24th Claimation

Spirit of the Wolf: Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Long chapter ahead.  Just a little NB.

+ You know how **** in my stories means like some time in the same day later? Only in this chapter, this means like a couple of days, weeks or months later.

++ If you're wondering why some of the boys are speaking in a broken language, it's because they're still toddlers so they can't really speak all properly. 

No one's POV 
1993

Kim Joonmyun never knew why the first thing he remembers from his childhood had to be him sitting alone in the orphanage called Guardian's Garden. All the other kids were always brought here but all he knows was that he had always been here. He was only 2 year old, sitting around the empty table as the other tables were occupied by the other children that didn't like him one bit. It was a normal day, boring and grey. 

"NEW KID ARRIVING!" a kid yelled as he burst through the door gaining everyone's attention. It was a thing here. Every kid always got excited to have a new kid coming in hope it would be someone older and cooler so no one would pick on them. Even Joonmyun's attention was taken in interest as he sipped on the soup that tasted like metal. As everyone ran out to take a look at the kid, Joonmyun followed, hoping it would be someone who would want to sit with him. As the kids arrived by the caretaker, they all groaned and whined in disappointment as the caretaker bend down with something cradled in her arms.

"It's just a baby, let's go unnie." "There's nothing to see, hyung."

Joonmyun's interest however was attracted to the child. Waddling through the older kids, he peered over the blanket where the supposedly unwanted baby was sleeping. The little boy had black jet-black hair and weirdly olive green-ish skin-tone. He also had some darkness under his eyes, but it wasn't all to visible for a simple glance. He looked up and tilted his head to the side at the care-taker who was only smiling back at him.

"Isn't he pretty, Joonmyun? His name is Huang Zitao and is from China. He traveled very far from home to get here." the care-taker said. Joonmyun looked down at the boy again, standing on his toes to have a better look. 

"Tao?" Joonmyun said, mispronouncing the baby's name, even spraying saliva a little bit. As if the baby heard he was being called, the baby opened his eyes and stared at the other pair that was looking down on his in curiosity. Then the child smiled, showing the teeth-less gums, making the older kid show of his eye-smile. In amusement by the actions of the child, Joonmyun exclaimed, "TAO!"

Again, the baby reacted by stuffing his fingers in the nose of the older boy.

1994

Joonmyun was now 3 years old as his new friend; Zitao was at the age of 1. Eating was now not lonely for Joonmyun as he had to help Zitao with eating. Even though Joonmyun was alone 1 hour during free-play, it was much funnier with the kid Joonmyun decided to call Tao duo to his mispronouncing of the Chinese name. However, it was only 1 hour as said since that's all the 1 year old needed to be exposed to his real culture. Luckily, one of the care-takers here was Chinese so Tao would learn both Chinese and Korean. 

"HYUNG!" Tao shouted in despair as he came running up to the older boy, tears visible in his eyes. Joonmyun's head snapped up and eyes widened at the sight of kids at least 3 years older than himself were running after the baby-boy. The toddler finally reached his hyung as he hid behind him and gripped into his shirt. 

"Come here, you brat!" one of the older boys shouted. Joonmyun didn't know where that kid had learned such a foul language at a young age. He snapped out of his thoughts as he spread his arms, protecting the 1 year old from the boys. The older boys glared at Joonmyun, but the boy didn't seem fazed, "Hey, move away so we can beat him!"

"What Tao do?" Joonmyun asked the little boy as he turned his head a little. The boy only sobbed before looking at him with huge, teary eyes. 

"Tao fall!" the toddler answered as the other kids growled.

"Yes, 'Tao fall' and ripped my shirt!" the elder boy hissed, pointing at his blue t-shirt where a rip indeed was. But it wasn't big, really. A baby's finger could barely go through it, Joonmyun thought. The older kids smirked before crowding around the two younger boys, "And he needs to pay for it so move away!"

Joonmyun didn't move, only standing in front of Tao, arms out wide. The older boys raised a brow before grinning, "As you wish."

As the boys moved forward, Joonmyun quickly turned around, threw his arms around the younger boy and pressed him close. A foot hit Joonmyun’s sides making him wince, however, he still stood still, protecting his brother from any harm. Like he would always do. He was going to be the guardian, risking his health to protect the ones he loves.

And there is where the boy gained the name Suho which happened to mean 'guardian'.

1995

Maybe older and scary wasn't exactly what the kids wanted any more after meeting the newest boy. They said that he was an alien since he was speaking in a weird way. Suho and Tao held into their bowls of stew as they moved towards the table they always sat on only to find it occupied. The boy sitting on their table had the bowl of stew placed in front of him, a spoon in his hand but he didn't eat. He only sat there and stared at the food. Joonmyun and Tao glanced at each other before stopping by the table. Suho put on a smile as Tao hid behind him, feeling shy for meeting new people. 

"Can we sit with you?" Suho asked the new boy. The said boy looked up, meeting eyes with Suho. The boy had short, dark hair, eyes even darker in contrast with his pale skin. His jaw was sharp, just like his gaze. He answered, but just like the other kids said, in a different language. Suho had heard that language on TV before in the channel with those people with blonde hair. Tilting his head to the side, Suho couldn't help but to feel helpless and confused. The boy seemed to ponder for a while before he said something again. This time, Tao's interest seemed to spark as he looked at the scary looking boy with big eyes. Then he said something as well in what Suho guessed was the same language. Chinese. The new boy seemed to be thankful to be able to meet someone he finally understood. Tao said something again making the new boy smile softly before nodding. Unlike what the other kids told Joonmyun about the new boy not wanting to be friends with them, Joonmyun understood that it wasn't that the boy didn't want to be friends with them but because he couldn't communicate with them.

"Hyung, he say we can sit." Tao chirped as he looked up at Joonmyun with a grin. Tao still had a long way to go before he could master speaking at all, but he had come far. Suho smiled at both of them and sat down on the opposite side of the boy as Tao sat right next to the him. 

"What is your name?" Suho asked, offering a friendly smile to the new boy. The latter only stared back at him in confusion making Tao giggle at the boys. Offering to translate for his hyung, Tao said something to the new boy in the unfamiliar language. 

"Wu Yi Fan." the new boy said before saying something else. However, Suho didn't miss what he said. Wu Yi Fan. Tao looked back at Suho with a grin.

"He says his name Wu Yi Fan. He is 5 years old. He is your hyung!" Tao said with a giggle. Suho was glad Tao liked the new boy, and he himself started liking the new boy as well. Suho offered a hand to the boy.

"My name is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter