Appa & Daddy Time

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 3
Youngjae 3
Jongup 2
Junhong 5 months

Appa & Daddy Time

“We need to have tonight.” Himchan said to his husband after they broke from their “hello” kiss. Yongguk had just walked into their apartment, returning from work to be greeted by his sons and his husband.

Yongguk raised an eyebrow. “Why, are we ovulating? I thought we agreed that we weren't going to get pregnant anytime soon.” He said to his husband, chuckling.

“Guk, I'm serious. When was the last time we were able to have ?” Himchan asked as he picked up one of the many toys on the floor.

“It hasn't been that long. I mean we did it...” Yongguk scratched his chin and furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to rack his brain. A long pause came after that.

Himchan turned to face his husband. “The fact that it's taking you this long to answer proves my point. We've been so busy lately with work and the kids that we've been too tired to actually do anything. We fell asleep the last time we tried, remember?”

Yongguk scratched the back on his neck. “Ah yeah...I remember now. It has been a while.”

“We're going to have to start scheduling from now on.” Himchan scrunched up his nose. “And I'd rather not be one of those couples that has to schedule . It feels so...forced.”

Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan's waist from behind, pulling him into his chest. “Don't worry Channie. We're just in a rut right now. We'll get over it.”

Himchan leaned into Yongguk's hold, resting his head on his husband's shoulders. “We haven't even had Date Night since we adopted Junhong. I've missed you. All of you.”

“Well we're just going to have to change that.” Yongguk said, kissing Himchan's temple. “Why don't you say we get a sitter for tonight so you and I can have that long deserved Date Night?”

“Tonight? It's too short of a notice for anyone to come and sit for us.” Himchan shook his head.

“Okay, then we'll get one for the entire weekend.” Yongguk said as he gently rocked the both of them.

“Appa!” Youngjae ran to his parents with a paper in his hands and a smile on his face. “JaeJae draw this!” He held out the paper so that both of his parents could see his drawing of scribbles all over the paper.

“Wow!” Both Yongguk and Himchan said at the picture their son drew.

“That's really a good picture Youngjae!” Yongguk said causing the toddler's smile to grow bigger.

A high pitched cry was heard from Junhong's playpen causing Himchan to check the clock. “Someone must be hungry.”

Yongguk unwrapped his arms from Himchan and walked to the playpen. “I got it.” He picked up the baby and headed for the kitchen to make him a bottle.

Himchan's eyes widened when he saw Jongup with a pen in his hands scribbling on the wall. He ran over to his son. “Jongup, no! You don't write on the wall!”

 

“Youngjae stop jumping on your bed! Daehyun! Come back here!” Yongguk yelled at his eldest son as the boy ran out of his bedroom without his shirt on.

It was bedtime and Yongguk found himself with the job of putting the two eldest to bed while Himchan took care of the maknaes. They normally took turns on which parent would be in charge of which room whenever they both were at home for bedtime. There were times when Himchan had the job to put all four of them to bed by himself because Yongguk was busy in the studio. He felt bad for his husband on those days knowing very well just how rowdy their sons could get, especially when it came to bedtime.

“Youngjae. Down. Now.” Yongguk said as the toddler continued to jump. “Keep it up and there will be no bedtime story.”

The idea of going to bed without a bedtime story made Youngjae stop immediately. The toddler sat on top of his bed, pouting. Yongguk walked out of the bedroom to see Himchan ushering Daehyun out of the maknae's room.

“Jongup was just falling asleep before Daehyun came in and woke him up.” Himchan told his husband.

“Come on, Daehyun.” Yongguk grabbed Daehyun's hand.

“But I want to play with Uppie.” Daehyun pouted.

“Now is not the time to play. You need to go to sleep.” Yongguk said as he ushered his son into his bedroom. “Now put on your shirt and crawl into bed so I can read you guys a story.”

“I want to sleep in JaeJae's bed.” Daehyun said as he got into Youngjae's bed.

Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows and frowned. “No. You kick me.”

Daehyun looked at his younger brother and pouted. “Aw, please Youngjae.”

“No.” Youngjae nudged his older brother with his foot, pushing him closer to the edge of the bed. “Get off.”

“Youngjae stop pushing your brother.” Yongguk said as he walked over to the bed with Daehyun's pajama shirt in his hands. He plopped it over Daehyun's head and the toddler raised his arms in the air so that he could slip them into the long sleeves. “Now go to your own bed.”

