Day 3 Thrills

I Will Protect You ©

67. DAY 3 THRILLS

 

 

The alarm rang too soon for our comfort. We snoozed for half hour before finally leaving the bed. Puppy dressed, while I knocked on all the doors to wake everyone up. I showered while puppy bathed Byong. We reached the breakfast buffet by 7. We had to leave hotel in another 45 minutes. I checked on Minx and Sehun while puppy fed Byong. He had to literally seat the bouncing Byong in his lap to feed him his food.

I reminded Tae and Kai to have their motion sickness medicines for the ride ahead and cautioned Kibum to eat light. DongHae called me over to where he was sitting alone with Hyukkie and eating. He looked to be having a serious hang over. Hyukkie sat silent by his side looking the same. They moved away from each other and created a seat in between them for me. When I was seated and munching on my food, DongHae spoke first.

“I am sorry Jinki. Please forgive me.” He whispered while looking as his food plate.

“For what?” I was confused.

“You see, it was like this. I didn’t mean for it to happen. But, I think I was too drunk. I myself don’t know how it happened.” DongHae kept whispering without actually telling me anything.

I looked at Hyukkie. He was red in face and wouldn’t meet my eyes. I looked closely and saw faint whisker burn on his jaw. I looked at DongHae who was dissecting his food with full concentration. He had a whisker burn on his jaw as well. I spied something on his neck and inched his collar down and gasped at the hickie I saw under the collar. I immediately turned to Hyukkie and pulled down his turtle neck. His neck was littered with hickies.

I sat back and smiled. Both of them looked at me with red faces. I left my food and patted their backs.

“Well boys, it looks like you had a party for two in your room.”

“I am really sorry Jinki. I don’t know how it happened.” DongHae repeated his earlier words.

I looked at him and raised my brows.

“I mean I do know how it happened. What I mean is I did not mean it to happen. You put him in my care and I have made a hash of it.” DongHae tripped over his words.

“I am not a baby hyung. We are two consenting adults. I still say it is none of Jinki hyung’s business. Will you please stop apologizing?” Hyukkie hissed at DongHae.

“So Hyukkie pole danced for you after all.” I laughed at my own pun seeing how the other two got redder in the face. I continued soberly, “If you liked it and enjoyed it, I honestly don’t see anything wrong with it. There is nothing to apologize for DongHae. Like Hyukkie said, you both are adults and if you want to privately dance with each other at night, that’s your business. For all I care, you can dance in the morning too.”

“See. I told you that’s exactly what Jinki hyung would say.” Hyukkie spoke to DongHae.

“But Hyukkie, what will your parents say?” DongHae was still worried.  

“If I cared about what my parents think or say, I’d be living with them in Daegu not Seoul.” Hyukkie answered him.

“Umm you two, can I ask how it happened? I didn’t see any interest from either of you in each other.” I asked out of curiosity.

DongHae blushed red again. Hyukkie answered me.

“You see hyung, I was going to show him pole dance, but there was no pole in the room so I did a strip show. He also began stripping. When enough clothes were off, we wondered how you guys kissed. We had only kissed females before and we wondered what kept you guys interested in each other. As an experiment we began kissing and one thing led to another and it happened.”

I nodded. It somehow matched with what I had thought, except for the stripping part. DongHae choked on his food. I patted him hard on the back to get him breathing again and offered him my glass of juice.

“Hyung stop acting like a . It’s not as if either of us is in any relationship and cheated on someone. We are both single and we enjoyed a night together. I liked it and I want more. If you feel uncomfortable, I can switch places with Leeteuk hyung or Kai.” Hyukkie vehemently spoke. I guessed he was tired of DongHae behaving as if they’d committed a crime.

“Switch with Kai if needed Hyukkie. Let Doc room with Sehun only.” I did not want Doc to move in with DongHae.

“I have not had for nearly ten years. What do you expect me to do? Jump around announcing to everyone that you and I slept together?” DongHae got riled up. “Ok so I was worried about Jinki’s reaction. You are after all many years younger to me and Jinki had asked me to look after you during the trip. I am sure he never meant for me to look after you in bed or look after your ual needs.”

“I am not asking you to announce to everyone. I am just saying, give us a chance. We both liked what happened or else we wouldn’t have spent a sleepless night repeating it many times. When we both wanted it, why are you feeling guilty now? I am 25 years old, not two. I have been married and divorced. You are a widower with a teenage daughter. Both of us know what we want and what we like. We liked it together. Why are you unwilling to find out where it can lead?” Hyukkie had tears of humiliation in his eyes. He was very strong willed and to have someone repeatedly tell him what they did was wrong was obviously chafing on him.

