17

Sweet Nothings

 [prompt: sehun comforting a heartbroken!luhan]

 

 

 

 

Getting over this unrequited love wasn’t as easy as what other people had told him. The pain in his heart as he watched Minseok waiting at the end of the aisle for someone else that wasn’t him, made Luhan wanted to blind his eyes.

He shouldn’t be here because he wasn’t sincerely wishing the couple well. Luhan wanted to break them up, he wanted to be the one who was walking down the aisle toward Minseok.

Not her.

Holding back his tears was proving to be an impossible job, Luhan bit down on his lips harder. He wanted to be the end game for Minseok, not some other woman. Granted, this woman that Minseok was marrying had been a perfect match for his best friend but Luhan knew better.

He known that he could be what Minseok wanted and more, he knew that down to his bones. But being the coward that he was, Luhan didn’t say anything to him. He didn’t hint for fear of changing their friendship and now, he was too late.

 It crossed his mind to confess to Minseok when he had asked him to be his best man but Luhancouldn’t do it. The joy that radiated from Minseok whenever he talked about Seoyeon was blinding, Luhan couldn’t bring himself to cause Minseok any unhappiness.

In the end, he had to watch Minseok getting married with someone else that wasn’t him. Minseok’s happiness had been much more important than his own happiness.

 

 

“What?” Luhan glared at the man who was standing in front of his desk. “Can you just go away?”

Rolling his eyes, the man had sat down in front of Luhan instead of going away as instructed. How dare him? Luhan was the boss here and this man was blatantly ignoring Luhan’s wishes . Blowing him a raspberry, Luhan turned away. 

“You can cry if you want to, you know?” The man told him with his arms folded. His eyes staring at Luhan as though he could see everything that Luhan wanted to hide. It made Luhan hated him because then, this man could see how pathetic he actually was.

“Go away,” Luhan told him. “I don’t want to see your ugly face.”

“If you just accumulate all the unhappiness, eventually, you will turn into a vengeful person.” The man quipped before standing up, walking over to Luhan’s side. Pulling him up, he made Luhan faced him directly. “Therefore, I am sacrificing myself for the greater good – “

“Oh Sehun!” Luhan’s voice held a trace of warning but Sehun refused to let him go. “Let go of me.”

“I decided to earn some good karma for myself by allowing you to vent your anger on me.” Sehun told him, disregarding the warning. “So – “

Before he could finish, Luhan started to pound his fist on Sehun’s chest. “Why? Why her? Why didn’t you realize that I have love you for the past few years? Why is it that I have to watch other woman break your heart? Why do I have to watch you holding another woman? Why are you so cruel?”

Luhan continued voicing out thoughts that he had buried deep in his heart for far too long. His fist got lighter and lighter as the tears blurred his eyes. Eventually, he slumped down on the floor. He had vented his anger and now, all that was left was simply unbearable sadness that eat away at him. “Why couldn’t it be me?”

Sehun squatted down, he pushed Luhan’s hands away from his fave before thumbing away his tears for him. Afterwards, he had hugged Luhan tightly with the utmost tenderness. “Because you are too good for him, God is saving you for someone special.”

Luhan smiled slightly at that, the things that Sehun said could still catch him unaware at times. But the hug had been comfortable, it had been comforting and Sehun had been extremely gentle with him. There was none of the usual sarcasm that Luhan was all too used to from this male.

“Thank you,” Luhan whispered softly, resting his head on his shoulders.

Placing a kiss on his forehead,  Sehun had given him a smile in return. It stunned Luhan a litte since it wasn't often that Sehun actually smiled. “You are welcome.”