Day 2 Madness

I Will Protect You ©

66. DAY 2 MADNESS

 

My puppy woke me in the early hours to love me again. Just as we lay softly kissing and basking in the afterglow, there were frantic knocks on our door and a chorus of children’s voices. We donned the hotel’s bath gowns and opened to see our horde tumble in. Multiple voices informed us that no one else opened their door. We were the only ones to answer the knocks.

Byong and Duckie began bouncing on our bed. Minx, Sehun, Kai and Amber looked at the champagne bottle. Kai tried to see if there was any left in it. There were a few drops that he gulped down quickly. Amber poked his chest for being selfish and not sharing. He made a kissy face at her and offered to share the taste. She twisted his lips.

Puppy and I laughed and sat in the chairs near the window, enjoying the show by the kids. Byong was hungry and all of them quickly opened our bags to take out packs of munchies and began snacking. We ordered sandwiches and milk for them and took back the unopened snack packs. Kai and Sehun started going through our camera for the pics of the day before. When they came to the last pic they showed it to the two girls and all of them whispered to each other and giggled looking at us.

Puppy and I must have looked equally horrified as the kids began holding their tummies and laughing. We took the camera from them and checked the last pic. We remembered clicking ourselves but had forgotten the details. It showed our faces all sweaty, glowing and a little red. There was nothing indecent or comical about it.

Kai came over to us and whispered, “Omoni next time don’t take a pic after you have .”

We turned beet red and I whacked his bum. He looked at us innocently, “What? It’s true. That’s what umma and appa look like. I am sure even Minx has seen you plenty of times like this because she recognized the look. That’s how you looked when you opened the door.”

Puppy wagged a finger at him, choking for words. The boy was a brat.

“So tell me omoni are you under the robes?” He called out loudly.

I looked at him in horror. The other three began laughing harder at our new expressions. Oh my god, what were Taemin and Kibum teaching their brat? Whatever it was, was rubbing off on Minx and Sehun as well.

I finally choked out, “Why don’t you go see what others are doing? If anyone else is awake or not?”

“No one opened the door, it’s obvious omoni.” Kai answered me.

“Hey it’s not. Appa must be sleeping. He was very tired last night. He always sleeps late on his day off.” Amber protested DongHae’s innocence.

Kai looked at her in mischief. She looked horrified and rushed out of our room. The other three followed her. Puppy and I sat immobile for a second before rushing in action. Puppy went to have a quick shower and I took out his clothes and put them in the bathroom. I could hear the kids banging on DongHae’s door and calling out to him to open immediately. I peeked out of my door to see a sleepy Hyukkie answer the door and all the kids rushed inside. I put cartoons on tv for Duckie and Byong to watch.

I quickly brushed my teeth as puppy dressed. He brushed his as I showered in two minutes. He handed me my clothes. Once dressed we breathed in relief. Puppy transferred our pic to his mobile and deleted it from the cam. We’d learnt a valuable lesson that morning.

The food arrived and puppy began plating it for Byong and Duckie. I went to call the kids. They were harassing Hyukkie and DongHae with questions on their previous night activities.

“ – don’t you believe your appa when he tells you we slept?” A sleepy, still-in-bed DongHae was asking Amber in exasperation.

Amber looked confused and Kai poked her in the back. I saw Hyukkie sitting red faced in embarrassment on his bed. His hair sticking out in all directions clearly indicating he had been sleeping. They must have called housekeeping to separate their beds.

“Food has arrived. Hope you all have brushed your teeth. If not, do it quickly. And stop harassing people. Trust me, we will abandon you on one of the tours if you continue troubling us like this.” I scolded the Fearsome Four.

“Foooooooooooooood!” they shouted and ran to our room. I was thankful we had booked all the rooms on the floor or there would have been complaints already.

“Hyung what did they think we did last night? And why would they think that?” Hyukkie asked me. “I mean, come on, they are just kids. What do they know about ?”

“More than we think they do. I didn’t even know the spelling of the word at their age. Puppy and I have already been through the grinder with the fearsome four. Guess it was your turn.” I shrugged.

“Fearsome Four. I like it hyung. Wicked name for the wicked children you all have spawned. I never ever want to have kids. I’ll never forget how children half my age could embarrass me like I’ve never been before in my life.” Hyukkie ranted.

I looked at DongHae. He’d turned around and gone back to sleep. “Wake him up to be on time for breakfast at 8:30. We’re leaving the hotel at 9:30.”