DongHae looked at his food again. I asked Hyukkie to go and finish his breakfast with puppy and Byong. He left reluctantly.

“DongHae, now tell me the truth. What is troubling you?” I asked when we both were alone.

“Jinki, I failed as his guardian.”

“You are not his guardian. I just asked you to look after him to make you feel comfortable with him. Also I wanted to separate Kai and Sehun so I needed Leeteuk to sleep with Sehun. It was in no way meant to make you Hyukkie’s guardian during the trip. He is 25 years old and has been living on his own in Seoul for three years now.”

“So you are not upset about what happened between us last night?”

“Look at me and tell me if I look upset to you at all.”

He looked at me and I smiled and winked at him. He looked shocked.

“His parents will kill me. And they will be very upset with you for turning their son gay.”

“When they are not upset with Tae and me for being gay, do you think they will create a fuss about Hyukkie? I think they will prefer you to the kind of girls he dates.”

“Still it is not right.”

“Why? Like he said, you both enjoyed it. You both are single. You are not hurting anyone with what you are doing. You look good together. You are comfortable in each other’s company. You are able to talk intelligently. You, he and Amber spent most of yesterday together. What is wrong in giving it a chance and see where it leads? He is not asking you for commitment. He is just asking for a chance. You don’t have to meet him after returning to Korea if that’s what you want. And if you don’t even want to be with him for rest of the trip, I will have Kai switch rooms with him.”

“I am so much older than him Jinki.” DongHae whispered.

“I said the same thing to puppy when I first met him. Puppy showed me that age is just numbers. In many ways Hyukkie is more mature than Tae. Not all, mind it. But where he is not, your experience can guide him. His youth will keep you from becoming a grouchy old man. Why not try for the next few days? Usually comes after the beginning of a relationship, but in your case it is the beginning of your relationship. You at least know you are compatible in bed and outside it as well. If you find the is insurmountable, then you can go separate ways on reaching Korea. But right now, you are giving up without even trying first.”

DongHae was deep in thought for the next few minutes as he ate. I finished my breakfast silently, letting him think and decide what he wanted to do.

Hyukkie came to take his bag from he’d left it near his earlier seat. DongHae held his wrist as he was moving away. When Hyukkie looked at him, he nodded. Hyukkie smiled.

I got up and left the two alone to talk it out. I could have never imagined our headstrong Hyukkie falling for the staid DongHae. I went to puppy and sent Byong off to Heechul and Siwon. As puppy finished his breakfast quickly, I related the gist of my conversation with Hyukkie and DongHae. Puppy had suspected something along those lines when a tearful Hyukkie came to eat with him. Yoda puppy.

We looked over the two of them earnestly talking. Puppy put his arms around my shoulder and we smiled together.

“Don’t worry yeobo. Aunt Hee Young will approve of them. If they really do make it work, she may have Hyukkie returning to Daegu for good. Just have career options ready for him when the topic comes up.” Puppy whispered to me.

“He has learnt many dance forms in past three years in Seoul. Maybe he can open a dance school in Daegu or work as a freelance choreographer for shows across Daegu or combine both. Or do anything else that strikes his fancy.” I answered quickly pointing out a few that came to my mind. Puppy nodded in agreement with me.

Siwon reminded everyone to be dressed in jeans for the day’s activities. Umma didn’t own any and Soo offered to lend a pair to her. They went to change quickly. Soo also needed to change the dress she was wearing.

We began sitting into the coach. Uncle counted all the heads and as soon as umma and Soo climbed in, we moved off. Kibum kept squealing in fright. Kai kept teasing him that there was nothing scary about traveling in bus. Tae kept whirling his finger up in the air to make Kibum squeal even more.

We soon arrived at the helipad. We were going by helicopter for a tour of the Grand Canyon. Two choppers were waiting for our group. We had to make a special effort to make Kibum climb into one. He sat between uncle and Tae, holding on tight to both. Umma and imo climbed in with them along with Soo, Jiyeon and Doc.

The kids climbed in with us, with the Fearsome Four occupying window seats. As we flew up, Byong and Duckie clung to Puppy and Siwon. The Four began whooping. Very soon we were flying over the breathtaking Grand Canyon. Our guide told us details about them. Minx moved over to sit with Sehun and peer out with him.

