Day 6 Sea Venture

I Will Protect You ©

73. DAY 6 SEA VENTURE

 

Kid’s joy made it clear that we’d reached SeaWorld. All of us were looking for a day filled with Aquatic and Arctic wonders. We were one of the first to arrive and everyone quickly voted for Siwon, Puppy and Uncle to decide on the tour itinerary and routes. It took them only five minutes to plan out our route. They had the itinerary all planned out through their internet research and had purchased the tickets in Korea itself. They bought the tickets for the sisters also who were enjoying the company of our group.

According to the three sisters from Brazil - Jessica, Krystal and Nicole, our group was more interesting in the short time they’d known us than their American trip in the past two weeks. Umma and imo were chattering with them non-stop. While their tickets were purchased, imo quickly introduced all of us to the new additions to our group. They were same age as DongHae and we decided to call them noona. Imo explained the meaning of the terms noona to them.

They’d been pinching the cheeks of the troublemaker two who finally got tired of it. Byong reached out pinched Jessica’s cheeks, “Ajumma is so sweet.” Duckie followed his example and pinched Krystal’s cheeks who was continuously kissing hers.

The fearsome four were playing rock, paper and scissors to pass time and we kept hearing periodic yells and boos from them.

Our first show had dolphins diving and doing acrobatics for us. We had front row seats, with our special package. Duckie and Byong kept getting up to run to the water. Finally, I took out the strings from my bag and tied it to their waists and my waist giving them no more than two feet of leverage. The sisters laughed when they saw my kids’ management technique.

Next we took a SkyTower ride and had a brief view of the entire SeaWorld and the city around it. Duckie and Byong refused to use strollers. Heechul and I tied them to our waists with only four feet of walking leverage. During the shows we reduced it to 2 feet only.

When we took in the famed Shamu killer whale show, we were literally blown away by the size of the whales. They were humongous.

Then we went to see a show by sea lions and otters. Fearsome four wanted to go on water rides but a reminder of walking around in wet shoes afterwards, kept them to the designated tour. Each new sight was greeted with wows and open mouths. The children mimicked each new animal they met till meeting another new one.

On seeing the sharks, Kai took Amber’s hand and bit it pretending to be a shark. She bit his ear in retaliation. Both of them began yelping in pain. Minx wanted to adopt a baby shark. Umma told her it will bite her future babies. Sehun immediately moved her forward ensuring his future family’s safety. Byong and Duckie got busy biting each other’s fingers. We shook our heads in wonder. All the kids had gone crazy.

Looking over at TaeKey, we found Taemin busy biting Kibum’s shoulder pretending shark attacks. Kibum was giggling at Tae’s antics. We had grown up kids along as well.

Jiyeon came to walk with us explaining that Soo was walking holding Leeteuk’s hand and she was beginning to feel like the proverbial third wheel. Puppy immediately put an arm around her shoulder and began kidding around with her. He soon had her giggling non-stop.

When we finished the tour of the Turtle Reef, our problems began. Kids all started walking like turtles. That meant a very, very slow forward movement. Uncle loudly consoled us, “Be glad they are not crawling on the floor.”

I began giggling at the thought and soon all of us were laughing full throttle. At last, Siwon called out to the turtles to hurry along or they’d miss the pet show. It was our last show before lunch. We reached it in record time. At the end of the show were a lot of yelps, barks, meows, chirps and Tae calling out “Come, come Kitty Kitty,” in a sing song manner.

The three sisters were completely entertained and kept thanking uncle and imo for the opportunity to see continuous live shows. We had food overlooking flamingo area. Fearsome four gulped down their burgers and began running around our tables flapping their wings. We let the string-tied children lose and they joined the wing flapping. There was a competition to see who could stand longest on one leg like a flamingo. Amber won the competition. She was given a paper napkin tiara to wear.

Puppy and Siwon took over after food and retied Byong and Duckie to their waists. We saw penguins up close. Children petted baby penguins. Soo and Jiyeon started calling Siwon and Puppy emperor penguins till they began impersonating their walk. We had a tough time making all the kids and the emperor penguins walk normally. They simply refused to. There was a group of eight waddlers to the next pavilion.

The huge begula whales, polar bears and sea walruses made everyone forget the penguins. The Wild Arctic lived up to its name. We not only had the simulator helicopter ride but also took in the view of the animals above and under water.

Thankfully no one dawdled to our next ride. It was a rollercoaster ride with exciting simulations. We put Byong and Duckie through the height test and both cleared it to sit in the rollercoaster boats. Each child sat with one adult. We explained the safety rules to the kids once again and made them promise they will not do anything to risk anyone. Their future adventure rides depended on their good behavior. Both boats were full of our families and the three guests.

We all whooped and shouted during the ride. It rose, it dropped, it flew above the ground and in the water. Kibum kept screaming “hyung” through the ride even though Tae was sitting next to him. Kai a lot for it at the end of the ride. Kibum did look a little green around the gills to us. Umma handed him some water to drink.

We took in the sight of majestic ray fishes on our way out. Their smooth swimming manner helped calm down Kibum. I wrapped an arm around his waist and told him that the next show was something he’d really enjoy. We took the children through totally children-centric rides in the Sesame Street Play area. Their shrieks of joy and fun were a delight to hear.

We hurried to keep our special dinner date with Shamu. Uncle had managed to get the sisters included in our advance booking, in the morning.

