Christmas Morning

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 5 years old
Youngjae 4 years old
Jongup 3 years old
Junhong 2 year old

Christmas Morning

“JaeJae.”  Daehyun whispered as he nudged his sleeping brother.”JaeJae wake up!”

Said boy let out a whiny groan as his older brother nudged him from his sleep.  “Daehyunnie?”  He pouted as his rubbed his eye.

“Wake up Youngjae.  It's Christmas!”  Daehyun threw his arms up in the air.  A big smile spread across his face when Youngjae's eyes grew wide.  The younger boy sat up on his bed.

“Christmas?”

Daehyun nodded.  “Yeah.  Now let's go and open presents!”  Daehyun grabbed his younger brother's arm and dragged him out of his bed.

Both boys hurried out of their shared room.  They ran down the hallway in their apartment and skidded to a halt in front of the Christmas tree in the living room.  Their eyes grew wide at the number of presents that were not there the night before.  Daehyun quickly sat down in front of the tree.  Youngjae looked around, noticing that no one else was awake.

“Daehyunnie, everybody is still sleeping.  We're going to get in trouble if we open presents without them.”  Youngjae said to his brother who was busy looking through the presents.  “What if Santa takes the presents back?”

Daehyun stopped the search for the presents with his name on it.  He looked up at his brother who was now biting his nails.  “Santa can't take the presents back!”  He stood up and grabbed Youngjae.  “Let's go wake everyone!”

Youngjae nodded and followed his older brother to the maknae's room.  They slowly opened the door to see Jongup and Junhong still sleeping.  Daehyun quickly ran to Jongup's bed and nudged his sleeping brother.

“Guppie!  Guppie!  Wake up it's Christmas!”  Jongup whined as Daehyun nudged him awake.  “Jongup wake up!  Santa came and brought us presents!”  He now opened his eyes when he heard “Santa” and “presents”. 

Youngjae went to Junhong and kissed his chubby cheeks before pinching them lightly.  Youngjae always liked how Junhong and him were the only ones with the big chubby cheeks.  He would always kiss Junhong's cheeks even when Junhong would push him away.

“Junnie~”  He cooed.  “Junnie wake up.  We need to go open our presents.  It's Christmas Junnie!”  Junhong furrowed his eyebrows as he was being disturbed from his slumber.  Youngjae quickly sat on his bed and took Junhong in his arms when Junhong's whines started to turn into cries.  “Shh.  Junnie, it's me JaeJae.  Don't cry.”

Youngjae went to kiss Junhong's cheek again when Junhong turned his head.  “JaeJae no.”  He whined.  He opened his eyes to see his other brothers awake and looking at him.

“Junnie come on.  Santa left us a lot of presents!”  Daehyun grabbed Junhong's hand.

“Here Junnie, Toto.”  Jongup grabbed the Totomato plushie that ended up on the floor while they slept.  Junhong grabbed his plushie and wiggled his way out of Youngjae's hold.

“Let's go wake up Appa and Daddy.”  Daehyun said before running out of the room with his brothers following behind him.

“Daehyunnie wait!”  Youngjae said as Daehyun grabbed the doorknob to their parent's room.  “Appa said we have to knock when the door is closed.”

Daehyun knocked.  They all listened to hear if there was any sound coming from the other side.  “I think they're still sleeping.”  Daehyun said when there was no noise.  “Come on.”  He turned the doorknob and all four of them burst into the room.

“Merry Christmas!”  They all yelled at their sleeping parents.

Daehyun and Youngjae helped the younger two on the bed before climbing on the bed themselves.  Junhong tried to come between their parents who were still snuggling against each other.  Jongup jumped on the bed a little while the older boys started to nudge their parents.

“Okay, okay.  We're up.”  Yongguk laughed as his sons continued.  He rolled himself onto his back, breaking the hold he had on Himchan.

“Jonguppie stop jumping on the bed.”  Himchan said as he rolled over.

Jongup grabbed Himchan's hand.  “Santa came!”

“Oh did he now?”  Himchan sat up.  He grabbed Jongup and pulled him in his lap.

“Appa, Daddy come on!  Let's go open the presents!”  Daehyun whined.

 

Yongguk and Himchan watched from the couch as their sons turned their living room into a graveyard of bows and wrapping paper.  As eager as Daehyun was, he more than happily accepted the job of handing out the presents.  One present right after the other was ripped open.  Junhong, still being in the stage where everything he liked was his, cried and whined whenever one of his brothers received a present that he liked.  He only stopped when he was given a present of his own.

Himchan sighed as he snuggled further into Yongguk's hold.  Yongguk sat his tea down on the side table before grabbing Himchan's coffee from his hand and setting it down next to his tea.  He unwrapped the arm that was around Himchan's shoulder.  Himchan watched as Yongguk reached underneath the couch.  Yongguk's eyebrow furrowed when he couldn't find the object he was looking for.

“Bbang?” 

Yongguk moved off of the couch and knelt in front of the couch.  He lowered his head to the ground so he could see through the crack.  Yongguk stopped his search when he found what he was looking for.  He smiled when he pulled the object out from underneath.  Himchan started laughing when Yongguk raised his hand and dangled some mistletoe.

“I thought you were looking for another present for me.”  Himchan lightly smacked Yongguk's arm when he sat next to him again.

“But we exchanged our presents to each other last night.”  Yongguk said.  He moved the hand that was still over his head so that the mistletoe was in eyesight.  “I just wanted to kiss you underneath some mistletoe.” 

Himchan snorted.  “What am I going to do with you?”

“You're gonna kiss me, that's what.”  Yongguk smiled at his husband, full gums and all.

Himchan briefly smiled at him before granting his husband the kiss that he wanted.  It was loving and sweet; not too long but not too short.  Himchan snuggled against Yongguk's side when they broke the kiss.  Yongguk wrapped his arm around Himchan's shoulder before handing him his coffee once again.  He kissed Himchan's temple.  They both smiled at the sight of how happy their sons were with the presents that Santa had gave them, even though they were the ones that did all the shopping and placed the presents underneath the tree.  But they would never tell their sons that.  They wanted their sons to think that Santa was real for as long as they could.


Late Christmas drabble for you guys.  Hoped you liked it.  I haven't really been home the past few days and if I have, I've been sleeping.  So I just now got around to writing this. 

I hope you guys had a wonderful holiday.  Hope you guys got lots of presents (unlike me who got none).

Don't forget to leave me suggestions on future drabbles.

Comment, subscribe and vote!

Til next time lovelies~