Puppy and I not only enjoyed the view outside but inside also. DongHae put his arm on the seat back behind Hyukkie when the chopper went up. By the time we reached the Grand Canyon, the hand moved to rest on Hyukkie’s shoulder. I nudged puppy to enjoy the view too. By the time we landed near the skywalk, the hand was massaging the shoulder.

Kibum absolutely refused to take a walk on the skywalk. Duckie took a few steps into the skywalk and stopped, refusing to move further. Finally we left her with Kibum. The remaining kids whooped and shouted while walking and looking down into the base of the canyon.

Soo clutched on to the person nearest to her, the moment we moved away from the mountain. The person just happened to be Doc. Uncle looked at them and walked imo ahead of them.

Tae kept trying to sit on the skywalk safety railing. Siwon warned him to behave or the kids would emulate him. He looked disappointed but heeded the warning. Kai and Amber began racing each other. They took two rounds of the skywalk.

I could have never imagined such a trip. Puppy and I stood looking down into the canyon. It felt as if we were standing mid air. Thrill and awe raced down my spine in equal measures. Puppy whispered to me, “Yeobo our love makes me feel exactly what I am feeling right now. Thank you for accepting me in your life.”

“Love you jagi,” I whispered back to him. He nodded and grinned at me.

When everyone had the fill of the skywalk, we purchased souvenirs and climbed into the choppers again, to visit the Hualapai tribe. There we enjoyed horse riding and a tour of the reservation. We saw their weaving and purchased more souvenirs. Puppy purchased a hand woven poncho for me. We had lunch of Indian food. Fearsome Four went to do some archery. They insisted on buying bows and arrows. We made them promise they wouldn’t aim at any living being.

Everyone reluctantly climbed back into the choppers. We descended to the base of the canyon and made awed noises at the height of the mountains. It was an amazing experience.

By the time we returned to our hotel, it was evening and the children began feeling the exhaustion once their adrenaline rush from the trip wore off. We left them in one room to play monopoly with umma and imo and ordered refreshments for them in the room only. The rest of us trooped down to the restaurant to relax without kids for a while and plan for the evening.

Heechul, Kibum and Soo wanted to go to the shopping malls. Tae wanted to catch an adult show. Kibum jumped ship and they walked off to check the tickets. DongHae and Hyukkie went with them.

Doc looked at me and I nodded at him. He sat beside uncle in the chair vacated by Tae, and tensely began talking in whispers with him. I knew he was asking for permission to take Soo out on a date. Uncle must have given his permission because Doc smiled and bowed his thanks. He then called Soo to go with him to check on the kids. Soo looked at me and I gave her a thumbs up. They returned some time later with Soo looking fresh and pretty in a dress and Doc dressed in a suit. I’d suggested to Doc to take Soo to Bellagio for the evening and dinner. I found it to be a very romantic place and worth visiting alone with your love. They bowed to us and left the hotel.

Puppy and I smiled. Uncle called out to us, “So you both knew about it?”

We nodded and uncle came to sit beside us. Puppy answered, “Soo told tokki about her interest in Leeteuk hyung. We are sorry we should have asked you before setting them up. But we were not sure whether hyung was interested in her as well. We hope you are not angry with us.”

“Dae Hei would be concerned about the age difference. But I like Leeteuk. He has all the qualities I want in Soo’s husband. You chose well for her. Are her new clothes your doing?” Uncle looked at me in question.

I nodded. “He needed to see her as a woman, not a girl.”

Uncle smiled. Puppy and I relaxed and breathed out in relief. “We also want to tell you that we purchased an apartment a few years ago for her as wedding gift.” He looked surprised and we gave him the details of it, also telling him that we purchased another apartment for Jiyeon in the same building. He beamed at us. We knew that looking after our little Kim family for years did not leave him much money to save for the girls.

Tae came up to us bouncing. The four of them were leaving to catch an adult show and would have dinner outside. We offered to look after the Kai and Amber and wished them fun. I called Kibum back and whispered to him to let DongHae and Hyukkie sit alone. He gasped but got my meaning and nodded.

Heechul was disappointed to see two of his shopping partners walk away. Siwon patted his back and we went to umma’s room. Umma, imo, Jiyeon and Amber also wanted to go shopping. We kept the children while Siwon and uncle accompanied the shoppers.

We got the kids to bathe while we ordered burgers for their dinner. Once ensconced in pajamas and scarfing down American burgers, the kids watched some cartoons. Soon Byong and Duckie fell asleep still holding burgers in their hands.

Puppy and I relaxed and played games with the older kids till they fell asleep. What a thrilling day it had been.