07

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: palace!au with prince!sehun and songbird!luhan]

 

 

 

 

“No!” Luhan shouted, struggling to get to Sehun. “No! Let me go!

Sehun gripped the sword’s hilt tighter in his hands, his anger rising when he saw how those guards had manhandled Luhan. He was sorely tempted to run the sword through their body when his brother’s voice brought him back.

“So how about it?” His brother raised an eyebrow at him. “If you managed to win against me, I will return him to you.”

Sehun looked at the desperation in Luhan’s eyes, this was a battle he couldn’t escape from. This was one duel that he needed to win, he would never forgive himself if Luhan ended up in his brother’s hands. His brother was known to be cruel, often beating his servants for the fun of it. Using them as a shooting target when he felt like it and Sehun had seen how his brother had looked at Luhan with lust in his eyes.

“Fine,” Sehun told him, readying his stance. “Let’s do this.”

His brother wasn’t his match, his brother had never been his match in the first place as Sehun blocked off another attack from him. Sehun simply wanted to end this as soon as possible and all he needed was an opening.

Once he saw that opening, he quickly disarmed his brother and making him dropped the sword. Kicking it away when he saw his brother reaching for it, Sehun had placed the edge of the sword against his neck. “Yield.”

Looking as though he couldn’t believe he had lost, his brother refused to mutter that one word. Sehun pressed the sword deeper but not enough to break his skin. “Let go of him now.”

Raising his hand, he gestured for the guard to let go of Luhan. Once freed, Luhan had run to Sehun immediately, hugging Sehun from the back.

“My dearest brother, I was simply joking with you. I believe that you can take a joke or two, right?” His brother had given him a smile as Sehun slowly withdraw his sword.  

“Certain things that aren’t meant to be joke about,” Sehun replied as he sheathed back his sword, his eyes still on his brother. He couldn’t let his guard now just yet.  

“Of course,” his brother agreed, getting up and dusting his pants. “I didn’t know that you would treasure him so much.”

Without as much as another word, Sehun his heels with Luhan in tow. He never let of Luhan’s hand until they were inside his room. Once Sehun had ordered everyone out, he checked Luhan for any visible injuries.

“I – I am fine,” Luhan stopped him, his eyes b with tears. Sehun guessed that the male must had been really scared just now.

Hugging him, Sehun placed a tender kiss on his forehead. Today’s incident had made him realise that to be able to protect Luhan, he had to gain more power. Now, Luhan was his world and he will never allow anyone to hurt this fragile male.

With his mind made up, he decided that it was high time for him to take back what’s his. 

 

 

 

*an: this is something that i have, a wip that i never get to complete but i thought the ideal of prince!sehun and songbird!luhan seems like a nice plot. oh well.

ask.fm