Day 8 Experience

I Will Protect You ©

77.  DAY 8 PERIENCE

 

I woke up to the kids banging on our door. Puppy was still sleeping in my arms and I kissed his forehead. Gently moving him, I left the bed to pull on my t-shirt and track pants. I took the room card with me, stepped out and quickly locked the door behind me.

“Shhhhhh appa is sleeping. He is very tired from yesterday’s adventures.” I whispered to our kids. Kai and Amber were busy banging on HyukHae’s door. I called out to them, “You both, wake up Kai’s parents for a change. Leave your poor father alone Amber. After all it’s his first holiday in years.”

I finger brushed my hair before kids could comment on it. Sehun whispered to me, “Ummappa you are wearing your t-shirt inside out.”

The other three began giggling. I tried not to blush. Taking off my tee, I wore it the right way before looking at any of them again. Why did they have to grow up and become wise mouths?

I saw Amber and Kai enter Kai’s parents’ room and immediately hightail it out. They rushed to us red in the faces. I raised my brows in silent question. Kai whispered in my ear, “Omoni they forgot to lock their door. It was open so we went in and they were in bed kissing. Oh , what will Amber think of my family now?”

“Kai no bad words. I know you know them, but please do not use them in my presence.” I chastised Kai for abusing.

“I am sorry omoni. But why are appa and umma always embarrassing me? How will I face Amber now?” Kai apologized and worried in the same breath.

I looked at Amber. She was red in the face and looking at her nails.

I spoke aloud, “Okay kids that was my mistake asking you to wake them up. I should have known better. I guess I am still half asleep. I am sorry. How about you go to Minx and Amber’s room for a short while and I will wake up Puppy appa?”

They all nodded and trooped into the said room except for Amber. She hugged me tight all of a sudden. “Ummappa do you think appa and Hyukkie oppa are doing the same as Kai’s parents?” Her trembling voice told me she was near tears.

I hugged her to me and walked her into her room.

“Sehun please order milk for all of you. Those whose rooms are open, quickly brush your teeth. Duckie and Byong I will brush yours in a few minutes. Have the milk if it comes before.” I instructed the kids as I walked Amber to the room’s balcony and closed the door behind us. The kids wisely kept silent and left the two of us alone.

Sitting down in the chair, I pulled her onto my lap and hugged her again. “What were Kai’s parents doing? They were simply kissing. It is natural to kiss the person we love.” I probed gently.

She shook her head. “No ummappa, it was not a simple kiss like in the movies. They were and Taemin ajeossi was lying on top of Key umma.” She explained in a very low voice.

I wanted to kill the two at that moment. No wonder Kai knew so much about .

“Amber I am not sure if your father would want me to say this to you. But if it was Minx sitting in my lap in your place, I would tell her the same.” I kissed her head.

She nodded her understanding, at least she was not going to cry.

“There are many kinds of love. There is love between friends. There is love between sisters and brothers. There is love between parents and children. And there is love between couples. Are you with me till now?”

She nodded.

“There are different ways of expressing this love. There are hugs and kisses. Like I am expressing my love for you as a hug and kiss. Like Heechul and your appa hug and kiss you. Then there are Sehun and Minx holding hands and kissing each other’s hands. You might have seen couples kissing in movies.”

She nodded again.

I took a deep breath and continued with the most difficult part of my explanation. “When two people are in love as a couple, they display that love not only as kisses. This love is about caring and sharing and giving all you have to the person you love. This includes sharing your body. A couple in love is united in heart, mind, body and soul. When you marry the person you love, you become one. Physical love is an expression of that unity. But it should not be taken lightly. As you grow up many boys will tell you they love you and then will try to touch your body. You should refuse them till you find that one true love.”

Amber looked at me, listening carefully.

“Physical unity should not be with everyone who says ‘I love you’ to you. Many a times, boys will use the ‘love’ word without even knowing its meaning, with only one purpose in mind. To touch you only physically. A boy who really loves you will never ask you for it. He will respect you too much to take such a step lightly. The boy who respects you and is happy simply holding your hand is the one who truly loves you. Do you understand what I am saying?”

She nodded.

“I think your father is in love with Hyukkie or at least falling in love with him. Hyukkie definitely is in love with him. If they are still together when we return home, then yes they will be doing the same as Kai’s parents. Your father is not one to take such a decision lightly. None of us are. Do you know Taemin and Kibum never looked at anyone else before they were married? Siwon and Heechul fell in love with each other only. For me it was Minx’s father. We married but things went wrong. Minx and I had to leave him. And then Puppy made me fall in love with him. He made us happy again. Imo and uncle were like Minx and Sehun. One day you too will fall in love with someone. And DongHae, Puppy and Siwon will make his life hell till he proves he really loves you.”

Amber giggled at my last words. I tickled her till she was laughing uninhibitedly. I felt light as if I had weathered a great storm. I heard the milk delivered into the room.

“Should we go in now? Are you okay?” I smiled and hugged Amber once again.

She nodded smiling back at me.

