Princess JaeJae

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 5
Youngjae 4
Jongup 3
Junhong 2

 

Princess JaeJae

“Appa!” Youngjae said as he ran out of his room to the living room where Yongguk was with Daehyun and Jongup. The four year old twirled around. “Look, I'm Belle!” He smiled and giggled.

Ever since Youngjae had seen the old Disney movie, he thought that the princess was really cool. He liked the way that the princess wasn't afraid of the scary Beast and how she loved books, like he did. He wanted to be like Belle so that he could have a huge library filled with books. He had begged his parents to buy him a Belle costume for Halloween, which they agreed to. Yongguk and Himchan didn't want to stop their children from expressing themselves. They felt that both genders were equal and that it shouldn't limit anyone from doing things that weren't “gender appropriate”. So they saw no problem when Youngjae wanted to be the princess. To hell with what everyone else said.

Yongguk smiled as he saw how adorable his son was in the gold dress. “You're the best Belle I've ever seen Youngjae.”

Daehyun was dressed as Captain America and used the shield to hide his face as he laughed. “You're dressed like a girl!”

“JaeJae hyung is cute.” Jongup said as he smiled. The three year old was dressed as Thor.

“Daehyun don't laugh at your brother.” Yongguk told his oldest, who couldn't stop laughing.

“But Appa, he looks like a girl!” Daehyun hunched over, laughing.

“Daehyun!” Yongguk raised his voice loud enough to sound stern but not frighten the child. “Do not make fun of your brother! If he wants to be a princess, then he can be a princess!” He scowled when Daehyun wouldn't stop laughing. “Keep it up and you're not going to your Halloween party.” He warned.

Daehyun's eyes widened. He really really wanted to go the Halloween party. All of his friends were going to be there and he wanted to get as much candy as he could. “No, I want to go to the party Appa!”

“Then shush it. I don't want to hear another word from you about Youngjae wearing a dress, unless it's about how adorable he looks.” Himchan said when he came into the living room from the maknae's room. Junhong ran ahead of him dressed in his Porro costume.

“Okay Daddy. I'm sorry.” Daehyun lowered his head. He turned to Youngjae and said, “sorry Youngjae,” knowing that is what his parents wanted to hear.

 

 

“Belle is stupid.” Daehyun told Youngjae as they walked in front of their parents and younger brothers. Himchan had decided that they should walk to the party since it was only a few blocks away. Daehyun and Youngjae held each other's hand while Jongup and Junhong held onto their parents hands.

“Nuh uh!” Youngjae turned to his older brother. “Belle is cool!”

“Captain America is cool. He's an Avenger.” Daehyun said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“So? Belle is a princess.”

“Princesses are for girls and girls are stupid. So you're stupid Youngjae.” Daehyun stuck his tongue out at his younger brother.

Youngjae's bottom lip started to tremble. He stopped walking and turned to face his parents. “Appa! Daehyun said that I'm stupid because princesses are for girls.”

“Tattle-tell.” Daehyun murmured.

“Bang Daehyun!” Yongguk said in a voice that Daehyun knew it meant he was in trouble. Yongguk opened his mouth to continue but was interrupted by another voice.

“Aigoo. What cute little things you are.” The ahjumma from the convenience store they frequented said when she stepped out of the store. She looked over at Youngjae and smiled. “And who is this cute little princess?”

“Ahjumuni, it's me Youngjae.” The four year old said as he smiled.

The ahjumma gasped playfully at the boy. “Youngjae? Oh my! You're so cute in that dress that I thought you were a real life princess.” The adults laughed when Youngjae did an aegyo that Himchan had taught him. “I see that you're letting him express himself the way he wants.” She said to Himchan.

“Guk and I both agreed that we would raise our children to not be afraid to express who they are, no matter what the world says. Even if it means dressing up as the cutest princess ever.” Himchan said the last part as he pinched one of Youngjae's chubby cheeks.

The ahjumma smiled. “Well I'm glad. I hope more parents are like you two.” She gave each of the boys their favorite candies. She always had their candies ready and waiting for them whenever they came by the store.

“If you'll excuse us,” Yongguk said as he took the candy that the ahjumma offered him. “We have a Halloween party to get these kids to.”

They all said their goodbyes to the ahjumma and continued to walk to the party. Yongguk had grabbed Daehyun's hand and had the boy walk next to him, away from Youngjae. He was telling his eldest how it wasn't nice to call his brother stupid, how it was okay for Youngjae to dress like a princess, and that girls weren't stupid.

“I should take you home for what you said to Youngjae.” Yongguk told his eldest. Daehyun looked up at his Appa, wide eyed and worried that his Appa would do what he said. “But if you promise to behave and not make fun of Youngjae, then I won't take you home.”

“I'll behave Appa!” Daehyun said.

“And you won't make fun of Youngjae?” Yongguk asked.

“I won't make fun of JaeJae!” Daehyun nodded.

“Promise?” Yongguk asked his eldest.

