36

Sweet Nothings

[brokenheart!luhan and sehun]

 

 

 

If possible, Luhan would rather that he didn’t meet Jongin. If possible, Luhan would rather that he didn’t fall in love with him as well. He was drained mentally and emotionally and all he wanted to do was to find a place where he could his wounds.

Love is blind and there was never a truer saying. Luhan had been blind for the past three years, blind to everything except for his love for Jongin. For Jongin, he had willingly gave up his dream and auditioned to be a celebrity under his company.

For Jongin, he had grit his teeth and finally, achieved his current fame in the showbiz. But how did Jongin repay him? The male had been nothing but cold to Luhan, there was never a kind word nor did he encourage him.

For all of his love, Luhan got nothing in return. But he had been too blind to all of those or maybe he was overly confident.

I am not in love with you

It doesn’t matter because I can make you fall for me.

That conversation flashed past Luhan’s mind but it appeared that he had never managed to melt Jongin’s heart. Not in the past and definitely not now as he caught Jongin with another man. That man was Jongin’s first love, the one he couldn’t forget.

The reason why Luhan never did manage to make it into his heart. Opening the door to his apartment, Luhan headed to his bedroom and flung himself on the bed as he let the tears finally fall. This apartment was a reminder of how stupid he was, every decorations here were picked with extreme care.

The design of this house was catered to Jongin’s likes and dislikes but the male had never once stepped in here. Jongin had never even seen this place because he had never sent Luhan home. All those disinterest looks, the cold glares and his indifferent – hurt.

 

 

“Let’s get married,” Luhan proposed to the man in front of him. The man who exuded elegance with every move.

There was a faint smile on his face, “Okay.”

Luhan was stunned from his response because he hadn’t thought that Sehun would agree to this ridiculous proposal. Yes, this was ridiculous because Luhan had wanted to make use of Sehun so that his father would back off from all those endless matchmaking sessions.

If he proposed to Sehun and the male rejected him then Luhan could tell his father that he wanted no other man except for Sehun. Then his father would back off with all those matchmaking sessions and Luhan could return to his life where he could only to nurse his wounds.

“Let’s pick a date – “

“Stop!” Luhan stood up abruptly. “I don’t think that is a good idea – “

“Why not?” Sehun asked. This man in front of him was always well mannered, never losing his temper. Warm but not approachable, he distanced himself from people, putting up wall but Luhan had never felt that wall.

“You used to be my brother’s fiancé?”

“We didn’t get engaged in the end,” Sehun answered promptly and Luhan sighed. Yes, that was a stupid idea. What was he thinking? His brain must not have been screwed on right.

“This is really not a good idea,” Luhan insisted.

Sehun didn’t say anything as he stood up and hugged Luhan tightly. It was warm and Sehun had been careful in hugging him as though Luhan was a fragile treasure. Such warm embrace was something that Jongin had never given to Luhan.

His heart started to hurt again, “Sehun, I am – I just got dumped by a man and this is unfair to you.”

“How about letting me in so that I can heal your heart?” Sehun asked, his voice full of gentleness. A voice which Luhan had never heard from Jongin. Why was it that Jongin couldn’t give all these to Luhan when he had given his heart to him?

Why was it that Sehun was able to give him all of the warmth he craved, the gentleness that he dreamt of?

“Let’s give it a try then,” Luhan said after a long while. Maybe the best way to heal a broken heart wasn’t to let time do its job. Maybe the best way to heal a broken heart was to open up that scarred heart and let another person in.

Another person who would love you, another person who was worthwhile. 

 

 

*an:another drabble which I wrote on the spot. oh, for those of you who are inspired by what i write and wanted to turn one of it into a oneshot or a chaptered fic, I don't mind. But! Do give me a link for it and also do credit if you happened to use it! yup, that all for now. and i am really excited for TLP which will be happening in SG tml! I can only hope that there will be tons of hunhan interaction. 

ask.fm |