dreamschant

BIBIMBAP/KAWAII REVIEW SHOP ARCHIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moment of Truth by dreamschant

Reviewer : lipbalm

First Impression

It was really plain. I suggest placing the poster on the foreword/description to brighten things up a bit.

Title

The title itself sounds very dramatic. It sounds like it came out from an action movie, and I like that. Even so, when you began to see if the title is relevant to the story, it doesn't connect that well. I don't think it's the title, but rather how your story was written -- which I will get to full details later on.

Graphics

I believe the pictures used for the poster is alright, and the blending is also okay. The usage of textures is very poor, and it seems that the girl on the poster is fading away. I suggest duplicating the layer with Luhan & the girl to make them more opaque. There's also this trick, in which you duplicate the layer, and then use Gaussian Blur on the top layer and then setting it to Soft Light.

Typography is horrible. "Moment of Truth" needs a new font, and it should've been placed more to the bottom which have an empty space. The quote doesn't need to look so fancy, to be honest, but it's fine. You should learn to use stuff like shadows, glow, , etc. They will help with the typography.

What about using a background image? It can draw in readers. I suggest something with similar color scheme with your poster.

Description/Foreword

Instead of just using a couple of sentences as the description, you should actually write about it if you wnated it to be more eyecatching. The description doesn't appeal me too much. Also, there are some grammar mistakes mainly with the punctuation.

"You see him on posters, news/TV's"

"You see him on posters, news and TVs."

"He come to your dreams every night and meet him like those dramas"

"He appeared in your dreams every night and you meet him like in those dramas."

"You love him so much, but you realise that his an idol and your just a fan."

"You love him so much, but you realize that he's an idol and you're just a fan."

Realise is correct, but it is used in British spelling and seeing that the rest of your story uses American English spellings then realize is the correct one.

Plot/Flow/Originality

The plot isn't too clear as the story only has several chapters, but I think the flow is a little slow because there are chapters that I think were unnecessary. The originality isn't clear yet because as I said, there hasn't been much chapters ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter