16th Claimation

Spirit of the Wolf: Claimed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun has already set and the sky had turned dark while I waited anxiously for the full-moon to show itself. The guys had already set up the tents and put in the sleeping bags, ready to sleep when they were done forcing their eyes open when they got tired. Suho had decided that those who live together will share one tent. So, guess what? I share tents with Kai! Wooooo! Not.

Sitting under a tree leaning against the trunk, I watched the boys as they sat around a campfire, feeding each other some marshmallows or chocolate. I smiled seeing Kyungsoo sing loudly while feeding the boys' noses chocolate making the boys move their necks to take a bite of what the disabled were feeding them. Kai, who was chuckling at his brothers, turned his head suddenly, locking his eyes with mine. He furrowed his eyes before grabbing something from a plate and then stood up to walk over to me. Sitting down next to me, he grabbed my hand lightly and placed the barbeque-stick in them. Smiling at my confused face, he chuckled. 

"Just thought you might have been hungry. You haven't eaten yet, have you?" he asked, and I grinned at him, wolfing on the meats. Laughing, he leaned against the tree-trunk as well, brushing his warm arm against mine in the process. Throwing away the stick, I watched as Kai looked at his hyungs with a smile, "Thank you."

Furrowing my eyebrows at his sudden thanks, I continued staring at him, "For what?"

Still not looking at me, he spoke, "For bringing us all together again, I guess. You know, after hyung's accident, we all got so hung up on who were going to take care of him when the most of us still went to school. And since our homes are split, it made it harder for any of us to meet each other. Especially since it was the last year for some of the hyungs. I guess we were too traumatized about hyung's accident that we became so worried we would lose him making us all forget that we all also had 10 other brothers to watch over. Especially now that it's our last year, no one can watch over hyung since they're all working. Even those who don't have the shift at the cafe have another part-time job. I eventually just stressed too much, I lacked sleep. I did worse in school, I just got tired all the time. It went so bad once which caused me to be sent to the hospital. But since you came and lived with us..."

"Since you lived with us, I wasn't so stressed anymore. I could sleep soundly and wake up full of energy. I got a co-worker helping me when I can't do something alone." he said softly making me smile. He turned to me and smiled heartwarming back, "So... Thank you"

Smiling, I rested my head on his shoulder, "I just do what a friend needs to do." 

"That's the thing, Luna. I'm pretty sure the guys- well I, for sure, see you as more than family" he said as he rested his head on top of mine. I smiled. 

"Thank you," I said back before I smiled to myself, "for taking me in. I was taken away from my family when I was 4. Since then I haven't had a family until now. So, thank you, Kai for being a nice jerk to let me live under your roof."

Chuckling, he nudged my arm. A moment of silence took over before Kai decided to break it, "You remember the day you first moved in? When you fainted after meeting Baek hyung?" 

I hummed in responds. He didn't say anything, probably hesitating to say it or not. Hearing him gulp, he decided to speak, "Why were you so desperate to find Baek hyung when you woke up?"

I froze. Was he serious? Moving my head so I was staring up at him, I could tell he was. Sighing, I closed my eyes. Should I tell him? What would the consequences be? I should at least tell him who I am, "Kai..."

I opened my eyes only to catch the sight of a ce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter