First

Life As We Know It

Yongguk age 27
Himchan age 27

 

First

Yongguk watched as Himchan paced back and forth in the small hospital waiting room that they were in. He could see the how nervous his husband was. Despite the nerves that were building up in his own stomach with every passing minute, his composure was different than Himchan's. He sat in a chair trying to stay as calm as he could. “Chan, you're making my head spin with all of your pacing.”

Himchan ran a hand threw his hair and huffed. “I can't stay still. I'm a nervous wreck. I hate not knowing what's going on.”

“I know how you feel but pacing around isn't going to solve anything.” Yongguk stood from his seat.

Himchan stopped and looked at his husband. “What if something goes wrong Yongguk? What if there's something that has happened with the baby? What if she decides to keep the baby? What if-” Himchan stopped when Yongguk pulled him into a hug.

“Nothing like that is going to happen Himchan. Everything is going to turn out the way it's supposed to.” He said.

Himchan sighed as Yongguk's hug calmed him. “It's just that we're so close to finally having out first child, a daughter. She's almost here and I don't want anything to go wrong.”

Yongguk pulled back from the hug so that he could look into Himchan's eyes. He swiped the fringe out of Himchan's face. “And nothing will.”

“But what if the mother decides to keep the baby after she sees her for the first time? We would have came to Busan for nothing.” Tears swelled in Himchan's eyes.

Yongguk swallowed the lump in his throat. It was a fear that they both had. The mother had 48 hours to change her mind about the adoption. It was a risk that came with adopting a newborn but they knew that had to take it.

“The adoption agency said that this was a closed adoption. That the mother did not want anything to do with the baby. So there doesn't seem to be the chance that she'll change her mind but there is that possibility. And if it does happen, then it happens. There's nothing we can do about it.” He wiped the tears that were running down Himchan's face. “But we still have our surrogate. She's pregnant with our other son or daughter. So regardless of our outcome today, we're still going to have a baby.”

“Hopefully we'll have them both.” Himchan said not caring if it sounded greedy. The moment they found out that an expecting mother had chosen them to adopt the child she was carrying and that the surrogate they had contracted was also pregnant, Himchan wanted them both. He prepared himself for both. He bought two of everything despite the fact that their surrogate was due months later. “But...if she decides to keep the baby then we can't do anything about it.” He sniffled.

Yongguk kissed Himchan's forehead, then the tip of his nose before capturing his lips in a sweet and loving kiss. The kiss calmed them both. “Everything is going to work out. We just need to believe it will.” He softly said to his husband.

A soft knock pulled them from their moment. A plump middle aged woman popped her head into the room. “Yongguk-ssi? Himchan-ssi?” Himchan grabbed Yongguk's hand, squeezing it tight. “I have someone here that wants to meet you.” She opened the door and a nurse dressed in delivery scrubs walked into the room with a small bundle wrapped in a white blanket in her arms. “It's a boy.” The nurse said with a smile on her face.

Yongguk's face immediately lit up when his eyes landed on their newborn son. Fresh tears ran down Himchan's face. “What happened? We were told that she was having a girl.” Himchan asked.

“That's what we thought too. But it seemed like this little guy was too shy to expose himself during the ultrasounds.” The social worker laughed. “The doctor says that things like this happen from time to time.”

The nurse handed Himchan the baby. He carefully cradled the newborn in his arms, scared that he could break the baby. “Hi little one. I'm your Daddy.” He said softly to the newborn. More tears ran down Himchan's face when he took in his son's features. He was more than perfect to Himchan. He looked up to see Yongguk with a smile bigger than any smile he had seen on his husband before.

Yongguk's eyes were filled with tears as he stared at his son. Himchan handed him the baby. “Hi. I'm your Appa.” He said once the newborn was in his arms. “Welcome to this world. Your Daddy and I have been waiting to meet you.”

“So does this mean that the mother hasn't changed her mind?” Himchan was scared to ask such a question. Now that he had met their newborn son, there was no way that he would be able to part from the baby.

The social worker nodded. “She was very adamant about not seeing the baby. She didn't want to be persuaded to keep him knowing that she couldn't. So you may take him to Seoul with you the day after tomorrow.”

Himchan wrapped his arms around Yongguk's waist, pulling his husband closer. They shared a brief kiss before looking down at their newborn.

“Do you have a name for this little one?” The nurse asked.

Yongguk looked at Himchan, who nodded back at him. They had already picked out a name for a son and one for a daughter. Yongguk looked down at the newborn.

“Bang Daehyun.”

 


That's right, little Daehyunnie was supposed to be a girl.  A little side story to this is that Natasha is the one that made the babies their Matoki plushies.  So she had already made Kekemato pink because they all thought that the Daehyun was going to be a girl.  So when Yongguk had text his family that about Daehyun, Natasha decided that instead of making a brand new plushie that it would be faster to make a black covering for Keke.  And that is why Keke has a zipper along it's mouth because yes, she still can be undressed.

I've been waiting a month to post this one cause I wrote this one before I wrote the last drabble.  I hoped you guys like it.  A present for our Daebutt's birthday.  

Please subscribe if you haven't, upvote and comment.  I won't know if you guys love it or not if you don't comment.

And keep the request coming!

Oh and shamelss plug!  Follow me on tumblr (if you have one) amorala.  You don't have to if you don't want but you'll get update of fics and stuff.

Til next time lovelies~