Pillow Talk

Life As We Know It

Daehyun age 3
Youngjae age 2
Jongup age 1
Junhong 6 months


Pillow Talk

If anyone had seen him right now they would think that he was a burglar sneaking into an unsuspecting victim’s apartment.  The truth is, it was 2:30 in the morning and Yongguk just came home after a long and tiresome day at the recording studio to a dark, silent apartment.  In order not to wake the sleeping souls he walked through the apartment as quiet as he could.  He stops in front of an open door and smiles when his eyes fall on two sleeping souls resting soundly.  He walks another room to check on the others sleeping in there.

When he gets to the master bedroom, he opens the door slowly.  A big smile spreads across his face when his eyes rest on a sleeping Himchan.  Himchan was on his side, the covers pulled up to his chin.  Yongguk walked to Himchan's side of the bed and bent down to pick up the book that his husband fell asleep to.  His eyes ran over Himchan’s face.  The light that came from the lamp that rested on top of the nightstand accentuated the soft features from the sleeping man.

Yongguk changed into a wifebeater and sweatpants before he crawled under the covers.  He snuggles up to his husband, snaking his arm around his waist and underneath his shirt.  He burrows his face into the back of Himchan's neck, inhaling his scent.  An annoyed groan came from Himchan.

“You're cold.”  He whined as he tried to wiggle his way from Yongguk's grip.

“But you're warm.”  Yongguk said, kissing the back of Himchan's shoulder.

Himchan sighed.  “So how was your day?”  Himchan still kept his eyes closed but listened to every word his husband would say.

“Tiring.  I think we spent a good 5 hours recording one song.”

“The rookie girl group right?”  Himchan asked.

“Yeah.  But the good news is that the album is almost done so I'll have some free time coming up soon.  Hopefully it'll be around the time you're on your holiday break then we could go on that vacation we wanted.”

Himchan smiled.  “That would be nice.  It's been awhile since we've been on vacation.”

“How was your day?”  Yongguk's lips grazed Himchan's shoulder.

“Well midterms are coming up soon so you can imagine just how worried some of the students are, especially when it comes to my class.  The piece they need to play makes up for half of their grade.”  His voice still came out groggily.

“I probably would hate your class.”

“That's because you don't have the talent to play an instrument.”  Himchan teased.

“But why do I need to learn an instrument when I have you?”  He asked as he planted a kiss at the crook of Himchan’s neck.

Himchan snorted.  “You're hopeless.”

“And how were my babies today?”

“They were a handful like usual.”  Himchan chuckled.  “They're still trying to test their limits with me and see how far they can go until they get in trouble.”

“I'm glad I'm not the only one they try to do that with.”  Yongguk smiled into Himchan’s neck.

Himchan turned into Yongguk's hold so that he could look him in the eyes.  “Hi.”  He smiled at his husband.

“Hi.”  Yongguk smiled back before closing the short gap between their lips.  Even though the kiss was short, it was full of love from the both of them.

“I actually tried waiting up for you.”  Himchan said when they broke the kiss.  “I didn't do a good job.” 

Yongguk smiled.  “You know you don't have to wait up for me Channie.”

“But I wanted to.”  Himchan pouted.

“Yeah but I rather not be on your bad side when you wake up grouchy because you didn't get enough sleep.”  Yongguk chuckled at the annoyed noise that came from Himchan.

Yongguk captured his husband's lips once again, stopping Himchan from saying anything back.  He smiled into the kiss when he received a soft sigh from his husband.  Their mouths instinctively parted, tongues searching for each other.  Himchan let Yongguk take the lead as he was to his back, their lips never breaking.  He s his hand through Yongguk’s hair, deepening the kiss. 

The sound from one of their sons crying was heard from the baby monitor. 

Himchan chuckled when their lips parted.  “Our sons have impeccable timing.”

“They sure do have a sixth sense for this don't they?”  Yongguk laughed.  He stopped Himchan from wiggling his way from underneath him.  “I'll go.  I’m more awake than you are.” 

“You sure?”

“Yeah.”  He pecked Himchan's lips before getting out of bed.  “Wanna see if we can pick up from where we left off?  You know, once the little guy is fast asleep again?”  He said as he reached for the door.

“Hopefully I don't fall asleep waiting for you.”  Himchan turned to his side, watching Yongguk walk out their bedroom.  He smiled as he heard Yongguk singing to the baby from the baby monitor.  Like his son, he quickly fell asleep to the song.


Subscribe, upvote and comment~