24

Sweet Nothings

[divorced!hunhan who get back together with fluff]

 

 

 

After two years of not seeing each other, Luhan was pleasantly surprised to meet Sehun again. What made him even more surprised was that Sehun was here at a soccer match when the male had made up all kind of excuses to not go with him in the past.

Luhan was wondering if he should greet Sehun or if he should walk away. After all, what could you say to your ex-husband? But he didn’t have to make any decision when Sehun walked up to him. He had to say that time had been especially kind to Sehun. His ex-husband had looked better than before, his once boyish feature had sharpened, giving him a more mature feel.

“Luhan,” Sehun had greeted him first.

Luhan’s heart lurched painfully, that had been the voice that he had missed so much. The voice that made him feel all better after a bad day at work, the voice that managed to lull him to sleep at night. It was the voice that made Luhan felt safe and protected, knowing that he was loved. “Sehun, how have you been?”

A question which Luhan didn’t really want Sehun to answer. Because Luhan hadn’t been doing well when Sehun wasn’t beside him. He had covered it up really well, he had covered it up so well that everyone had thought he managed to move on. But the actual truth was, Luhan was still stuck in the memories of them.

He still brewed too much coffee in the morning, he still cooked too much when it was just him, he still couldn’t get used to sleeping alone. No matter how much he tried to forget Sehun, he couldn’t. He found himself thinking if Sehun would like a particular shirt, he found himself wondering if Sehun would like his new creation, he found himself crying after watching a sad movie and hoping that Sehun was beside him.

He was pathetic, he admitted it. But love do that to people, it made you all sort of crazy. For some, it was the good sort of crazy. But for others, like Luhan, it was the bad sort of crazy.

 “Not well,” Sehun whispered and took a closer step to Luhan. “I am not doing well at all. I am simply living my life half alive and I am so tired of it.”

Luhan felt it hard to swallow, he felt his heart being squeezed painfully. As much as he wanted to go back to where they left off, it wasn’t possible any longer. How could it be possible when Luhan was still picking up the pieces? The process had been painful, he had been pricked by the sharp edge of the pieces and more often than not, he would break down and started to cry.

Luhan couldn’t afford a second time, he didn’t have the confidence that he could survive the second time. People said that time healed all wounds but they had forgotten about the scars that were left behind. Scars that were a reminder of your mistake, scars that still hurt when you touched it and still bleed if you peel the scab off.

“I can’t do this a second time,” Luhan whispered, his tone filled with fear. “I can’t go through that for a second time.”

Sehun swallowed, wanting so much to gather Luhan in his arms. The male had looked so fragile, so small…so vulnerable. He had been the one who done this to Luhan, taking away the light in his eyes and the smiles. Sehun despised himself, wanting to go back in time so badly. But there was no second try in life, all the mistakes that you made, you had to bear with it for the rest of your life.

“If you tell me that you don’t love me,” Sehun took another step closer. “If you push me away when I hug you then I will disappear from your life entirely.”

Luhan wanted to laugh, no matter how much he had lied to himself, he knew that deep down inside of him, he still love Sehun. “I can’t, you know that I can’t do that but that doesn’t mean that I am ready to let you hurt me a second time.”

“Luhan – “

“Trust is like giving the other person a knife, trusting the person to never stab you with that knife. But you did, you took that knife and stab me where it hurt the most.” Luhan pointed to his heart. “It still bleed now, it still hurt now. You destroyed a part of me.”

“My heart still bleed, I still hurt too. Memories of us still played in my mind, haunting me and refusing to leave. I regret to this very day when I didn’t try hard enough to maintain our marriage. I went through all the what ifs, I kept asking myself what could I have done better.” Sehun thumbed Luhan’s tears away gently. “I ask myself what do I need to do to hug you again, to kiss you, to see you smile and to wipe your tears because I can’t live without you.”

If Luhan’s heart didn’t soften then, it most definitely soften now because he couldn’t live without Sehun too. To be more accurate, he could live without Sehun but he didn’t want to because that meant going through life half alive. It meant having a void in his heart that no one could ever fill.

“One chance, just one more chance. I will get it right this time.” Sehun grabbed Luhan’s hands in his. “I will pick up the pieces for you, I will make you so happy so that the scars won’t hurt again. This time round, we won’t get it wrong because we are different from who we are two years back.”

Luhan nodded. Yes, they were different from who they were two years back. Sehun placed a kiss on his forehead as he slid down Luhan’s wedding band when Luhan spotted same wedding band on Sehun’s finger.

The idiot never did throw away their wedding rings.

 

 

*an: sorry for the anon who wanted fluff because well, this just came out when i was writing. do drop in any prompts that you have for me at my ask.fm. also, i am looking for beta for a oneshot that i have been working on, do pm me if you are interested. 

[ask.fm]