“But I want to sleep with JaeJae.” Daehyun started to cry causing Yongguk to close his eyes and sigh.

Yongguk sat down on the floor in front of Youngjae's bed. “Daehyun, Youngjae doesn't want to share his bed with you today.”

“JaeJae mean!” Daehyun said between his cries.

“Maybe Youngjae will let you sleep in his bed tomorrow. Is that okay?” Yongguk asked.

“No! Today!” Daehyun said crying louder.

Yongguk sighed, he grabbed and pulled Daehyun to sit in his lap. The crying toddler buried his face into his Appa's chest and cried. “Youngjae, can your brother sleep here today?”

Youngjae looked back at his Appa and brother, pouting. He liked his hyung but Daehyun liked to kick in his sleep and he doesn't let Youngjae sleep. “No.” He said.

“Youngjae...” Yongguk sighed. He didn't know what to do. He ran his hand up and down his son's back. “How about you stay in Appa's lap while I read the bedtime story and then we'll ask Youngjae if you can sleep in his bed?” He smiled when Daehyun nodded.

He shifted so that he could get comfortable, resting against the wall. He was able to reach for Daehyun's Kekemato plushie and gave it to his son, who had now stopped his crying and was his thumb. He grabbed the storybook that he pulled out from the bookcase earlier. He shifted Daehyun in his lap so that he could easily read the book. Youngjae crawled under the sheet and cuddled next to his Jokomato plushie.

Yongguk didn't realize that he had fallen asleep while reading the book until Himchan was taking a sleeping Daehyun out of his lap and tucking him into his own bed. Yongguk yawned as he stretched out his limbs before standing up.

“You must have been really tired if you fell asleep while reading the story.” Himchan said after they walked out of their eldest sons' room, closing the door behind them.

“Just a little power nap so I can be re-energized for what's to come.” Yongguk wrapped his arms around Himchan's waist and pressed his chest flush against his husband's back. He kissed along the crook of Himchan's neck causing soft mewls to come from his husband.

Himchan got out of Yongguk's hold and turned around to face Yongguk. He smiled playfully at his husband. “Not here Gukkie, they'll hear us. Plus, you need to catch me first.”

Yongguk growled as he chased Himchan down the hall into their bedroom. Himchan laughed as he turned back around to face his husband. He wrapped his arms around Yongguk's neck and kissed him passionately. Yongguk backed Himchan into the bed, falling onto it while making sure he didn't crush Himchan. Their kiss deepened, only separating to take off their shirts before lashing their lips back together.

Yongguk pulled back when his hands stopped on the waist of Himchan's pants. “Do you want to top or bottom tonight?” He asked.

Himchan whined. “At this point I don't care. As long as we get laid, I'll be happy.”

“So romantic.” Yongguk said sarcastically before kissing Himchan's collarbone. Himchan moaned when Yongguk started to on his flesh, marking his fair skin. Yongguk's hand sneaked under Himchan's sweatpants.

“Appa, what you doing to Daddy?” Daehyun asked from the threshold, holding his Kekemato plushie's hand and rubbing his eyes with his free hand. “Are you playing vampire?”

Himchan quickly pushed Yongguk off of him, taking his husband by surprise and cause him to fall off the other side of the bed to the floor. They were so caught up by the heat of the moment that neither of them had heard the door to Daehyun's room open, let alone realize that they had forgotten to close their own bedroom door. Himchan quickly stumbled out of bed and walked towards his son.

“Daehyun, what are you doing out of bed?” He asked.

Daehyun's bottom lip began to quiver and fresh tears started to pool in his eyes. “I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with Appa and Daddy?”

Himchan scooped his eldest into his arms and walked him to the bed. “You can sleep here with us tonight. We'll protect you from the monsters.” He kissed Daehyun's forehead.

Yongguk had already gotten up from where he landed on the floor and appeared next to Himchan. He kissed Daehyun on top of his head. Himchan lowered Daehyun onto the bed and the toddler situated himself in the middle of the bed so that he could be in between his parents.

“I'm going to ask my umma to babysit this weekend.” Yongguk said as he walked over to his side of the bed. “We're going away somewhere and definitely ending this dry spell.”

 


Daehyunnie, I love you and you're adorable but you just totally ruined the mood.

I got the idea for the first part of the drabble from a TV show then I put a BangHim twist to it.  Hoped you guys like it.

Please subscribe and upvote, if you haven't already.  And leave me your lovely comments.

Til next time lovelies~