“Promise!” Daehyun stopped walking and stuck out his pinky from his free hand. Yongguk hooked his pinky around his sons and brought his thumb forward so that he could touch Daehyun's thumb. Daehyun turned to the direction the rest of his family, who were still walking. “I'm sorry Youngjae!” Yongguk smiled as Daehyun let go of his hand and ran to his younger brother.

 

“Aigoo! Youngjae, you're so cute!” One of the mothers at the party said when she saw the four year old in his costume.

When they arrived at the party, they were greeted by some of the parents that had stayed to help chaperon the children's party. Jongup and Junhong ran off to play with the kids from their daycare. Youngjae tried to run off with Daehyun to meet their friends but was stopped by some of the mothers. They couldn't help to coo over how adorably cute the boy looked in his Belle costume.

“I do have to say, Youngjae can surely pass off as a girl.” One of the mothers whispered to another mother next to her. “He's so cute!”

Youngjae brought up his index and middle finger to his eye forming a V and winked. Some of the mothers squealed at the aegyo. Even some of the dads at the party commented on how cute Youngjae was. He knew how to ham it up for the adults thanks to his Daddy teaching him how. He wanted to get as much candy as he could and what better way to do that than to turn up the aegyo a bit?

“Can I go play with my friends now?” Youngjae asked his Daddy.

“Of course you can.” Himchan said.

Youngjae smiled and ran off to where Daehyun and their friends were playing. Daehyun, along with Jimin, Taehyung, Hongbin and Wonsik, were playing with each other as the character they were dressed as.

“Hi guys!” Youngjae said when he stopped in front of them. The four boys stopped playing and looked at Youngjae.

“Who's the girl?” Wonsik asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Guys, it's me Youngjae.” Youngjae smiled at them. Their eyes widened when they realized that it was in fact Youngjae.

“Youngjae you're so pretty.” Hongbin said. He smiled so big at his friend that his dimples showed.

Taehyung nodded. “Yeah Youngjae, you're really pretty. I thought you were a girl.”

Jimin walked in front of Youngjae and grabbed his hand. “JaeJae let's go play by ourselves.”

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed Youngjae's other hand. “No Jae's going to play with me.”

“I want to play with Youngjae too!” Hongbin cut in.

“Youngjae is going to play with me.” Wonsik tried to push Jimin and Taehyung away from Youngjae. “Don't worry Princess, I'll save you.”

“I want to be the Prince!” Hongbin tried to grab Youngjae.

“No I'm the Prince!” Taehyung said.

“Nuh uh! I am!” Said Jimin.

“How about you guys take turn in being the Prince?” Youngjae said, hoping that that would stop his friends from fighting and from pulling him around.

“Let's go!” Jimin said as he ran to the other side of the room. The other three happily followed.

Youngjae started to run with them but stopped when he noticed that someone was missing. He turned to see his older brother Daehyun in the corner where they were previously at. His head was hung low and a frown was on his face. He ran his finger up and down on the wall in front of him. Youngjae walked over to his brother.

“Daehyunnie, are you coming?” Youngjae asked. He frowned when Daehyun shook his head. “Why?”

“Because I don't wanna.” Daehyun murmured.

“What's wrong?” Yongguk asked when he got to his sons. He had been watching the group of kids from where he stood with the parents. He noticed how Daehyun's demeanor changed when the group of boys all forgot about Daehyun when they noticed Youngjae.

“Appa, Daehyunnie doesn't want to play with us.” Youngjae said when Yongguk crouched down to their level.

“Why not Daehyun?” He asked the five year old despite knowing the reason. The boy shrugged his shoulders. “Is it because your friends all wanted to play with Youngjae and not you?” Daehyun nodded.

Youngjae grabbed Daehyun's hand. “But I want to play with Hyunnie. I don't want to play if Hyunnie isn't playing with me.” Youngjae said to his older brother.

Daehyun lifted his head to look at his younger brother. “Really?” He asked. Youngjae smiled back at him, nodding. A smiled appeared on Daehyun's face when Youngjae hugged him.

“Jae why aren't you coming?” Wonsik asked when he returned to the two brothers.

Youngjae let go of his brother and turned to their friend. “Daehyunnie is going to be the Prince first or we don't play.”

Daehyun puffed out his chest. “No I'm gonna be the dragon. I'm going to make sure no one takes Princess JaeJae from me.”

 


So this was a request I got back in May from criscee for Youngjae to dress as a princess for Halloween and Daehyun making fun of him but getting jealous because all the boys want to play with Youngjae.  I changed the request a bit from Youngjae having to wear a princess costume cause it was the only thing left to Youngjae wanting to dress as a princess.  I choose Belle as the princess to dress him up as because she's my favorite Disney princess.

I think from now on when I'm doing a request, I'll acknowledge who sent it and what the exact request was.  Because I do like when I get requests from you guys and want to acknowledge you.  

As of right now, I have 7 requests from you guys (and a lot of requests from myself).  So please keep them coming!  Send me a request you want to see.  Do you want to see the babies in a certain situation or do you want to see Appa and Daddy in a certain situation?  Let me know.  (Like a Christmas one...)

Subscribe if you haven't already, comment and upvote!

Til next time lovelies~

And Happy Halloween~