“Hyung it’s only 7 right now. I am going off to sleep myself. God awful kids you all have.”

I grinned at him and switched off the lights on my way out. We’d put two sleepy heads together.

In our room, puppy was supervising the pre-breakfast food for all the kids. Puppy ordered more sandwiches to be packed for the kids to eat later. We doubted they’d have too much breakfast and would definitely be hungry before lunch time.

Duckie and Byong were the first to burp. We brushed their teeth and put them in the bathtub to bathe together. Puppy bathed Byong while I did same for Duckie. Rather than waking up Heechul, I dressed Duckie in Byong’s clothes. They were both same size.

“Ummappa do you think appa would agree to my dressing as a boy?” Amber asked me as I put Minx’s clips in Duckie’s hair.

“But you look so pretty in dresses Amber. Why do you want to dress as a boy? Go and dress, I will make a nice hairdo for you.” I said.

“Yesterday I saw most of the girls here dress the same as boys. Why do I have to wear dresses? Boys’ clothes have more freedom of movement. I even want to cut my hair like my favorite singer but appa won’t let me cut it short.” Amber gave her reasons.

“I think it’s because you are a girl and he wants to bring you up as a girl. You are such a pretty girl.” Puppy answered for me.

“Talk to him puppy appa. Please. I want to join the police force, but he wants me to do MBA like Soo unni. I want to cut my hair like you.” She pleaded with Puppy who nodded.

“Let me see what I can do Amber.”

“I want to be a dancer but harabeoji gets very upset. He wants me to join family business.” Kai complained.

“Talk to Kibum about it Kai. He will help you.” I suggested.

“Omoni umma is even worse. He wants me to become an engineer like Minseok sookbu. But I want to be a dancer like Hyukkie sookbu.” Kai whined to me.

Puppy and I looked at each other wondering why we were in this jam. It was for their parents to guide them not us. “That’s too deep a thought for a holiday. You are just 12. You have a few more years before you decide what to do with your life. Don’t sprain your brain right now.” I told him.

They all doubled up when they heard ‘sprain your brain’. We’d left our door open and Soo came to see what the laughter was all about. Jiyeon followed her, yawning and hair mussed. She was 18 and had finished her schooling. She was going to college and was least bothered about getting good grades. Her future was clear to her. Join uncle in his business.

They ate a few sandwiches and went to dress. We packed off everyone to do the same and to wake up their parents. I got Minx ready while puppy made sure everyone was up and about.

After a boisterous breakfast we bundled into our mini-coach and went to Bellagio hotel for a walk through their Botanical Gardens that were dressed up for spring. Hyukkie and DongHae held hands to tease Amber who quickly went and separated the two. They then tickled her and held her hands as the trio walked on. Heechul and Siwon pushed Byong and Duckie in their strollers and we looked after Minx and Sehun.

Kai walked off to be with imo, umma, Soo and Jiyeon who were stopping everywhere to take photographs. We took a few photographs but preferred to see more instead of pose more. Doc and uncle talked as they walked. I nudged puppy and grinned. I was very sure uncle was grilling Doc as a potential partner for Soo. Doc kept looking over at Soo who was looking prettier than any flower in the garden.

Byong and Duckie began whining and I handed over the packed sandwiches to Heechul.

I heard Kibum loudly complain to Taemin, “Hyung we had a wasted trip to Vegas earlier. How come you never showed me any of this before?”

“But Kitty I did show Vegas sights. I showed you a cabaret performance and a strip show. And we shopped.” Taemin reminded him.

Sehun and Minx turned back to us. “What is a cabaret appa?” Sehun asked and Minx followed with. “What is a strip show ummappa?”

We banged our foreheads together. “Hey you two pipe down your conversation, we have kids along.” I called out loud enough for the whining pair to hear us.

Puppy had learnt how to deal with embarrassing questions. “Both are shows for people over 18 years of age, a little like the one we saw last night.”

Kids nodded their heads and walked on. I gave a thumbs up to puppy. He whispered for my ears alone, “I want to see you do a strip show for me tonight.”

I turned a little pink before I could control my blush. “You did promise me an exclusive dance eight years ago yeobo. Time to fulfill your promise.” He reminded me. I nodded. We held hands for a few seconds before letting go. No PDA was needed to show our love. It was in our eyes.

