yuu_sama

BIBIMBAP/KAWAII REVIEW SHOP ARCHIVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: BAEKHYUN, DAEHYUN & TAEYHYUN

Reviewed by: exoexoexolellel

 

 

 

First impression (4/5)

Your title kinda threw me off as I've never really encountered a title like that let alone think much of it. However, your foreword impressed me and gave me the feeling that I should prepare myself for an interesting story.

 

Story title (5/10)

As I said earlier, I've never seen a story that states the characters of the story. Personally, I don't like it. It doesn't explain the story and for me, the title didn't intrigue me. When I saw your title, I honestly thought it was going to be a story filled with so many grammatical errors and the content would be all over the place. I was proved wrong but there are far more better titles than the one you currently have.

 

Graphics (4/5)

I have to say it is quite clever to join all three names with "Hyun". I approve of that. However, should Taehyun's image be a child since that's what he is featured as in the story? 

The poster doesn't really scream out the slice of life genre but it's not that big of a deal.

The background is great like oh my god. It doesn't connect with the poster but I just love the simple picture it reaches out to me. Albet it should say "A second chance is a miracle..."

 

Description and foreword (9/10)

This part was well done and I thought this story was going to excel in grammar though I did spot a few errors. I really like how you capitalised the character's name. The information isn't brief but it doesn't reveal too much. I wouldn't mark it as the perfect amount, I'd cut a few facts here and there but it's fine to keep them.

Personally, I do like forewords that give me a picture of the character so I can get more of a feel with the story, if that makes sense.

 

Plot / flow / originality (17/20)

Romance is definitely dominating most fanfics and so I'm quite happy that you haven't really included that genre in your story. A child creating a brother bond is quite new to me and I find it really intruging. I'm a bit confused though, is Taehyung's mind in the state of an adult or an actual child?

Giving out second chances in life is an idea that require explanation and creativeness through simplicity and you've written it quite well. The flow is fluent though there is a part where the brothers have met Taehyung but the next chapter talks about the morning... what happened to Taehyung?

The characterisation is a little cliche though; two brothers, one who is goody-goody-two-shoes and the other the devil.

 

Grammar (13/20)

Reading your foreword made me think that your grammar would be excellent. It was moderately okay but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

Note; the sentences in italics are quotes from your story. The words in bold are the corrections I've made. {{Braces}} indicate paragraphs that I have rephrased.

 

I'm not sure why you leave a space between the inverted quotation mark and the starting word but it shouldn't be there.

" Taehyun..."

" What?"

" Go home, please."

"Taehyun..."

"What?"

"Go home, please."

 

"The young man turned around, still smoking leaning the back of waist against the balustrade, and stared cyni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter