Date Night

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 4 years old
Youngjae 3 years old
Jongup 2 years old
Junhong 1 year old

Date Night

“Look Junhong! Appa looks like Santa.” Daehyun pointed at the white foam on Yongguk’s chin. The boy giggled from the tub he was currently bathing in. Junhong splashed his arms in the water.

Yongguk looked over to his sons when he finished spreading the shaving cream on his chin and upper lip. He put his hands on his hips. “Ho ho ho!” He said, receiving a laugh from both his sons. He squirted some shaving cream in his hand and spread the cream on Daehyun's and Junhong's chin. He smiled. “There. Now you two look like Santa.”

“Ho ho ho!” Daehyun said.

“O.” Junhong said, trying to mimic his old brother. He tried to look down at the shaving cream on his face before sticking out his tongue to try and off the white substance.

Yongguk wiped the cream off of Junhong so that his maknae wouldn't try to eat it. He turned back to the mirror to shave off his facial hair. He guided the razor up his neck and over his chin, rinsing the razor after every .

“Appa why you shave?” Daehyun asked.

“Well that's because your Daddy doesn't like it when Appa has hair on his face.” Yongguk said as he continued to shave. “And I need to look good for your Daddy tonight.”

“Why?” Daehyun asked as he wiped off his shaving cream.

“Because we're going out on a date.” Yongguk wiped off the cream that was still on his face as he finished removing his facial hair. “Which means that Uncle Yongnam is coming over to take care of you and your brothers. So I need you guys to behave.”

Daehyun nodded. “Okay Appa.”

“Now come on. Let's get you two out of this bath, dried and changed.”

 

Himchan looked into the mirror and held up the two shirts in his hands. He moved the black button down shirt in front of him before bringing the other hand up so that the dark purple and black button down shirt was in front of him. He furrowed his brows as he continued to repeat this motion.

He turned around. “Which one do you like?” He asked his sons on the floor.

Youngjae stopped playing with his toys and looked up. He furrowed his brows looking between both of the shirts in his Daddy's hands. He pointed the shirt. “I like the black one.”

Jongup walked over to Himchan. He reached to grab the hem of the purple and black shirt. “This one Umma.”

Himchan pouted. “You guys were supposed to pick the same one for me.” He turned back to the mirror, staring at both of the shirts.

“Daddy, I like the black one.” Youngjae said.

Himchan turned to the door as Yongguk walked in with a dressed Junhong in his arms and a dressed Daehyun following behind him. He sighed as he put his cell phone back in his pocket.

“What's wrong?” He said to his husband.

Yongguk put Junhong down next to Youngjae. “I just got off the phone with Yongnam. Something came up at work and now he can't watch the kids.” He said down on the edge of the bed. “My parents are out of town and Natasha also has plans.”

“And my parents can't do it because there's some big gathering at the restaurant tonight.” Himchan pouted.

“I guess we'll have to cancel our date tonight. And I had something real nice planned for the date.” Yongguk threw himself back on the bed.

“Well we don't really need to cancel our date.”

Yongguk lifted his head. “You do realize that our kids aren't the best behaved when it comes to going out. I mean come on Channie, we haven't been able to take the kids to a restaurant without some kind of incident.”

“Well of course we're not going out to a restaurant. Although the thought did cross my mind about going to my parent's restaurant but with the gathering going on there, we won't have babysitters there.” He sat down next to his husband. “Why don't we just order take-out and watch a movie here? The boys will more than likely end up falling asleep during the movie so once they do, we'll have the date night then.”

 

“See I told you that they'd fall asleep during the movie.” Himchan said as he looked at his sons. Jongup slept soundly on Himchan's chest while Junhong fell asleep on Yongguk's. Daehyun fell asleep on the floor, snuggling against his Kekemato plushie while he his thumb. Youngjae fell asleep on his stomach, using his Jokomato plushie as a pillow.

“The faster we put them in bed, the faster we can really start our date.” Yongguk whispered.

“Oh?” Himchan said as he stood up from the couch they were sitting on.

“I'm thinking wine, chocolates and lots and lots kisses. And all of that will escalate to no clothing and lots of .”

Himchan snorted at his husband. “That sounds like a normal day for us.”

Yongguk followed Himchan down the hallway. “Well we can have a movie on in the background to make it more like a date if you want.”

“It won't work unless I have popcorn.” Himchan smiled.

“Fine. I'll start popping the popcorn and you put the other two to bed.”


I was planning on going somewhere else with this but this is what happened.  lol.  

Also!  If there is anything that you would like to see in future drabbles please don't be shy and leave me a suggestion.  I'm open to prompts.  Just let me know what you want and I will try my best to write it.  I already have plans to write one that was suggested to me in the last drabble.

Comment, subscribe and upvote!

Til next time lovelies~