I left the kids sipping on their milk and arguing over what to watch on tv. I went straight to Taemin’s room and opened the door. Closing my eyes I yelled at them, “You idiots! You left your door unlocked and the kids saw what you were doing just now. Get dressed so I can kill both of you for corrupting the children.” I banged the door shut and went to my room.

I entered the room and locked the door. Puppy was still sleeping like an angel. I didn’t want to wake him up but I couldn’t leave the kids unsupervised for too long. His lips beckoned me to kiss them. “Jagi wake up. It’s morning love. We need to dress.”

He smiled and slowly opened his eyes. He pulled me on top of him and closed his eyes again. “Hmmm yeobo I love you so much. I love so so so so very much. You are the best love in the world.”

“And I love you very much too. I learned from the master. Now wake up master Yoda. Kids cannot be left alone in their room for too long.” I wriggled out of his arms after a quick kiss and pulled him out of the bed.

He grinned at me as he went into the bathroom. I went back to our bed and located the stuff we had used last night. I quickly washed the orange thingy and the Playboy . Using the hair dryer once again I very soon had all the stuff stashed back into deep recesses of our bag, reunited with their other mates. I freshened the room by opening the balcony door a bit.

As we got ready for another day, I narrated the recent embarrassment to Puppy. He stared at me in shock and was very upset. Actually he was very angry.

“Yeobo keep all the kids away from their room from now on. What if it was Minx or Sehun or Byong or Duckie who’d entered their room? This was highly irresponsible of them.”

“Yes, I plan to tell the kids not to enter Key umma’s room for any reason. I just hope DongHae does not get upset with me for the talk I had with Amber. I don’t think he would have had one and Heechul would have been lost for words. Cinder is a coward when it comes to .”

“You handled the situation in the best way possible at that moment yeobo. Don’t worry. I realize that it’s either us or Super and Heechul hyung who look after all the kids in the morning. So if other parents don’t like what we tell their kids, they can shove their opinion where the sun doesn’t shine. We are doing the best we can to contain the messes they create with their irresponsible behavior.”

Puppy was really and truly angry. I went and kissed him. I kept raining kisses on his lips and face till I felt his stiff body soften up. He deepened the kiss.

It was some time before we let go of each other. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Okay, dragon was no longer angry, but purring.

He went to the kids’ room to check on them, while I began to put the things needed for the day in my bag. Puppy returned with Duckie and Byong under both his arms. They were giggling and wriggling. I left puppy to deal with them and went to check on the older kids. I sent the boys to dress for the day and Amber to take her bath.

I sat down with Minx and hugged her. “Baby girl you remember your promise to me when Byong was born?”

“Which one ummappa?”

“You will kiss Sehun on his hand only and he will do the same. You promised not to kiss anywhere else.”

“How can I forget ummappa? Of course I remember the promise and we always keep it.”

I rubbed noses with her and we sang together, “Promises are sacred. Promises should never be broken.” We grinned at each other.

“And one more thing. Do not go into Key umma’s room for any reason. Tell Sehun also, okay? Don’t let Byong and Duckie go into their room either. If you need something from Key umma’s room tell me. I will get it for you. Okay?”

She nodded her understanding.

“I love you my baby. Now get dressed.” I began packing her bag quickly.

“I love you too ummappa.” She helped me in the packing.

I left her and Amber alone and walked back to our room opposite theirs. Puppy was dressing up the two. I helped him finish up quickly and repeated my instructions regarding Kibum’s room to the kids. With our bags packed and lined up, I went to check on Sehun’s bag while Puppy and the kids began knocking on all the doors to remind everyone to pack and go down for breakfast. I heard Puppy instruct Sehun about Kibum’s room. I told Soo and Jiyeon to pack the last of the stuff into Minx’s and Amber’s bag and bring them down for breakfast.

During breakfast, red-faced TaeKey sat as far away from me as possible. I sent them a murderous glare before concentrating on the kids who were busy talking to each other. HyukHae and Amber were sitting behind me and I heard their conversation quite clearly. Rather Puppy and I shamelessly eavesdropped.

“Appa do you love Hyukkie oppa?” Amber whispered to her father.

I heard DongHae choke and cough up his food. Hyukkie must have patted his back to get him breathing again, as we heard his concerned voice.

“Why do you ask Amber?” DongHae finally managed speak.

“Are you having with him?” Amber asked her father another direct question.

DongHae choked again. We couldn’t resist turning around to see a red Hyukkie patting DongHae’s back trying to get him to breathe again. We turned our back to them again before they could notice our interest. Siwon and Heechul were shocked but looking at our faces they knew something was up and kept silent.

When DongHae could breathe again, he whispered out, “What do you know about ?”

“Just that when two people are in true love they become one physically.” Amber repeated my words. “So are you in love with Hyukkie oppa and are you having with him?”

Heechul suppressed a giggle. I saw even Siwon choking back his laughter.

“Ummm Amber I have hardly known him a few days.” DongHae hedged.

“So you are not having with him? Then why did both of you have bite marks all over your chest the other morning?” Amber wouldn’t let him wriggle out. She was one sharp girl and I guessed bite marks was Kai’s kernel of knowledge.

“We were having a wrestling match which turned into a biting competition.” DongHae made his fatal mistake.

“You really think I am a fool appa? Hyukkie oppa you tell me the truth. Do you love appa? And are you having with him?” Amber turned the heat on poor Hyukkie.

“Yes I love him. And yes we are one physically, to use your words. But just because I love him does not mean he has to love me back. Don’t force him on that point Amber.” Hyukkie answered her honestly.

“So boys do use the ‘love’ word to have . Appa how could you do this to Hyukkie oppa? You should have more respect for him. He is such a nice person. I am very disappointed in you appa.” Amber scolded DongHae.

“But Amber, I respect him a lot.” DongHae clarified in a shocked voice.

“No you don’t. If you did, you wouldn’t have with him without loving him back. He is doing it because he loves you and you are simply using him. I expected my father to be different from bad boys. I expected my father to be the best man in the world. I am so disappointed appa. I am going to sit with ummappa and Puppy appa. Don’t talk to me till you learn to respect Hyukkie oppa.” Amber gave her final warning.

We quickly straightened our faces. Amber brought her food to our table and placed it between me and Puppy. I told Sehun to get an extra chair for her. She sat down in my lap and hugged me. I wiped her teary eyes and hugged her back.

“Puppy can we adopt her? She is already a llama and will fit straight away in our zoo family.” I asked above her head.

She began giggling through her tears. “Ummappa you are so funny. Don’t make me laugh, I am in a bad mood.”

“That’s the best time to laugh baby girl.” Puppy began tickling her. She dissolved into giggles.

I laughed with her and my mind raced. My advice to a 13-year-old had effectively thrown a spanner into my 25-year-old brother’s relationship. I wanted to bang my head on a wall. I wanted to cheer Amber for her guts in facing her father and making him respect my brother. I was totally confused what to do.

Puppy patted my back. When I looked at him, he nodded. His eyes telling me to stop overthinking. I nodded at him, taking his advice.

Suddenly Hyukkie appeared on our table and put his plate on the other side of me. He sat in Byong’s chair and put Byong in his lap. In making Amber laugh, we had missed out on the aftermath of her warning.

I silently questioned Hyukkie. He tearily whispered “Hae hyung is not talking to me because I confessed. I am not asking him to love me back. But he does not want my love either. He has told me he will no longer room with me.”

I patted his back. “Try not to worry Hyukkie. He will see the light of the day very soon. He is just confused right now and feeling cornered. It is impossible not to love you back. He just has to realize it. And as far as rooming is concerned, it is out of his hands. Tonight there are no rooms to share. And tomorrow there will be more people sharing your room. Give him time and trust in God to make everything alright.”

He nodded miserably. I wrapped an arm around his shoulder. Heechul nodded at Siwon who got up and took his plate over to DongHae’s table where we were sure he was sitting alone wallowing in misery.

“Hurry up everyone, we have to leave the hotel soon. Puppy, Siwon come to the reception as soon as you can.” Uncle’s voice rang out.

There were echoes of “aye aye captain” from our various breakfast tables. We began shoveling food into our mouths. Puppy and Siwon hurried off after uncle. Rest of us trooped to our rooms to get our luggage down. Heechul sent our luggage with the kids and held me back for a few minutes.

I quickly narrated the early morning events to him. Predictably he was very angry with TaeKey. But ultimately ended up laughing at Amber’s warning to her father. He agreed with Puppy that I had explained things to Amber in the best possible manner at that time. And it appeared Amber had really understood and taken my advice regarding love, boys and .

We worried about HyukHae breakup. He had a brainstorm. “Jinx, tomorrow night have Uncle sleep with Taemin and Kibum instead of Kai. Let Kai sleep with DongHae. Put Hyukkie and Doc in one bed in the same room. Maybe jealousy will jolt DongHae to realize his true feelings for Hyukkie.”

I grinned at his suggestion. “You are the best Cinder. Yes that will work. I was worried about Byong sleeping in the same room as TaeKey. With Uncle there both will behave. I don’t want Hyukkie to hurt anymore. That girl earlier and now DongHae.” I worried about my brother.

“Don’t worry Jinx. If I know DongHae at all, by the end of the holiday he’ll be begging Hyukkie for forgiveness. Till then we’ll keep Hyukkie busy with the kids.”

Reaching the lobby, we counted the bags and the kids. Umma and imo were keeping everyone busy with last minute photographs. We supervised the loading of luggage into the bus and herded everyone into it. Taemin and Key kept their distance from me all the time.

As expected, Jessica had latched onto DongHae’s arm the moment breakfast was over. Amber kept glaring at them both. Hyukkie tried to avoid looking at DongHae and kept himself busy with the kids, Taemin and Kibum. In the bus, Hyukkie and kids occupied the back row seats, singing and dancing their way to our next stop.

Kids saw the ten-storey high cube from a distance and began screaming in delight.