For the next stop and lunch, puppy, uncle and Siwon left the options open to everyone. Their plan was to go to Venetian Hotel next and eat lunch at the restaurants there. Then have the indoor gondola ride before moving to Circus Circus Hotel to catch a live Circus show. Have an early dinner and catch the guided bus for night tour of Las Vegas that they had booked.

All agreed and we piled up in our coach and moved on to the next hotel. Everyone expressed their amazement at the planning and execution by the three. We cheered them and they stood up and took their bows. Venetian hotel showed us a mini Venice. Lot of photographs were taken in record time before we split up for lunch.

Our family headed for Italian food. Imo and family went for Asian food with Doc, umma, Taemin and Kibum. Kai came with us for Italian taste. HyukHae and Amber wanted to try American style. Siwon reminded them that they would get a lot more American meals in days to come. They all joined us for Italian. We relished the variety of Italian dishes we ordered. Minx declared she wanted to be a chef.

Gondola rides were truly romantic. We took gondolas seating four. Siwon and Heechul took Duckie and Byong with them. We took Minx and Sehun. Puppy put his arm around my shoulder and I relaxed into him. The short ride was soon over. I discreetly kissed puppy’s shoulder in thanks as we waited for everyone to finish their rides. We saw a man proposing on one knee after the gondola ride. I quickly turned Sehun and Minx to face another direction and look at the shops, not wanting them to get any ideas.  Puppy nodded in approval.

Kai saw the couple and got down on one knee and emulated the man’s actions to Amber. She gave her answer by whacking him on the head with her backpack. He kicked her. She punched him. HyukHae quickly separated the two. Sehun and Minx missed the drama because they were looking in awe at the beautiful shops I had pointed out to them.

Taemin and Kibum returned from their ride and Hyukkie narrated the scene to Kibum. He whacked Kai on the head, “Behave Kai. I am not ready for a daughter-in-law. I am only 36. I am too young.”

Taemin patted him on the back, “Way to go Kai. That’s my boy.” DongHae glared at him. We gaped at them in wonder. No wonder Kai was such a confusing child.

Uncle called out the time and we all bundled up in our coach again for the short ride to Circus Circus hotel. Kids were jumping around to see the live circus. We reached just in time to pile into our seats before the show began. The kids didn’t close their mouths throughout the performance. It was their first live circus and they just loved it. Puppy also sat like the kids. I kissed his shoulder again. He held my hand for rest of the show. Amber sat between HyukHae. We stood up and clapped at the end of the show. Everyone was still in awe of the circus.

It was the only hotel to offer casino slots for the kids. All of us went there. We handed each kid 10 dollars to change for slot coins. Kai and Sehun won 100 dollars jackpots each. Sehun gave the money to me and happily nodded when I told him we’d buy something for his family with it. Umma handed her slot coins to Kai to play for her. He won another jackpot and we called him our jackpot king. Jiyeon and Soo quietly played the slots with Doc. Imo handed half of hers to Sehun. On the last coin, Sehun hit another jackpot. He and Kai high fived. Minx began whining for more coins. Sehun gave her a handful from his winnings and she happily began feeding her dud machine again.

Sehun and Kai went around the floor to look at other machines. Sehun spotted one which gave out toy gifts. He put in a few coins and one of his gifts was a ring. He came running back to Minx and gave the ring to her. She extended her hand and he put it on her pinkie finger as that was the only place it fitted. She beamed at him and I mentally face palmed. Thankfully puppy was exchanging Sehun’s winnings.

We had an early buffet dinner at the casino floor. It was good and offered variety of cuisines to suit every palate. When everyone was full, we moved into our coach again. We had a night tour of Las Vegas to catch.

We bundled up the kids in warm clothes. The night temperature dropped low. Night time Las Vegas was absolutely breathtaking. After four hours of panoramic and beautifully lit city, we trooped back to our rooms exhausted. Byong and Duckie were sleeping again. It was nearly midnight and everyone was yawning. I got Sehun to call his mother and speak with her. He told her about her jackpots and gave a brief of our two days. In the end I had a few words with her assuring her he was a well-behaved child and no trouble at all.

Once all the children were sleeping with Byong rooming again with Soo and we’d checked on each one, puppy and I went to our room. TaeKey and HyukHae wanted to visit the casinos but we reminded them that we had an early morning tour next day and the next night was totally free of any schedules.

