Their First Meeting

Life As We Know It

Yongguk age 20
Himchan age 20

Their First Meeting

Himchan cursed as he walked up another flight of stairs. He continued to climb up to the floor that he was told to go to find the person he was looking for. He had never been in the modern music building on the campus. Being a traditional music major, he spent most of his time in the traditional music building. There was never a need for him to enter this building until now.

He stepped onto the 5th floor and looked around. He walked down the corridor that he was directed to. He walked past practice room after practice room, not finding the room he was looking for. He walked up and down the halls of the floor but without finding the room.

“Um, excuse me.” He said to one of the staff in the building. “Where is the music engineering rooms?” He asked politely.

“They’re downstairs in the basement.” The older male said.

“Thank you.” Himchan bowed before walking down the flight of stairs that he had climbed not too long ago. He was sure to kill the person that told him to come up to the 5th floor.

 

Yongguk ruffled his wavy black hair. Normally he wouldn’t have let his hair grow out this long but he had been so consumed with school that he didn’t have the time or energy to get a haircut. Although he wasn’t complaining about how long it had gotten. He actually liked it.

He ran his hand through his hair, pushing it back so that he could slip his snapback on backwards. He adjusted himself in his seat as he rolled his shoulders back. He looked down at the blank paper in front of him. He grabbed the pen in front of him and placed the tip on the paper. He stared and waited from something to come to him but it didn’t.

For the first time Yongguk couldn’t think of anything to write down. He had never had any difficulties writing lyrics before. Until this very moment. He even secluded himself in his favorite studio on the campus. The studios, or mock studios as they were called, were anything but big. Two people could barely fit in the room thanks to all the equipment. But it was plenty of room for Yongguk to come and work on the music he wanted to. He practically stayed in the room whenever he didn’t have class. There were even times when he ended up sleeping on the music boards. But he knew that all this work would pay off in the long run.

Yongguk groaned out loud as the words refused to come to him. He rested his head on the blank paper as he groaned more. He closed his eyes in hopes that it'll help. He couldn't believe that his mind was blank, without any thoughts or ideas. Nothing that sparked his interest, that begged for him to write. His muse seemed to be taking a day off and the last time he checked, he didn't approve this day off.

He lightly banged his head on the paper. Writer's block was a .

Yongguk didn't bother to lift his head when he heard the door to the studio open then close. He heard a deep, raspy male voice murmur something about whether or not he was in the right place. Yongguk wondered if the boy would just leave if he stayed completely still and pretended to be asleep.

“Um...excuse me.” The boy called out. He heard the boy huff. “It's probably not Yongguk anyways.”

Yongguk's ears perked when he heard his name. He was curious as to why someone was looking for him. He began to stir from his so called slumber. He was taken aback when he opened his eyes. He wasn't expecting to see the person in front of him. The raven haired boy in front of him was...really cute. His pale skin, fox liked eyes, long nose, high cheekbones, heart shaped lips; definitely not what he had expected.

“Sorry to wake you but I'm looking for a Bang Yongguk. Do you by any chance know him and where I can find him?” The boy asked.

Yongguk just stared at the boy in front of him. The voice. The face. It didn't match. He snapped out of his train of thoughts when he noticed that the other boy had become completely uncomfortable with the awkward silence.

“I'm Yongguk actually.” He said.

“Oh thank god.” The boy sighed in relief as he sat on the empty seat next to him. “You have no idea how hard it was for me to find you. I've been walking up and down this entire building trying to find these studios. Why are these studios so hard to find anyways?” The boy puffed out his cheeks and Yongguk was pretty sure that it was the cutest thing he had ever seen.

“Anyways, I've been looking for you.” The boy continued his rambling. “I'm part of the student committee that is working on the big school festival and they put me in charge of the music. And I had heard on campus that you were a composing genius. So I figured that I would come and ask for your help on this.”

“Help?” Yongguk raised his eyebrow.

The boy nodded. “Yeah. I want to compose a piece of music that can showcase both the Traditional Korean Music program and the Western Music program. Like, fuse both of them into one big masterpiece. And I figured since I'm a Traditional Korean Music major that can play a variety of instruments and you – I'm assuming you're a Western Music major – we could make something great. I've talked to the head of the music departments and they told me that if we do a good job then they will give us credit for the work. So what do you think? Will you help?” The boy smiled, hoping that it would help persuade him.

Yongguk blinked as he stared at the boy in front of him. The cute boy with the voice of a trucker was asking him for his help. Meaning that they would be working together for months until the festival. And who knows, maybe they'll get close during that time. And the extra credit wouldn't hurt either.

“Yeah, okay. I'll help.” Yongguk nodded.

A big smile spread across the boy's face, revealing his bunny teeth and an eye dimple. “Thanks so so much! You have no idea how much this means to me.”

Yongguk couldn't help but smile. “Don't thank me yet. We haven't created a masterpiece yet.”

“I just realized that I haven't introduced myself yet.” The boy blushed from embarrassment. “I'm Himchan. Kim Himchan.”


Comment, upvote and subscribe if you haven't already!

Til next time lovelies~