Trick or Treat

Life As We Know It

Daehyun 4 years old
Youngjae 3 years old
Jongup 2 years old
Junhong 1 years old

Trick or Treat

“Rawr!” Daehyun raised his clothed arms in the air as he stomped around. The dinosaur head slid down his face, covering his eyes. He pushed the head back up and swiped his fringe from his face. He looked around to see his prey sitting on the floor. The little helpless Pikachu played peacefully with his brick blocks. He ran over to his prey.

“Rawr!” He scrunched up his face and raised his hands, trying to look as scary as possible.

Jongup jumped at the sight of Daehyun running over to him. He quickly stumbled to his feet and ran as Tyrannosaurus Daehyun chased after him.

“Come back here lunch! I'm going to eat you!”

Jongup cried as he ran down the hallway into his parents room, Tyrannosaurus Daehyun not far behind. “Umma!” Jongup ran into the bedroom where Himchan was putting the finishing touches to his Dracula costume. Jongup hid behind Himchan's legs.

Himchan looked down to see Jongup clinging to his pants as tears ran down his face. Seconds later, Tyrannosaurus Daehyun came running in, hands raised in the air. Jongup clinged to his pants harder. “Daehyun, stop trying to eat your brother.”

“Rawr!” Daehyun directed his roar to his daddy.

“Okay T-Rex, time to find a different prey.” Himchan picked up Jongup. “I need to put the finishing touches on this little Pikachu. Off you go.” He shooed Daehyun out of the bedroom as the tail smacked against his calf.

“Time to draw your nose and cheeks.” He said as he wiped Jongup's face. He grabbed the face paint and sat Jongup on top of the bed. “Hold still okay?” Jongup nodded. Himchan drew round red cheeks on the apples of Jongup's cheeks and a small black upside down triangle on the tip of his nose. “There. You're all done Jonguppie.”

Jongup stood up on the bed and faced the mirror. A big bright smile spread on across his face the moment he saw himself. “Pika!”

“Now go forth and shock!” Himchan put him down on the floor. He walked out of his room to have Youngjae in the robot costume that he begged Himchan to buy, run up to him.

“Daddy I need to potty.” He said as he grabbed his crotch and jumped around.

“Hold it.” Himchan picked him up and rushed him to the bathroom. He ushered Youngjae into the bathroom. He undid the costume for his son so he could use the bathroom. “Daehyun,” he popped his head out of the bathroom. “Do you need to potty?” Daehyun had mastered the toilet already but would still need to be reminded to avoid accidents.

“No Daddy.” He heard him say from where he stomped around in the living room.

“Make sure to potty before we leave okay.”

“Okay Daddy.”

“Don't worry I'll make sure he uses the bathroom before we leave.” Yongguk appeared from the maknae's bedroom with Junhong in his arms.

“Thanks.” He said as he helped Youngjae put his costume pants back on. “Youngjae wash your hands.” He stopped the toddler from running out of the bathroom.

“Okay.” Youngjae stepped up on the step stool in front of the sink and the faucet before pumping some hand soap on his hands. After he washed his hands and turning off the faucet he stepped off of the stool and he quickly patted his hands on the towel hanging from the bathroom wall before running out to play.

“Youngjae, dry your hands properly!” Himchan nagged his son. He sighed as he walked out of the bathroom. He grabbed Junhong from Yongguk's arms. The baby was dressed in a green frog costume. “Where's his beanie?”

“Right here.” Yongguk handed him the matching green beanie with two big eyes on it. “He didn't want it on. He kept taking it off.”

Himchan pouted at the baby. “Junhonggie~” The baby stopped on his fist and laughed at his daddy.

“I thought your costume was going to be a y one.” Yongguk said to his husband.

“I'm wearing the y one later at the party. I can't be y when we're going to ask for candy with the kids.” Himchan set Junhong down next to where Jongup was playing with his blocks.

“Good point.”

“Where's your costume?” Himchan asked as he walked into the kitchen. He went straight to the closest lower cabinet, rummaging through it.

“This is my costume.” Yongguk showed off the long black robe that draped over his body.

Himchan paused his search and looked back up at his husband. “You can't be serious.”

“I'm the Grim Reaper.” Yongguk said. “Minus the scythe.”

“You waited until the last minute to go to the costume store and this was the best choice wasn't it?”

Yongguk sighed. “It was either this or some kind of pink bird.”

“See,” Himchan pulled out the four buckets he was looking for. “This is why you shouldn't have waited until the very last minute to get your costume.”

“I know, but I was busy and I kind of forgot.”

“Yongguk you were supposed to be a prince this year.” Himchan handed him two buckets. “Prince and the frog.”

“I know I'm sorry Channie.” He pouted. Himchan was the only one that was able to see this cute side of him. He had been trying to get comfortable with it over the years since he'd first met Himchan. He knew just how much Himchan loved seeing this side of him and what effect it had on him.

Himchan sighed. He wrapped his arms around his husband's slender waist as he placed a kiss on his lips. “There's nothing we can do about it now. I take it that this is what you're going to wear for the party later?”

“I don't have anything else now do I?” He wrapped his arms around his husband's waist.

“You know I do have that y maid outfit that just might fit you.” Himchan wiggled his eyebrows. “The skirt will accentuate your legs.” He teased.

“You're not talking about...” Himchan nodded. “No.”

“Ah come on.” Himchan pouted. Showing Yongguk just how exactly it was done.

“Not a chance.” Yongguk pecked Himchan's lips before letting his husband go. “I'm not wearing that in public.”

“So you'll wear it for me later?” Himchan followed his husband out of the kitchen.

Yongguk picked his youngest up off the floor. “We should go. Don't want to be late.” He said, trying to change the subject.

An idea popped into Himchan's head. “Why don't we have a little game? If my team gets more candy than yours, then you'll have to go to the party wearing the maid outfit underneath that black robe.”

“And if I win?”

Himchan shrugged. “I don't know. I'm not planning on losing.”

“If I win, you'll wear the maid outfit to the party.” Yongguk smirked.

“Deal.” Himchan agreed knowing very well that Yongguk would never let him out in public in the maid outfit. He grabbed Junhong from Yongguk's arms. “I'm taking Youngjae and Junhong with me. You can take Daehyun and Jongup.”

“Alright. Let the games begin.”

 


I think we all know who lost the bet thanks to the Matoki Castle event.  Heeheehee.  Yongguk sure does look good in that maid outfit.

I wrote this because of those pictures.  I don't know if trick or treating is something that's done in Korea but it's something that's done here so I figured why not.

Happy Halloween lovelies!