Mia-Lyssa

BIBIMBAP/KAWAII REVIEW SHOP ARCHIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: All I Have Is One Month

Reviewed by: exoexoexolellel

 

 

 

First impression

I definitely got introduced to an angsty vibe from glancing at your poster and background. I wasn't too sure about your grammar as you haven't capitalised the first letter of the dialogues. Nevertheless, the description got me engaged and I knew I would be really interested in your story. I'm a big er of angst.

 

Story title

To me, any title with more than three words I would think of it as unprofessional. The maximum for me would be five words and any title that has a longer length would definitely be a turn off for me. That being said, your title wasn't pretty to my eyes though the "one month" sparked curiousity in me. I'd think there are better ways to title your story but your current one is fine as it pretty much sums up your story and i is complete anyway so it will be futile to change it. 

 

Graphics

The graphics are great; aesthetically appealing and it produces the angsty feel you would want readers to experience. I definitely felt it while reading your story.

 

Description and foreword

The quotes really draw the reader in though I didn't feel the full effect of it as I'm a bit paranoid about grammar. All you have to do is capitalise the first letter of every dialogue, any new sentence and the I's and that area will be perfect. I found a typo, "dippers" should be diapers. Also, the next sentence is too long. Change some commas for periods.

Quote: "We learnt to walk and talk together, we grew up together, we started school together when we were six, we went to high school together and I was there when he fell in love for the first time, when he realized what fame and fashion was, when he got into the IN crowd and started hanging out with cooler friends, when he forgot that I even existed."

Revision: "We learnt to walk and talk together. We grew up together, we started school together when we were six and we went to high school together. I was there when he fell in love for the first time, when he realized what fame and fashion was, when he got into the in crowd and started hanging out with cooler friends, when he forgot that I even existed."

The extract that you have placed in the foreword should be in the description part as it still describes the story coming from Jin-Ah's perspective.

 

Plot / flow / originality

The plot is cliche if we look into angst stories where the character dies. As soon as you mentioned that the story would have a sad ending, I already knew the main gist of the story. However, the descriptiveness of Jin-Ah's thoughts definitely got my feelings to jump all over the place. The flow was excellent thought it was pretty simple to since your story is only four chapters.

 

Grammar

All in all, your grammar is quite good and there were only a few flaws that kept reocc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter