15

Sweet Nothings

[prompt: tutor!luhan and student!sehun]

 

 

 

 

It was an established fact that Oh Sehun was the school’s most popular guy, he was good looking and extremely rich. Oh Sehun was also in the dance club, his skills were one of the best in the club. All these made him extremely sought after, he had a following of girls that stalked him almost every way.

Such was the life of Oh Sehun and it would be perfect if he had the brain to go with everything. Sadly, that wasn’t the case as he crossed his legs and stared at tutor number – wait a minute, he lost count.

“I don’t need a tutor,” Sehun told the male in front of him. Yes, his results were dismal but still, he didn’t need a tutor. He didn’t really care if he flung school but his parents minded, his teachers minded – basically, everyone minded except for him.

“Well, I don’t really care if you need me a not because your parents are the one paying me.” The male told him, he set his bag down on the floor and made himself at home by sitting down beside Sehun.

“Save it, you are fired.” Sehun replied promptly.

“That decision isn’t for you to decide,” came the reply. “Like I said, you are not the one paying me.”

Sehun rolled his eyes, of course, it was always about money. He took out his wallet and took out a wad of notes, putting it on the table. “That’s your pay today, you can go now.”

Instead of pocketing it like all the rest of his tutors, this one actually pushed it aside and even took out his pencil case. “I have my principles.”

Fine, Sehun took back his money. If he insisted on being stubborn then Sehun could play at this game as well. He raised the volume of the radio, paying no attention to the male beside him.

Thinking that his tutor will gave up soon, Sehun didn’t expect him to continue with his explanation despite the loud background music.

“Are you crazy?” He cut him off.

“Here, let’s start with a simple test.” The male took out a stack of papers, sliding it over to Sehun.

Without taking him seriously, Sehun simply filled it up. He was done within minutes and he gave it back to him. Just like his attitude, the male had marked it carelessly without looking at his answer seriously.

“Hey, shouldn’t you at least take a look at it.” Sehun lowered the volume of the radio.

“Well, why should I?” The male retorted, raising one of his eyebrows. “You didn’t take it seriously, I shouldn’t take – “

“Fine,” Sehun clenched his teeth and decided to give it to him. “Fine, give it to me.”

 

 

It’s all for the sake of money, Luhan reminded himself as he got ready for his fifth tutor session with the spoilt brat, Oh Sehun. True to the rumours, the male was handsome no doubt. But he was spoilt, the kind that was used to getting his way.

It made Luhan all the more annoyed that he had to deal with this brat because of the money involved. The power of money, allowing people to demean themselves for the sake of it. For a poor student like Luhan, this amount of money could be the solution to many of his problems.

Steeling himself, he pressed the doorbell and waited.

 

 

“I think I am in love,” Sehun whispered, causing Jongin to spit out the milk in his mouth. “Jongin! That – that is disgusting.”

After getting over his coughing fit, Jongin glared at Sehun. “Next time if you want to say such a shocking thing, please warn me in advance.”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “I am being serious here – “

“What else do you expect me to say?” Jongin cut him off. “I – It is that tutor of yours, right?”

“How did you know?” Sehun blushed a slight red and Jongin wanted to take a picture of it for future blackmail materials.

“Because he is all that you talk about like – really, is there a need to have tuition session three times a week?” Jongin asked and Sehun speared the hotdog on his plate, bringing it to his mouth. “Not to mention, your results are dismal because you refused to do your test properly.”

That had been the reason why Sehun wasn’t really concern with his school work, choosing to put all of his energy in dancing. If he wanted to do it, he could have ace his test but it just a matter of having the motivation for it.

“But – “

“Which remind me if you don’t buck up, you will be taken off the team.” Jongin mentioned offhandedly.

“I – Hey, they can’t do that to me,” Sehun said. “I – if he sees my test scoring going from a twenty to an eighty, what do you think he is going to do?”

“He will resign and refused to speak to you because you have been playing him.” Jongin told him, a grin on his face which irritated Sehun to no end.

“Hey, Kyungsoo!” Sehun shouted and Jongin immediately turned to the direction he was pointing. “Sorry, I guess that isn’t him.”

Jongin glared at him, “Of course, the high and mighty Oh Sehun think that it is funny to tease his cousin. How old are you? Three?”

Sehun simply shrugged.  

After spending time with Sehun, Luhan realised that the younger male wasn’t all that bad. He had some bad qualities but he had his redeeming point as well. Like he could be much more childish than Luhan thought.

He imagined that those girls’ heart will definitely be broken if they happened to know the real Sehun. But well, Luhan was glad that they didn’t know. A tiny part of him wanted to be the only one to see this part of Sehun.

How he could be extremely serious or how he looked extremely dashing if he was to wear his spectacles and he was really well built which he guessed must be from all the dancing – wait, that sounded suspiciously like a crush.

It couldn’t be that Luhan happened to like the younger male, right?

 

 

As many had said, secrets weren’t meant to last and Sehun’s heart fell when he saw Luhan holding his latest test results in his hands.

“I – I can explain – “

“Save it,” Luhan cut him off immediately. Damn, he was played by a brat. “I guess you don’t need a tutor any longer. Thanks for the past few months – “

“Luhan, don’t say that.” Sehun took the papers out of Luhan’s hands. “I am sorry, I didn’t mean to but – “

“I guess rich people are really different compared to – “

“Luhan, stop.” Sehun swallowed, he felt that he was losing him real fast. “Don’t say things that you will regret.”

Luhan didn’t say anything anymore and simply shrugged off Sehun’s hands on him before taking his bag and walking out of his room.

“I – I have a performance this Friday! If possible, please come!” Sehun shouted at the retreating figure of Luhan.

 

 

“I am not going,” Luhan told Kyungsoo, his roommate.

“I am not asking you to go, I am ordering you to go.” Kyungsoo replied.

Luhan narrowed his eyes at him. “He played me for a fool!”

“Well, maybe he has his reason for doing that?” Kyungsoo suggested. “Like maybe he likes you?”

“Don’t kid me – “

“Just go for my sake?” Kyungsoo took out his puppy eyes, refusing to let go of Luhan’s hards. “Please? Please? Please? Please?”

“But – “

“I will cook dinner for you this week.” Kyungsoo informed him.

“Deal.”

 

 

The place was crowded with girls as expected with majority of them being fans of either Sehun or Jongin. They managed to get a good spot and the lights dimmed just they got in within minutes.

Sehun’s performance was outstanding and Luhan simply couldn’t tear his eyes away from him. The rest were equally outstanding but in the eyes of Luhan, Sehun was more outstanding than anyone else.

Luhan was about to go off when Kyungsoo refused to let him go, he pulled Luhan to the backstage. “I am not going to – “

“Luhan,” Sehun called out his name and Luhan turned his back on him immediately. Kyungsoo, after completing his task, had went off quietly. Now, only Luhan and Sehun was in the room.

Sehun had looked downright seductive, he was now wearing only a singlet and tight jeans. He still got his makeup on and Luhan swallowed unconsciously.

“I am sorry, I – I just didn’t want you to leave.” Sehun started his explanation.

“Why?” Luhan asked simply. “Why didn’t you want me to leave?”

“Because I – I like you.” Sehun stammered, his face a bright red and he averted his eyes. He could feel his heart beating faster and he reckoned that if he was to get rejected, he will just drink his sorrows away.

Luhan’s heart did stop for a moment at the unexpected confession. After a minute or two, he had walked over to Sehun’s side. Cupping his face in his hands, Luhan tipped up slightly to kiss Sehun on his lips.

“There, that is my first kiss. Take responsibility for me from now on.” Luhan blushed at the things that he said but he guessed that the dazzling smile on Sehun’s face was really worth it.

 

 

Closing the door lightly, Kyungsoo high fived Jongin beside him for accomplishing their mission. Kyungsoo had grinned and was about to head off when he felt Jongin grabbed his wrist.

“I – do you have anything on?” Jongin stammered a little. His y persona all gone and was replaced with the rarely seen awkward male.

“No,” Kyungsoo answered him uncertainly.

“Good, let’s go for dinner then.” Jongin laced his fingers together with Kyungsoo, tugging him away. “My treat.”