Playground Confessions

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 5
Youngjae 5
Jongup 4
Junhong 2

Playground Confessions

“Thank you.” Himchan grabbed the cup of hot coffee from Yongguk's hand as his husband sat down on the park bench next to him.

“Where are the boys?” Yongguk asked.

It was a lovely spring afternoon, the first one of the year after the brutal winter. Yongguk and Himchan had to admit that they were really thankful that it was finally nice enough to bring their sons to the park's playground. Their sons were very restless and eager to come to the park and play with all the kids that were out there. It was nice break for Yongguk and Himchan.

“Junhong is in the sandbox with Jongup, Youngjae is in line for the slide and Daehyun, well he has his own entourage over there.” Himchan nodded over to their eldest son who was surrounded by a couple of girls.

Yongguk whistled. “We have a ladies man on our hands.”

“Seems like it.” Himchan laughed before taking a sip of his coffee.

“Yongguk. Himchan” The couple turned to see one of the mothers from their apartment building walking towards them with her daughter in tow. Her daughter ran off to the direction of the slide when her mother let go of her hand. “Boram, be careful! You don't want to dirty your new designer coat.”

“Hello, Sujeong.” Yongguk greeted the mother.

“Sujeong.” Himchan murmured before sipping his coffee. He got a slight nudge from his husband for the cold greeting he gave their neighbor.

To say that Himchan didn't like his neighbor Sujeong would be the understatement of the century. Ever since she had moved into the building, there was something about her that Himchan didn't like. He just didn't know what until she opened and started to speak. Sujeong would speak as if she was better than everyone around her while making back handed remarks whenever she could. She would constantly flaunt her “wealth” around which made Himchan think she was just talk. What was the last straw for Himchan was how Sujeong commented on his former modeling career, saying that the reason why Himchan wasn't modeling anymore was because his looks weren't impressing anyone in the modeling world.

Yongguk had to physically restrain Himchan that day by covering his mouth and holding him back.

“It's such a lovely day, isn't it?” Sujeong smiled at Yongguk.

“It is. The boys couldn't wait for it to be warm enough to come to the park.” Yongguk said, ignoring the fact that he could feel Himchan's glare burning a hole in the back of his head.

“We just got back from Hawaii so Boram wasn't as eager to come out here. She told me she would rather play on the beaches of Hawaii but I told her that she needs to come and play with the kids here. She needs to learn to be around normal children.” Sujeong said.

“It must have been so hard for you to say that to her without using the word commoner.” Himchan muttered as he looked at his children playing.

“Hawaii must have been really nice.” Yongguk said quickly after Himchan's comment.

“Oh it was!” Sujeong placed her hand delicately on her chest. “Hyunwoo and I really want to buy a vacation home there.”

“I hope that home is on one of the volcanoes.” Himchan commented.

Sujeong smiled over at Himchan. “You would have loved it there, Himchan. Although, I think you still need to lose some of your winter weight.”

Himchan felt his eye twitch at the comment about his weight. He turned to Sujeong and smiled back at her. “At least I have a hot husband that loves me unconditionally no matter how I look. I don't have to work for my love.”

Sujeong cleared before throwing her hand up to wave at another group of mothers at the park. “Yuri! Minjung!” She made her way to the other mothers without saying another word to them.

“I think I can see the steam coming from her ears.” Yongguk chuckled.

“God, she's so fake! Does she really think that I can't tell that her entire outfit is made up of knockoffs? And Hawaii! Please. I bet you she hasn't even left country before.” Himchan said as Sujeong walked away. “I don't know how you can talk to her without calling her out on her fakeness.”

“I only talk to her cause the kids like playing with Boram.” Yongguk wrapped his arm around Himchan's shoulder. “Besides, her husband is hot when he's not talking.”

“Yeah, he is but he's a so I guess they belong together.” Himchan said before taking a sip of his coffee.

“Hey isn't that Youngjae with Boram?”

Himchan looked over to where Youngjae was next to the slide. Boram was standing next to him as both children talked. For having a mother and father like Sujeong and Hyunwoo, Boram was a really sweet and polite child, she didn't have any of her parents personality. She went to the same school as Daehyun and Youngjae so the two boys knew Boram even before she moved into the same building they were in. The little girl held something out to Youngjae that Himchan couldn't really see. Youngjae took it and smiled at her before being caught off guard when Boram quickly kissed him on the lips.

A low drawn out 'No' escaped Himchan's lips. The fact that Youngjae just had his first kiss wasn't what Himchan was objecting about, it was the fact that it was the daughter of his enemy. If Sujeong wasn't Boram's mother Himchan's reaction would be completely different. He hoped that Sujeong hadn't seen it but by the gasp coming from the direction the group of mothers were, something told Himchan that she had seen. The last thing he wanted to do today was get in a fight with Sujeong on the playground in front of everyone but if she even makes a negative comment about Youngjae or any of his other sons, Himchan was ready to throw down.

“. Does that mean that we have to treat Sujeong like an in-law?” Yongguk asked.

“I'll die first before treating her as such.”

 


Oh hey, why would you look at that I've written a new drabble!  Honestly I had a different thought when I started to write this.  I was gonna focus more on Youngjae's interaction with Boram not the parents but once I started to write Himchan and Sujeong going at it, I just couldn't stop.  This was just too good to not write it.

Hopefully I can get back into a groove of updating as frequently as I used to but I'm making no guarantees. (And yes I know I missed the 4th Anniversary drabble. I just don't know what Yongguk and Himchan would do on their 4th wedding anniversary.)  The writer's block is real when it comes to this series.  I know I say this a lot but I'm open to suggestions for future drabbles.  

Subscribe and upvote if you haven't and leave me your lovely comments down below.

Til next time lovelies~