I was sure that was one dinner the children would remember for a long time. We watched another whale show while we had a dinner of sumptuous seafood cooked California style. We relaxed and thanked our trip organizers for ensuring we had exclusive seating and access everywhere.

After a whole day of adventure, children and adults were equally feeling tired. Uncle asked the sisters if they wanted a ride back to the hotel as we were moving on to Carlsbad. They asked uncle about our plans for the remainder of our stay in USA. Then they conferred with each other and Jessica asked if they could be included for the remainder of our trip. Uncle, Puppy and Siwon quickly got on phones and called up the remaining hotels to enquire about room availability. They then called up regarding our special tickets to see if three more persons could be fitted in.

We were extremely fortunate as the response was positive everywhere. Confirming with each place, we quickly loaded into the bus for a ride back to the hotel to pick up their luggage and pay their hotel bill. The sisters kept squealing in delight.

At the hotel while we waited for the sisters to finish up, I whispered to puppy, “DongHae and Leeteuk are going to be tested thoroughly in the next few days. Jessica and Nicole have been eyeing both of them all day long.”

Puppy confirmed back, “In a way it is good. We will know by the time we leave here how committed each one is to their current partner. I wouldn’t be able to tolerate either Soo or Hyukkie suffering with cheating partners.”

“And I’ll have a hard time holding you back when you are beating them up. You are right. Better they stray now then after reaching Korea. At least Soo and Hyukkie won’t be too hurt and will be able to find better life partners.”

We held hands to console each other. The thought of Soo and Hyukkie getting hurt was unbearable. Heechul got up to check on the kids who were too silent. He passed on a sleeping Byong to us and took Duckie with him. Puppy took Byong in his lap to continue sleeping. Byong woke up only a little to adjust and become comfortable.

I got up to check on the remaining kids. Sitting behind us, Minx and Sehun were holding hands as usual and lost in their conversation. I asked if they needed anything, both shook their heads and continued talking in whispers. Amber was sitting with Jiyeon and they were listening to music, each of them wearing one piece of the shared earphone.

Soo and Doc were sitting together and talking. I saw their discreetly laced fingers. Kibum was asleep on Tae’s shoulder who had his arms wrapped around him. Hyukkie and Kai were discussing dance moves. DongHae and Uncle were discussing the remaining trip. Imo and umma were dissecting the day.

Returning to my seat I asked Siwon sitting in front of us if he wanted me to hold Duckie so they could get some rest. Siwon grinned and shook his head. He had Duckie in his lap much like puppy was holding Byong and his other arm was around Heechul who was nestled into his shoulder.

I sat down and wrapped my arms around puppy and Byong. We got comfortable and settled into a position we could fall asleep in. We decided to use the one hour ride to Carlsbad to get some shut eye.

Puppy whispered in my ear, “Don’t over think yeobo. Your worrying will not help the matters. And I think we shouldn’t interfere. Let them both pass the test on their own.”

“Yoda puppy.”

“Always, for you.”

We nestled our heads together and dozed off. I woke up to DongHae shaking my shoulder. I kissed puppy’s head and gently shook him to wake him up without disturbing sleeping Byong. He sat up straight and I removed my arms from around them. Standing up I looked back at Minx and Sehun. Minx was sleeping with her head on Sehun’s shoulder and he was sleeping with his arms wrapped around her. I shook them to wake up. Sehun woke up but Minx kept on sleeping.

“Can’t you carry her ummappa? She is sleeping.” Sehun requested me.

I smiled and nodded at him. “Stay here with her and we’ll check in first. Then I’ll carry her.”

Uncle and DongHae went and checked in everyone and got the room keys. We decided to put the kids to bed first and then take in the luggage. Uncle told us to settle kids, he and DongHae would send up the luggage. Leeteuk and Hyukkie helped them. Puppy picked up my bag and Byong while I carried Minx. Sehun carried their backpacks.

Amber opened her allotted room and I settled in Minx. Taking off her jacket and jeans, I tucked her in to sleep in her t-shirt. Puppy settled Byong in Soo’s room. We carried Minx’s and Amber’s luggage into their room to see Heechul settling in Duckie next to Minx.  

 After settling Sehun and his bags with Leeteuk, Puppy and I carried our bags into our room and bid good night to everyone. We noticed DongHae carrying the bags of the sisters into their room. Hyukkie walked behind him carrying both their bags into their room.

Puppy pulled me into our room and locked the door. “Stop thinking about them yeobo.” Both are grown up and can manage their own relationship. Did you worry like this about me also?”

“No jagi. You never gave me a reason to be jealous or insecure. You told me you loved me and I was the only one for you and I believe it.” I began taking off his jacket.

“If I was the one carrying the luggage for the three sisters?”

“What about it? I’d help you with it.” I moved his tee over his head and threw it on the chair.

“Why are you taking off my clothes instead of yours?”

“I am just being helpful jagi. See I’ve reduced your work by half.”

“You shouldn’t leave things half done.”

I ed his jeans and pushed it and his briefs down his legs. Then knelt and helped them off completely. I put my hands on his calves and moved them up as I stood up, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Puppy returned the favor, lying down he pulled me on top of him. It was my turn and I made slow and gentle love to him late into the night till we couldn’t move a muscle.

We whispered our love before falling into a satisfied sleep.