Da-ddy.”

“Ma. Ma ma ma ma.” The baby chanted, causing Jiwon to laugh hysterically.

“It worked! I can't believe that it worked!” Jiwon said through his laughs.

 


And there you have it.  The story as to why Jongup calls Himchan, Umma.  I had been wanting to introduce Bobby into this universe for some time now.  (If you follow me on tumblr or read my Tigger, Pooh and Rabbit oneshot, you would know that I think of Bobby as BangHim's love child.  Which he is.)  So I decided to make him into Himchan's younger brother.  

When I started to write this I had something else planned for it but it turned out this way.  Hoped you guys liked it.

Yongguk's birthday will be the next one to get updated.

Subscribe and upvote if you haven't and leave me your lovely comments.

Til next time lovelies~