40

Sweet Nothings

[ Luhan returned back to Korea to look after his deceased boyfriend’s younger brother since that is his deceased boyfriend's last wish.] 

 

 

 

Luhan checked once more to make sure that he got the right address. Taking a deep breath in, he calmed his racing heart as he prepared to press the doorbell. This decision could potentially be his biggest mistake in life and for a moment there, Luhan wondered if he was doing the right thing.

But really, what constituted as doing the right thing anyway?

That was a question he had no answer to. Luhan had only known that if he didn’t do this for Jaejin, he wouldn’t be able to live with himself. Taking another breath in, Luhan squashed all of those pesky doubts and was about to press the doorbell when the door swung open. It almost hit him in the face if it weren’t for his fast reflexes.

“Don’t come back here again!” A middle aged man bellowed and Luhan guessed that it was directed at the man who was currently walking out of the house with a bag slung on his shoulder.

The man made no retort nor was there any indication that he was taking those words to heart. In fact, he was far too calm for a person who had just chased out of his house.  Sparing Luhan the briefest glance, he pushed past him and walked away.

 

 

It took a while before Luhan realised that the man who had brushed past him was the person he was looking for. He griped the strap of his bag, running after the man who was almost out of his sight.

“Oh Sehun!” Luhan shouted and saw the man paused in his steps before he continued walking. Rolling his eyes because it was obvious that the man had heard him, Luhan picked up his pace. Thank god for his daily workouts and he promised himself that he won’t miss one of his workouts when he finally caught up with his target.

“Oh Sehun,” Luhan was panting slightly now, his hand gripping tightly on his bag. “Why didn’t you stop when you heard me calling your name?”

Frowning ever so slightly to indicate that he wasn’t pleased, Sehun had looked pointedly at Luhan. “Ahjussi, didn’t your parents teach you to not talk to strangers?”

“You don’t remember me?” Luhan questioned the male in front of him. “We met once before.”

“Are you using a pick up line on me, ahjussi?” Sehun asked. “You are too pretty to be my type and I don’t make it a habit to go for ahjussi – “

“Come on, let’s go to a nearby café first.” Luhan suggested when he saw that they were attracting weird stares from people.

“Are you going to treat me? If you are not, I am not going.” Sehun told him and Luhan sensed a headache coming.

 

 

“So ahjussi, what do you want with me?” Sehun asked as he sipped on his Java Chip Frappuccino, courtesy of Luhan.

“Live with me,” Luhan told him and winced because that had come out really wrong. “I mean – “

“Ahjussi, you are jumping the gun a little too fast, don’t you think?” Sehun interrupted him. “I don’t even know – “

“I am Jaejin’s boyfriend,” Luhan stated simply and for a moment there, Sehun’s expression faltered. “Or rather, I used to be your brother’s boyfriend.”

“I don’t have a brother,” Sehun answered him coldly. “If you are done here, I will be on my way.”

“Jaejin asked me to take care of you,” Luhan added on hurriedly when he saw Sehun was about to stand. “He asked me to – “

“He is six years too late,” Sehun gave a bitter laugh. “I have been doing well by myself, I don’t need anyone to look after me.”

“Jaejin didn’t abandon you, he is working hard to save up enough to buy a house so that he could fetch you – “

Sehun didn’t say anything for a long while as they sat in silence, sipping on their coffee. Luhan was quite certain that the stubborn male would most definitely say no and his head hurt as he tried to think up of ways to convince him.

“Alright, take your time and think about it.” Luhan told him when another minute passed and Sehun still wasn’t saying anything. “If you decided to look for me, you can go to this place.”

Once Luhan had given Sehun his address, he left the male alone. He could only hope that Sehun wasn’t that stubborn, knowing that the male had no place to stay in for now.

 

 

“You owed me a drink,” Minseok told him, making himself comfortable on Luhan’s couch. “Scratch that, you owed me a meal.”

“I don’t owe you anything,” Luhan handed a can of beer over to Minseok. “You are helping me out of the kindness of your heart.”

“Right,” Minseok told him drily. “If Miyoung didn’t ask me to help you, I will most definitely leave you to die on your own.”

“Glad to know that I didn’t rank that high up on your list.” Luhan leaned back against his couch, taking a long swig of his beer. It had been a most tiring day, moving his things into his new house. There were still some boxes that he had yet to pack as well as a hundred other things which needed his attention but Luhan decided that he had done enough for today.

“Don’t be sad,” Minseok’s voice was full of mirth as he patted his friend’s shoulder. “Everyone don’t rank that high up on my list except for Miyoung. Which remind me, I don’t see anyone else here.”

Luhan threw an arm over his face, covering his eyes. “That brat hasn’t contact me yet.”

“So you are just going to let him be?” Minseok questioned him, knowing full well that his friend wasn’t one to give up so easily.

“I am giving him one more day to make up his mind,” Luhan informed Minseok. “I will have that brat know that I am not some pushover.”

“All the best to you then,” Minseok patted Luhan on the shoulder.

 

 

Waiting for him at his college had been the best plan that Luhan could come up with when he realised that he hadn’t thought to ask for his number. Then again, he had a feeling that Sehun won’t be all that willing to give him his number or he will made up some number on the spot and passed it off as his.

Going around the college, there had been once or twice that people offered help to him. He guessed that this might have something to do with how lost he had looked. He was ready to call it a day when he spotted Sehun.

Luhan had took off, running after him again. Just like the scene before, he had grabbed onto Sehun’s bag strap and made him stopped in his track.

“Ahjussi, you are stalking me now?” Sehun sighed. If there is any sighing to be done around here, Luhan should be the one doing it instead of that brat.

“I am not stalking you, brat.” Luhan told him. “When are you going to – “

“I am hungry, ahjussi.” Sehun interrupted him. “Let’s go to a ramen shop to continue this conversation.”

 

 

Ordering a bowl of ramen for himself as well as for Sehun, they had waited until the waiter went away before continuing their conversation. “Are you planning to move in with me?”

“Ahjussi, it isn’t that I don’t want to move in with you but I barely know you. What if you turned out to be a murderer? Or what you turned out to be a ert?” Sehun voiced out his concerns which Luhan decided was just plain bull. “I am scared, you know?”

“Where are you staying now?” Luhan asked.

“A friend’s place,” Sehun answered him.

“I know that you don’t really wanted to live with me and trust me when I say that I feel the same way too but let’s do this for Jaejin.” Luhan handed a pair of chopsticks over to Sehun.

“I don’t owe him anything,” Sehun took the chopsticks from Luhan. “I don’t see the need to – we are practically strangers.”

“Let’s do a test run then, you will stay with me for a month and if you don’t like it, you can move out at the end of the month.” Luhan suggested.

“I am a terrible cook,” Sehun suddenly told him. “I can’t cook for nuts and I like my things to be uncluttered.”

“We will figure something out,” Luhan grinned when he realised that was Sehun’s indirect way of saying that he will move in.

“Ahjussi?”

“Yes?” Luhan decided that Sehun also needed to change how he addressed him because he wasn’t that old yet to be called an ahjussi.

“You are paying for this,” Sehun pointed out as he ordered yet another bowl of ramen.

 

 

*an: another wips of mine again. this is supposed to have major angst as the story goes on. and we are finally here at chapter 40! thanks for being with me for the past 40 chapters, [yes i do know that there are many of you that wanted me to turn some of those drabbles in to a chaptered fic or oneshot but really, it will take a long time with all the planning and stuff.] but i am still thankful for your support for the past few chapters.

ask.fm