We’d hardly had five minutes alone, when there was a knock on our door. It was an adult party that others organized in our room. All the guys sat down on any available space in our room. DongHae and Siwon brought out liquor bottles and Taemin arranged for glasses and non-alcoholic beverages for Kibum, uncle and puppy. Only man missing was uncle. Kibum left to get him also.

Once everyone had a glass in their hands, Doc raised a toast to us and everyone cheered and drank. Kibum and I got out snack packs and offered around the room. Taemin began telling a joke about a teacher and her 3 boy students.

Teacher: Why did you laugh?

Boy 1: I saw a strap of your bra.

Teacher: You are punished to stay out of school for one week.

Boy 2 laughed…

Teacher: Why did you laugh?

Boy 2: I saw both your bra straps.

Teacher: You are punished to stay out of school for one month.

Teacher bent down to pick up a chalk.

Boy 3 started walking out of the class…

Teacher: Why are you leaving?

Boy 3: I think my school days are over.

We all laughed and uncle told him, “The third boy must be Kai or are you recounting your own school days?” Those of us who’d witnessed Kai’s proposal to Amber laughed harder.

Tae challenged him. “Let’s see if you can do any better.” Uncle began narrating his joke.

A family is at the dinner table. The son asks his father, “Dad, how many kinds of s are there?”

The father, surprised, answers, “Well, son, there are three kinds of s. In her 20′s, a woman’s are like melons, round and firm. In her 30′s to 40′s, they are like pears, still nice but hanging a bit. After 50, they are like onions.”

“Onions?”

“Yes, you see them and they make you cry.”

This infuriated his wife and daughter so the daughter said, “Mum, how many kinds of ‘willies’ are there?”

The mother, surprised, smiles and answers, “Well dear, a man goes through three phases. In his 20′s, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his 30′s and 40′s, it is like a birch, flexible but reliable. After his 50′s, it is like a Christmas Tree.”

“A Christmas tree?”

“Yes – the root’s dead and the balls are just for decoration.”  

We burst out laughing again. There were cat calls from every corner of the room. “You are 50 uncle. Are you narrating your biography? Let’s ask imo.”

“You all are in your fifties. I am still in my twenties. If you want, you can call and confirm with Dae Hei.” Uncle grinned at us. Kibum high fived him.

It went on like that, drink after drink and joke after joke. The four bottles were soon empty. DongHae, Hyukkie and Taemin were no longer sober. Siwon and Heechul were borderline drunk. I was still far away from the borderline. Doc had stopped drinking after two glasses.

“Kitty show me your pole dance please.” Tae was wheedling a blushing Kibum.

“We also want to see,” The rest of the drunks chimed in. Kibum squawked and ran away pulling a stumbling Taemin after him.

“Uh? Now who will show me a pole dance? I have never seen one before.” DongHae whined.

“I know how to. I choreographed it for a show.” Hyukkie raised his hand as if it was a classroom.

“Go sleep off you two. It’s very late and we have to wake up early.” Uncle steered them to their room, leaving us alone with Doc.

“Well Doc, you got the grilling today from uncle?” I poked him in the shoulder.

He blushed. “He thinks I am interested in Soo-jin.”

“Are you not? It looked like that to me for sure.” Puppy said.

He blushed more. “She is a nice girl. Very interesting to talk to. But she is too young for me.”

“Her father does not think so. Unless you have someone else in your mind, what’s wrong with Soo?” I asked him.

“I am too socially awkward to interest anyone. My work has always taken priority till now. It’s my first holiday since I joined med school. You really think Soo will like me?” Doc asked me.

“What’s not to like? The question is, do you like her?” I probed.

“She is very pretty. The more time I spend with her, the more I want to talk to her all the time.” He explained.

“Talk to uncle then. We don’t have anything planned for tomorrow night. Take his permission and take her for dinner in the hotel restaurant. See how you both fare when alone.” I suggested.

He freaked out. “I can’t do that. He will kill me.”

“Your wish. At this rate you will anyway die a bachelor.” Puppy pointed out.

He nodded dejectedly and left. Puppy and I cleaned up our room and turned in for what was left of the night.

“Come here yeobo, I’ve been dying to kiss you all day.”

“So have I.”

“You’ve been kissing my shoulder all day. I couldn’t even return the favor.”

“What’s stopping you now? Stop talking and get to work.”

He stopped talking and kissed me. And gave me a good work out. We clicked another photograph of our smiling faces. Puppy transferred it to his phone and deleted it.

We laughed and slept, setting an alarm for 5:30.